Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows To Be Split Up

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, Mar 13, 2008.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

http://www.movieweb.com/news/74/27274.php

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

They can say it all they want, I still think it's a monetary decision.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

To a certain extent it is a move to make more money. However, I am quite happy with the decision. This way at least one movie will fully satisfy the fans. Hopefully.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

QFT.

Don't lie, it is a fucking cash cow. Warner Bros. has NOTHING after this series, so they want to milk it out as much as they can. Least the fans will be happy that everything can tie together.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The way I feel is that fans are never going to be fully satisfied with a movie adaptation that was derived from a fantasy book because these fans that have read the book already have ideas of how it should look visually. The movies almost never meet the visions fans have in their heads, thus leading to disappointment.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I was fucking pissed at the Order of the Phoenix movie the way they cut stuff out left, right and centre.

I'm a fan of this move. They should've done it from The Goblet of Fire, or at least made them longer.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't understand why they couldn't just leave in all the important parts and cut out all the filler and then just add the filler to an extended edition on DVD.

I mean, EVERYONE ELSE DOES THAT.

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

It's not for the money, from how I see it. I mean, look at all the fangirls. They'll murder someone if there's stuff left out. Besides, this book has about 1 percent filler. The rest is integral to the plotline. I don't understand why people can't sit through a four hour movie though. Five hours even. I mean, if you want to see it badly enough, sit your ass down, and don't move for five hours. It's that simple.

ThreeDaysGraceFan

ThreeDaysGraceFan Banned

I sat through the LOTR movies - I think I can sit through one long Harry Potter movie...
    They are definitely trying to milk this for all its worth.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

ahh THANK YOU. I Wanted them to do this. Because the Seventh book is just so Massive with Information.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I hope they at least release them on DVD in the same set. But, understanding business, it could very well be released at 2 different times to make more money as well. Oh joy, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2!

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Have you read the book? You really can't cut out any parts in the book, as they said in the interview, there aren't a bunch of little subplots that you can take out. I think it's a wise decision. Sure, it's a money making scam, but hopefully it will keep fans like me happy when they don't cut out big scenes.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

For All I care let them make more money. The Harry Potter Series is Amazing. And If They Make More Money By Keeping More Storyline In the Movie. Makes Me Happy. I'll Pay to See Both In Theatres, and knowing my Friend He'll be taking me to the Midnight Premiere of Both parts like he always has in the past.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

why cant the have like an intermission when it gets to the half of the movie in, i mean i want to see the whole movie AT ONCE! because like they did with the matrix thingy i was not excited anymore when revolutions came out.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Just because you can sit through it doesn't mean everyone else can.

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

I can technically sit through it, but I don't think I'll be able to. What would be good would be if you pay for part 1 and 2 as one movie, for the same price as a normal ticket, and when part 1 ends, there's like a thirty minute break, until the second part starts in a different screening room. That might be impractical though.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Intermission used to be the best thing ever if you were hungry or needed to piss.

I almost missed the Battle of Helm's Deep 'cause my stomach was eating itself.

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

the books are so much better, why do people still pay to see that garbage?

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Dude. I read the book and I didn't even understand what the hell was going on. Cutting subplots would totally fuck up the story line.

Perhaps they could even flesh out the actual explanation and obtaining of the Deathly Hallows, since I was like WTF ITS LIKE THE 3RD TO LAST CHAPTER AND ITS THE FUCKING TITLE.

There was so much cut out of every single movie that while not important to the main plot, still developed the characters a bit more. Like how Snape is actually somewhat compassionate. They totally cut those parts out of the first four films, which bothered the hell out of me. And how they cut out Snape's trial in the first movie. It actually showed that there needed logic and not just dumb luck to get through to the chess set.

But whatever. Hell, let them make money. As long as I'm not confused walking out of the movie, I could give a rat's ass. What's so wrong with making money anyways? People gotta eat.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

seriously, they were fine with butchering the last few movies and cutting important points out of them - i don't see why they suddenly want to do this last one so much justice by splitting it into two movies ... :rolleyes: