Cable or DSL

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by LinkinJunior, Aug 24, 2003.

Alex

Alex Ambient

hehe yeah that commercial was funny......... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :huh: which commercial is that? (/me is from england)

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

oh i forget who the commercial was for but some chinese person was telling a carrier pigeon to go West.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

WTH>You, you're really strong on your opinion about DSL.
    Isn't DSL a phone line type connection?
    My speed is 1869 Kbps.

I use comcast for my cable connection and sometimes my internet doesn't "find the page". This happens less then most of the time I'm on but it still annoys me when it happens because I'm usually in the middle of something. The weird thing is that when that happens, I can sometimes log onto MSN explorer and use that browser. If that doesn't work I use Kazaa's browser. Also, when that does happen, for some reason I'm still connected onto Kazaa when it happens.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hey, where ya' from? I have Comcast as well and it freakin' rocks - I've never been more happier with the results. I can download songs in literally less than 30 seconds.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

Hey, where ya' from? I have Comcast as well and it freakin' rocks - I've never been more happier with the results. I can download songs in literally less than 30 seconds. [/b][/quote]
    I can do all that jazz too, but sometimes it just says "finding page" and then it just shows up blank and gives me one of those "cannot find sever" messages.

I live in a suburb outside of Philadelphia.

Like when I was downloading your Crawling remix it took me 6 minutes.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hmm, that's really weird, man.

It just happens out of the blue? 'Cause I only get that if I try using the internet as soon as Windows starts because obviously, it's not finished connecting yet. Call 'em up and see if they can help you out.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

Yeah. It happens out of the blue. I've been asking my dad to call up comcast and ask them what's up with this, but he never has. I guess I'll have to beg more. :D

Then again, it could, don't qoute me on that because I'm not sure, have to do something with the router. My brother and I are connected through the router while my dad has the router and cable modem downstairs. My dad and I have been getting the same "finding page" message, I don't think my brother has because he's never on long enough to even get one of those messages. Although, when we had just one computer downstairs with the cable modem, we never got that "finding page" message (then I broke that computer with my mad computer breaking skillz :p ).

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

:lol: Hahaha...sounds like it might be a router problem, indeed. You know, you can call Comcast yourself, I'm sure. Give it a shot.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

My dad disagrees it's a router problem, he just says it's an internet problem. My dad also said that I should call up comcast my self, but I'm only 12 years old. I'm a little nervous about doing that but I think I will call them. I'm really starting to get annoyed by this "finding page" message, and if it's the router, what's the problem with it?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

No clue - a defected router or something? I know nothing about repairing it, but just try your best 18-year-old-voice and call 'em up. They might ask who's name is on the bill and what's the last 4 digits of their social security...just tellin' ya' in advance. Good luck!

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

lol! I do sound like I'm 14 or 15 though. Maybe they'll buy that, but with the social security number, I'm out of luck. I don't know what my dad's is but I do know who's name is on the bill. :D

Then again, I've found two ways to get rid of this "finding page" problem.
    1 Wait your *** off for about 4 or more hours and then the internet should be back.
    2 Restart my computer. I'm never in the mood to restart my computer. Windows XP can take a little time before it loads because of all the crap that's on it.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I just realized that I'm victim to that error as well. I've gotten it 2 times so far. I just got it right now. I just hit refresh 3 times and it worked agian.

Cable is still better than DSL.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

The fastest I'v ever went on my cable is 450 Kb per second I think is right for like a good hour hmmm I dont know why I felt you people should know that. Meh w/e I'm going to bed good night LPA.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I have cable from Charter Pipeline, and I hate it. For the prices RoadRunner and Comcast usually charge for 1mbps+ download speeds, I get 256kbps. Charter has a monopoly on the cable lines in St. Louis so they can overcharge us and rip us off and there's nothing we can really do, except get DSL. But that poses another problem. Back in the summer of 2000, I called Southwestern Bell to see about getting DSL, but it wasnt available and they told me it wouldn't be unil summer of 2002. I didn't call in 2002, but just a couple months ago, 2003, I called. Now, DSL won't be available here until the end of 2005.

So if I want broadband, the only choice I have is Charter >_<

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

LOL my stepbrother was trying to connect my computer to the cable modem wirelessly. When all was said and done, he was like "You've gotta think like the router...be the router." Cheesy, I know..but it was funny

skyline007

skyline007 Well-Known Member

cable

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

DSl is way better. It is quicker and more efficient (in my opinion)

WTH>You

WTH>You Banned

THANK GOD! Somebody who agrees that DSL is better.

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

In Sweden you can get VDSL that goes up to 26 Mbps.
    It sounds a bit different.

Metamorphosiss

Metamorphosiss Well-Known Member

Cable, is better.