Just outta curiosity

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by B7rent, Mar 8, 2008.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

If you could pick the next linkin park single to be released, what song would it be and how would you do it?
    I was just curious what ppl would choose and do...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"in pieces". full stop. if it were my choice, i wouldn't have released "given up", but i've come to see that wasn't such a bad idea.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

how would you see the video for in pieces being like tho?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i'd put it as a radio-only. 'cause i don't have any idea.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

The last single is "The Little Things Give You Away". Just my guess. It's the only non-single, Minutes to Midnight song that Lp played at both my Projekt Rev show back in 2007 and the OKC show last week. Plus Lp has some video footage from back when they visited New Orleans back in 2005 that was suppose to surface on LPTV when Minutes to Midnight was released correct? They mentioned that in the preview and I never ended up seeing it. Makes me think that they are saving it for a single release. Besides they went back to New Orleans again last week to build more houses, well that could be the music video right there with little wording captions that say things about Hurricane Katrina and how Lp helped rebuild. Just another indication that TLTGYA is the closer of the album. This is just my hunch, I can't say for sure that it's the single. The song would have to be edited to a shorter version for radio play being it's six minutes long.

It would just be too original and unsurprising if "Leave Out all the Rest" were the last single even though it seems like that would be a single and In Pieces isn't very radio friendly even though it's the best song on the album, it's a way too sappy and personal track, I really hope it's TLTGYA.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
    Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

I hope that the next single is TLTGYA but i'm sure it will be LOATR

B7rent

B7rent Guest

i agree w/ ya lpsparks41... i guess we'll just have to see what linkin park decides, i didnt really expect them to release given up as a single but they did so im sure theyll surprise us w/ what they decide...

and voltage this isnt aim or msn try actually writing stuff like song titles out

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I doubt they will ever release TLTGYA as a single. It's too long, I mean six minutes on the radio? No way.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I never thought of that before. If it was edited that would suck.

lester480

lester480 Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be edited, cause even stairways to heaven wasn't even edited...

Here is my top 3 choices for the next single in MTM:
    TLTGYA
    In Pieces
    No More Sorrow

B7rent

B7rent Guest

no more sorrow would be an awesome song to be the next single
    they could make it quite the political music video if they wanted to

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

LTGYA has 0 commercial appeal why would it be the last single? LP is in a market where a classic rock record will not be successful ( they have videos on TRL, TOP 50 on the charts with very mainsteam acts, etc etc a lot of fans won't admit it, but LP is very commercial, so why would a classic rock record be released?? people will just scratch their heads in response to it). Warner picks the singles, not the band, and at the end of the day it's about making money not releasing the best records.

Leave Out All the Rest has the best commercial appeal from the singles left. Valentines day would be an experiment like breaking the habit. In Pieces would be MY choice to release as the last single, it has some commercial appeal so it might get the nod but I wouldn't hold my breath.

LOATR, In Pieces, or Valentine's day ( in that order) will be the last single.

LP's not going to release a heavy song last. I see what LP is trying to do, they're alternating singles with softer to heavy tracks.

WID (softer then a regular LP tracks people are accustom too, but still lead off single worthy)--> Bleed it out ( heavier) --> Shadow of the day ( softer) -->Given Up ( heavy, No More sorrow should have been released at this point in my opinion) ---> LOATR/In Pieces/or valentine's day (softer)

Songs that I gurantee won't be singles : In Between, Little Things Give you Away, and Hands Held High

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Stairway To Heaven has never been released as a single.
    Just got ridiculously popular somehow.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

The Little Things Give You Away could be the last single, not because it is the most mainstream and TRL bubble-gum chewing pop record on the entire album, like Leave Out all the Rest or Valentines Day, but because it sends quite the powerful message, about New Orleans, which could be intensified through a music video.

I also think The Little Things Give You Away is kind of in a different style then the rest of the singles that have been released thus far. What I've Done and Bleed it Out, although very-very-very different from traditional Linkin Park, are probably the two most similar sounding tracks of Minutes to Midnight when compared to previously covered grounds. The Little Things Give You Away contradicts the style of the first two singles, because it is the most unique song of the album and breaks outside of their style the greatest.

Besides doesn't Lp already have a catchy sounding record? It's called Shadow of the Day, and while still a hit, it's success isn't that incredibly massive, when compared to other singles. I think it's time to take a small risk try something even more different.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
    erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

"Leave Out All The Rest" so they can have another big song like in the end. which they havent had a single as well known since.