President Barack Obama/World News & Issues Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The clouds will part and the sky cracks open and god himself will reach his fucking arm through, just to push the button and elect him into office.

2. Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Oh dear god, I don't know if that's epic fail or epic win.

Either way, EPIC EPIC EPIC :lol:

EDIT-

We have tallied the votes and it comes out to EPIC FUCKING WIN.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  3. Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

1. I was referring to the people bashing the entire state of Texas. Having lived here for 8 years (born and raised in NY), I can say the vast majority are not as bad they are made out to be, although there are a few predominant rotten apples. In fact, in my college's county, Obama got more votes than either Republican candidate, and only trailed Hillary by a couple of thousand votes.

2. I never said I was for Hillary. I'm just not favoring Obama, considering the way he's handle the vicious rumor that he's Muslim.

:lol:

4. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

He defends this so voraciously because most of the public automatically connects being Muslim to being a terrorist, something which he has every right to vehemently deny since it isn't true. I'm more than sure he has absolutely nothing against Muslims; he just doesn't want false connections made between him and radical Muslims.

5. Derek

Obama actually went on record to say he supports Muslims (even though he never was one, and is a committed Christian) and wants America to start respecting and appreciating the Muslim community, and regain their trust.

"What is probably going to be most important for us in the long term is to regain the trust of the 1.3 Billion Muslims in the world. We need to build schools, help dig wells in countries that don't have drinkable water, and assist in providing public health for people with HIV/AIDS. When we send the message that we are interesting in helping them improve their lives, you will see an improvement in our image on the world stage."

6. Omar

He should deny any false claims; but he doesn't deny the audacity of these claims, and that's what I find so offending.

Time and time again he'll state he's a Christian, but never have I seen him say that these rumors are down right offensive to Muslims. Of course, we're an insignificant handful of the population, so why would he? He, like the other candidates, are out to win big votes. He wouldn't risk it, especially considering the competitiveness, because that would mean not only risking said votes, but also a possible nomination for Hillary.

7. Derek

I actually believe he said that he had nothing personally against people of the Muslim religion and that he feels that the mindless dogma against them needs to stop, and that he feels those rumors are not considering the feelings of the Muslim American people. He's actually said this on record somewhere and I just need to find the quote. Might take a while, but I'll find it for you.

8. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Dude I was just kidding. I dont think anyone actually took what I said seriously. Thats why I threw in a smiley face. No one is blaming Texas

9. Omar

You don't have to. I'm going to end up voting on the lesser of two evils. I haven't felt a strong sense of appreciation for a president since JFK.

Although I liked Clinton.

10. Derek

FOUND IT!

"This has been a systematic email smear campaign that has been going on since...actually very early within this campaign. Clearly it is a deliberate effort by some group or somebody to generate this rumor. I have never been a muslim, and am not a muslim....and these emails are obviously not just offensive to me, somebody who is a devout Christian and has been going to the same church for the last 20 years, but it is also very offensive and disrespectful to Muslims because it plays obviously into a certain fear mongering [that exists]."

So he admits it is wrong towards Muslims, and denounces the need for people to play into unjust stereotypes about the religion.

11. silve2

silve2 Banned

There was a Spongebob episode once, where Spongebob and Patrick kept making Sandy mad because they said shit about Texas...

You don't wanna end up like them do you? :p

BTW, SHOOOOES FROM TEXAS ARE DUMB...

12. Omar

A quick google search of the first few lines of the quote yields a lot of blog entries, however, I need something more substantial. The first one (politico.com) takes you back to its source article (which differs somewhat from the above quote) on: The Christian Broadcasting Network. Not exactly where I needed him to be saying this. :lol:

13. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

14. Derek

Incredible that just because OH, TX and RI wasn't won by Obama, all of a sudden the media seems to be turning on Barack and saying that he faces an uphill battle because of the predominantly 'pro-clinton' Pennsylvania.

Lets see, it doesn't matter that he won 12 states in a row, is leading in delegates and is protected to do well in WY, MS and NC...he still apparently is fighting an uphill battle.

The media again is doubting what the Obama campaign can do. Funny how they go with the political tide, and not the cold hard reality. It's Hillary that is fighting the uphill battle. The numbers don't lie.

15. Derek

16. Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

does no one else think it's amazing that we will FINALLY have a black man in office.. god knows it's time, this country has come a long way since the 1960's

17. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

We don't.

Yet.

18. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I've been thinking the same thing. It's even been on the Australian news.
    Plain stupidity.

19. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Obama kicked Hillary's ass in Wyoming

(the news outlets won't call it until later tonight once all counties have caucused, but from the results that are in so far, which is most of the counties, it was an ass whoopin')

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You can tell that Hillary's getting desperate because she's the one who's saying she'd be interested in a combined ticket with Obama, but Obama's all like "fuck that, I'm not in this to run for Vice President." I love this guy.