President Barack Obama/World News & Issues Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Looking like a good day for Obama.

2. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Hat trick!

MSNBC just called MD for Obama

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Incredible! H-O-P-E is spreading!

4. Todd

Seeing MSNBC's little map really shows how well he's doing....this is just amazing.

Attached Files:

5. Derek

John McCain is such a boring speaker. Not to mention he sounds depressed every time he gives a speech.

6. Todd

I know, I couldn't even watch. I turned it off and watched the Proper Condom Use episode of South Park that my TiVo recorded for me during the Obama speech (which was an excellent speech as usual). TiVo FTW :lol:

7. Derek

McCain reads from a teleprompter. It's painfully obvious. He had this blank stare on his face the entire time and he just pandered on.

Ridiculous :lol:. Oh and of course for the second night in a row, Clinton DID NOT congratulate Barack on his wins.

8. Todd

Obama reads from a teleprompter too, but he doesn't make it obvious

9. Todd

Yes, I know a double post :lol:

But what's amazing is turnout for the Democrats. With what's reporting right now, the Democrats had 1,527,386 votes tonight and the republicans only have 644,286. Traditionally red states are going to be in play. That means the republicans will have to spend money to campaign in some states they normally wouldn't need to spend a dime in to win. Their resources will be drained in the swing states, increasing the chance they'll go Democratic even more. The republicans are fucked in November.

10. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Did you know that the amount of expected black voters in Virginia was lower than expected, and the number of white voters who voted for Obama were higher than expected?

11. Derek

Yup, its because unlike what our terrible governor in Pennsylvania (Ed Rendell) says, America is through voting based on the color of somebody's skin (yes he actually SAID PA would vote mostly white). They are through with the conservative view of the fact that we have to vote for a 'white male president' instead of an African American male president, or even a woman for office.

And most of all, they want change. Just like I want change for America, and will be campaining for Barack Obama in Pennsylvania for the primary (if the race gets that far and assuming nobody drops out before then).

I stumbled across this post on Obama's blog made by a Republican (or Obamacan as Barack now calls us lol) and I feel it suits my opinions perfectly:

12. Todd

MSNBC has called Wisconsin for Obama!

13. Derek

According to my brother: Obama won Hawaii too. Looks like it is all but assured Obama will be the nominee.

The delegate math is impossible for Clinton, but even with that in mind...we still need all of you guys in TX and OH to have strong showings for Obama come your primaries. If Obama is going to win this, he needs to win it convincingly and that is by taking both OH and TX.

14. Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

From your resident Wisconsinite--out of the seven people living in my house, five voted for Obama. The other two didn't have time to get to the polls.

An interesting tidbit--when I sat down to register (my address has changed since the '06 midterms), there was a girl sitting next to me, excited because this was her first presidential primary, but the voter registrars were about to turn her away because she didn't have "adequate proof of residency". They weren't going to mention that she could have someone sign as a witness attesting to her residence until I spoke up and said that I would vouch for her.

I don't know how many times that that happened yesterday, but I think that's one of the reasons why college students don't vote. We need to have poll workers who really know their stuff, and aren't about to just let people walk away.

15. Derek

Actually there's been a lot of reports of voter intimidation/unfairness during this presidential campaign. I'm curious, who was she attempting to vote for?

16. Todd

She needs to win 65% of the remaining delegates....and that's just to catch up to Obama. She'll need even more to pull ahead and maintain a margin. It's not going to happen. IF, and that's a big if, she wins Texas and Ohio, it will be by a very thin margin.

And FWIW, Wisconsin was the worst Obama has done since Super Tuesday as far as margins of victory go, and he still got 17% :lol:

17. Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I don't know, in Wisconsin you're just given a ballot with both parties' candidates listed on it. I'd venture to say that she was voting for Obama (college student and all), but there's no way to be sure.

18. Todd

This is a bit old, but I don't think it's been posted before. It's perhaps the only good thing SNL has done since the early 90s:

[youtube]pd8_Fjj2uuk[/youtube]

19. Derek

Anyone see this bullshit about "Delegate Hub"? Hillary is really starting to look desperate with each passing day.

20. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Is Obama winning?

Yes or No please. I don't feel like thinking.