Emo

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Jesse, Feb 21, 2008.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Okay, maybe it's more like torturing the Jews in the Holocaust to insult Emo. It's that labeling againnnn, and it hurts EVERYONE.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You can't be serious.

Emos seem to almost ask for it in my opinion. I'm not saying all of them or even a majority of them are like that but I think the whole idea of Emo is to be placed into a Category/Label.

Labels exist and there's no getting around it. That's the harsh truth. If you don't wanna be put into a label then not being Emo is a start.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Okay, Maybe it's like putting the Japanese in those internment camps to insult Emo, because they diiid bomb Pearl Harbor.. psh. Askinn for itttttt >_>

Luke

Emo cannot be compared to race, Zak. That's like me saying every person who listens to grunge music must be a white stoner.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Zak, go away. I'll take every warning thrown at me for this, but you're an asshole. Just go away.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The thing is that emo is NOT an condition. To some it's a lifestyle, or a label but it's surely not some kind of medical condition. I think saying it is, is kind of stupid in my own opinion. But that's why I opened this forum for people to discuss their opinions, not to start a flame war.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Okay..

Luke

QFT.

Will

I'm being serious. You're being a complete and total idiot. This thread has nothing to do with anything you're talking about, and you're insulting a lot of different people with your remarks about racism, the Holocaust and the Japanese bombings of Pearl Harbor. None of those things have anything to do with the classification of emo as a genre or lifestyle. All you ever do is take the piss out of threads and act like a complete jackass. I don't care if I get warned, I'm sick of you causing controversy in every thread you post in. For your sake and the sanity of everyone here, GO AWAY.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Will pretty much said everything. Goodbye, Zak.

Luke

I was told to get off a bus in central London once because I'm a quarter asian and I just so happened to be wearing a back pack. The only thing an emo would get when they got on a bus looking the way they are is looks by passengers saying ''what the fuck'' which in one sense is mission accomplished to them.

Comparing emo to racism is against everything I stand for.

Will

I don't think it's entirely fair to make this generalization. Some people can't help but me categorized based on how they look, no matter how different they may actually try to make themselves look, you know? I mean, I could pretty much fall into every category from "scene kid" to "prep," but I'm not really any of those things. I'm just me, as cliché as that sounds. But someone else is bound to categorize me a certain way, no matter what.

To not be something is only going to cause you to be labeled as something else, regardless.

Luke

I know exactly what you're saying Will and I agree with you but I tend to believe that way simply because Emo appears to be one of the more extreme cultures and above all seems to be a very trendy and popular thing to do these days. If people didn't want to be put in the obivous categorisation of being Emo then quite frankly the only option is don't be Emo.

I completely stick up for those who are wrongly labeled etc. People who do that are just narrow minded idiots.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Don't worry guys, he's gone. He caused way too many fights on these forums. We finally had no choice but to ban him.

Will

You've also got to consider the fact that, as I said, being "emo" and being "scene" are two completely different things. I know a lot of scene kids who aren't emo in the slightest, and have never been unhappy a day in their lives (unless they took an unsatisfying shit or something, which would probably really be the only time they were unhappy :lol:). I guarantee 90% of the "emo kids" you meet or see are actually genuinely happy "scene kids," but since you never hear about the scene kids being sad and shit like that (overgeneralization, I know), you almost hear exclusively about the emo kids.

It's kind of like how in baseball right now, all the steroid talk is making the clean players look bad and whatnot, when actually the percentage of steroid-using players is super low compared to the complete makeup of baseball as a sport. The same concept applies to being emo or scene.

Luke

Yeah I get what you're saying (I think :lol:). I'm not saying Emos are bad people or live up to the slit-wrist shit or anything (apart from those who are just attention-seekers through and through). I just hate the decision they've made to join this unholy bandwagon. :lol:

Will

And that's exactly what makes it a "scene," really.

In all actuality, any "scene" can be called a "scene" for sake of using stupid, improper words. I could call a group of metalheads "scenesters" and wouldn't be wrong, because they're following their own scene, which is metal.

The problem with the "emo" scene as that it's so broad a term (everything from pop punk to metalcore, nowadays) that it's just referred to as "the scene," and it's really got little bearing to do with being "emo" at all.

I agree it's a stupid bandwagon, if only because everyone and their mother is jumping on.

Luke

A friend of mine hate's emos so much that one time him and his friends just threw two of them into the Canal at Camden Lock. I don't condone that kind of shit at all and I think it was a pretty cuntish thing to do but it made me think that there really is a pure hatred for Emo in the world these days which is why it is astonishing to see so many people take to this culture which is easily targeted for abuse.

Sure enough various people are gonna hate various other cultures than Emo but Emo really does stand out, at least to me, as the culture that everyone loves to hate.

I think my dislike for Emo stems from the resentment that I have for the fact that their are several artists I like who are wrongly branded Emo and because I listen to them I get called Emo by narrow minded cunts. Those same narrow minded cunts are the type of people who'll listen to a rock song by someone like Foo Fighters or Papa Roach and call it Emo.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Yeah, I don't really like the way the term's used nowadays. I suppose I look fairly scene, I mean I DO wear skinnies and have a fringe. I also listen to bands like MCR, it just pisses me off when people don't pay attention to any of the other bands I listen to.

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

I've gotten into many an argument about the true meaning of emo, and that's why I'm just going to say that I don't like the term emo used the way it is most of the time. According to 90 percent of the people I know, emo is "slit slit, die choking bitch," and that's not what it is at all. Sure, there are those who act that way, but emo is more about emotions (hence the EMO part :lol:). Seriously, I don't like the term used at all, because it's pigeonholing for one, and for another, people use it in the wrong context when they use it.