M&G questions?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Fleur de Lys, Feb 25, 2008.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I'm maybe going to the Skive show in Denmark 5th June. Only "maybe" because of those darn exams. It's a four days festival.

Is there Meet & Greet at a festival? If there is I will join LPU but if there's not I will wait till I have some more money, I'm going to do it sooner or later but my budget is a bit tight right now.

1. Is there M&Gs at festivals with LP?

2. Would you join LPU now if you were me?

3. I saw a video on youtube were someone got his guitar signed at a M&G. Is that really possible? Would be awesome if I could get my PRS signed. What are the rules of what you can bring?

Actually I hope there will NOT be a M&G at that festival because then I'm sure I won't miss anything.

Thank you:)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

im not too sure about what you can take - i remember reading on the LPU that it suggests that you dont take 'bulky' items.. you define bulky i guess

i got my From The Inside book signed at the Sheffield, UK gig (25.01.08) it was a bit of a pain to carry around at the gig but it was well worth it IMO
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/JJ79/DSC_0077.jpg
    it looks mega cool :)

and im not too sure if there is a M&G at festivals.. i dont see why not. but you'd have to ask someone else for a definate answer. sorry i couldnt be more of a help than that.

about joing the LPU.. this was certainly the case for the UK tour.. but all the newer members that havnt seen LP before got a pass.. whereas the older, more experienced members didnt get one..

so its up to you i guess :p

Fleur de Lys

Thank you.

So lets say I joined in April. I live in Europe so would the package make it before the June show? Are they fast or slow.

And when is it decided who can go to the M&G?

JJ

i ordered my package the day LPU7.0 came out. it arrived just after new year - sometime in early January. i dont know exactly when i ordered it so i cant answer your question really :/ and i live in England btw

on the LPU you simply find the show you are going to attend and then click on 'Im Going', i found out about my M&G pass about a week before the show. but its usually 3 or 5 days beforehand when you find out if you've been lucky to get hold of a pass.

Fleur de Lys

So you get some kind of password you have to say at the door? And thanks for the info.

JJ

you get an email from the people in the LPU telling where you need to go and what time, usually at the box office a couple of hours before the show. if i remember correctly i think you need a copy of the emial they send you, and some sort of photo ID, also you need to show the people at the box office your ticket for the show (+ the item you want to get signed) you then recieve a wrist band and a little note telling you where to be - everyone who recieves a pass meets up at a certain point inside the venue at the pre-arranged time and from there someone takes care of you (in my experience it was a lady called lisa or something) its pretty straight forward..

Fleur de Lys

Nice. It turns out I am going.

My freind and me will both sign up at LPU on the same time. Could it happen that only one of us can get a pass (That would ruin everything).

JJ

yes. it could happen. theres no garentee that you, or even both of you guys would get a MnG pass

Fleur de Lys

One last question. I have joined now. How many people do they usually take in? (because there's only 20 people in the "going" section right now)

JJ

it varies quite a lot. roughly speaking though its usually around the 50 mark. i've seen a lot more people get a meet n greet and i've seen a lot less :/ i think it depends on the venue tbh. when i was lucky enough to see them in the M+G at Sheffield (25.01.08) there were only around 25 people who got picked, and there was 93 people "going"

Fleur de Lys

Okay :)

JoMe

JoMe Well-Known Member

For a Denmark show I think you will get in. For the show last May I just signed the "I'm Going" thingy and got an email for the meet n greet. Unfortunately my internet was down that week so I didn't see, so I didn't came to the meet n greet but that's another story. There are not that many LPU'ers in Denmark, and as you point out there's exams in that period, and a lot of LP's fans are going to school, so I guess you would have a good chance of getting in. That's the reason I can't go to Skive, since it's 400 km away and I probobly got an exam that day. Sucks!

Fleur de Lys

It's "Grundlovsdag". You are not supposed to have an exam that day. But it sucks that you're so far away.

And thanks for the info :)

And hey, how many were on the "i'm going" list by that time?

JoMe

JoMe Well-Known Member

Oh yeah it is! I forgot that, maybe I have a chance of going anyway. But it takes forever for me since I live in very near to Copenhagen.

And I simply can't remember how many had the "I'm Going" last time.