Bhutto's death

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by aki*lp, Dec 27, 2007.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Assassination
    27 December 2007 Rawalpindi bombing
    On December 27, 2007, Benazir Bhutto was killed by gunshot wounds to the neck and chest as she was leaving a rally of the Pakistan People's Party in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. The assassin then blew himself up, killing about 20 people. The attack occurred just after Ms. Bhutto left the rally, where she was giving a campaign address to party supporters in the run-up to the January 2008 parliamentary elections.

I was sitting in the beauty parlour waiting for my mom's hair to be dyed, when these customers came and said that Benazir Bhutto was dead, which I said "What?! No way!" to. Then my father called telling us to come home ASAP confirming the death, and all the shops around were being closed, the men and women on the streets were running. My mom went in a total panic state, and I tried ot calm her. Kind of like the scenes from the sci-fi War of the Worlds . It was really as if a disaster had taken place and people were running for their lives. As the people from my mom's office live far off they are all going to stay at my house for a while.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just saw it on the news. Do you live in the town she was killed in?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, this definitely makes the situation in Pakistan that little bit more complicated.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I just heard about Bhutto and I am disgusted and devastated that she was assassinated.

I am so sorry that you have to live in such a volatile area, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this obviously difficult time for Pakistan.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

That's horrible. I learned about it yesterday, when I arrived back home, and that's simply horrible.

I feel terrible for her children, the people she left behind, the people who believed in her..

Aisha. :hug:.

Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I heard it yesterday on the news.
    This is just awful.
    The things in Pakistan will be very weird these days because her assassination happened two weeks before the Parliamentary elections.

I don’t fear death...I don’t think it can happen unless God wants it to happen because so many people have tried to kill me. - Benazir Bhutto

aki*lp

THIS IS THE WORST.

It seems like no one cares.

Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What do you mean?

aki*lp

It's an absolute disaster. The country is in turmoil.

These fucktards don't care if they burn thousands of cars and kill others to vent out.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I, being from Bangladesh, understand what the Pakistanis are goin through. We also had a lot of political unstability last year and suicide bombings back in '04/'05. It really is horrible, cowardly and most of all, terrifying. I first heard the news of Bhutto's death from my dad yesterday and was quite shocked! The way things are progressing, I don't see an end to all these turmoils any time soon.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
    User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I heard about the assassination when I came home from work yesterday. Bhutto sounded like she had the best intentions for Pakistan and she knew what she was doing. She very well could have won the elections, too. Very sad news.

aki*lp

Another thing that really pissed me and depressed me was:

When a mob went and started beating mentally challenged people in the asylum, and the deaf, dumb and blind aswell. This is not islam, or any religion.

This is UNFORGIVABLE.

pho3nix

pho3nix Member

Yeah... Thats like so crap.

When one is hurt they generally dont hurt themselves even more.

These people have little awareness of the consequences. They would just take off their frustrations from low standard living when given a chance.

I wonder why Bhutto's family would not put an end to this. They easily can. They share the reasons why bhutto gained so much power in the first place.

I dont exactly know someone I could get mad at.

Is the situation better now?

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

sorry if this maybe insensitive and ignorant but i find it ironic how when Bhutto first came back, the level violence increased and now that she's dead, the level of violence has futher risen...