Is this life?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by aki*lp, Mar 14, 2008.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Today since it was my sports day and I was not participating, nor wanting to go (for some really sad ass reasons) I stayed home.
    As my mother arranges flowers for some french hotel near the airport, and someone we know who lives close to that vicinity is leaving today for Japan, she wanted me to come along.

When we were on the main Bridge (The KPT interchange/ Kala pull) We saw smoke coming out from somewhere on the road. We drove further as we thought that it was trash burning. It turned out to be cars burning. Yes, we were on a blocked bridge where cars were burning.

Lately I have realised that I never make topics which are of a humorous nature.

It was apparently a "protest" against some Danish magazine or something. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHAT THE HELL?

Our tailor told us that he recieved a letter yesterday which said "Show that you a true muslim by shutting the store tomorrow".

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Thats called being a whining bitch about a cartoon. Freedom of speech ftw. Geert Wilders is going put that movie out no matter what.

NofxPants

NofxPants Does your house have stairs?

We live in a society where fear can be instilled from the smallest of things. Some people try and change it by standing up for what they believe in. The majority is apathetic. That is the world we live in today. The Apathetic Majority mainly takes action when something happens "close to home." An example of this is 9/11. I won't elaborate, I'll just say that America struck out on the wrong nations for the wrong reasons. Where's Osama, George?

But when something takes place in Africa, say Darfur, Uganda or Rwanda, the majority sits back and says "wow, I'm glad that's not happening here."

This is life. It's apathetic, it watches cars burn, it does nothing for others. I may have strayed very far from what we were really talking about, I just felt like ranting about the broken, useless, fucked-up place we call home.

When the world fails, you'll see me sitting in a kiddie pool drinking beer and eating a hot-dog watching everything go down.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Whose cars were they?

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Bloody religion.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Last night in the city's capital.

Somehow it reminds me of "counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums"....

Not exactly related but sad anyways.