What do your parents think about Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Taylor Hewitt, Sep 13, 2003.

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

:chaz: :mike: :joe: :rob: :brad: :phoenix: Well? Topic says it all.

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

they hate the screaming and the lyrics...they only like how they dont really swear.

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

My mom said finally some group who has a good voice. :) She likes LP.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

My dad hates it (he says it's too much agressive, understandable to the guy that has all Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin CDs), and my mom isn't a big fan for the same reason but she likes the calm songs.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

My mom thinks their about "hating everything" or something like that. She thinks im obsessed too and that there may be something wrong with me I guess but she hasnt said anything really

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

My mom doesn't even know who LP are. She just defines the music I listen to as loud and aggressive, so she hates it. ^_^

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

My dad hates LP and my mom likes them.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Both of my parents like Linkin Park. My dad had me burn a copy of both Hybrid Theory and Meteora for him so that he can listen to them while he's working and whatnot. He enjoys them a lot. My mom likes them, too, but not as much as my dad. She tolerates them, especially when I'm blaring the CDs in my stereo.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

it took some time for my mom to get used to them, but now she likes em. She went to the concert with me and when i played meteora she would say: what happened to the other linkin park cd? hehe she's pretty cool

my dad tries to buy new artists to stay hip, but i doubt he likes them...he was more a beatles type guy hehe

My mom thinks LP are okay. She doesn't like the loud songs like Faint but she obviously 'approves' of Numb because of Chester's singing.

relative.degree

relative.degree Well-Known Member

My dad thinks they're angry teenager music, and that's basically what they are - but they say that in a better way. And my mom thinks Mike's cute and Chester's hot. She said she wants to go out with them. She likes their music. :p

Hah.

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

That's just funny. 'Angry teenager music'. :lol:

I wish I had more open-minded parents. They just immediately hated the music I listen to just because it's 'loud'.

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

My mom is alright with them, she won't listen to them in my room with me but in the car she listens to them with me. She said Breaking the Habit was a great song.

My dad doesn't know who they are.

linkinlady

linkinlady Member

my parents used to tell me to turn the music off when i listened to LP (Hybrid Theory) and they didnt liek it coz they yelled in the songs and stuff, and that its just "noise"... but i was talkin to my dad recently and hes liek, "yea that song u always watch on TV? the one u taped? (yes... i am guilty of taping faint.. and i plan on taping breaking the habit when it comes out, lol, AND i have the videos of the rest of the songs from Frat Party) i liek it, its a pretty good song" so im guessing my dad likes it, but my mom, she doesnt liek when chester screams, although she can probably outscream him herself (lol)

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

well, i remember when LP first came out my dad absolutely hated them.. he thought they were "sick, stupid, angry and probably on drugs" yes.. and that freaked me out a lil.. i think my dad is a bit of a hypocrite when he says that because he use to LOVE "Black Sabath".. yar Ozzy Osbourne's band.. anywho.. but now he just thinks its funny how i love LP so much.. And as for my mum she doesnt mind me listening to them a lot. She just likes them better than most other rock groups because they have more "music and melody" heh.. that's why she liked SIB.. kinda scary cos she started singing along to it.. heh.. but yar.. overall they dnt mind LP.. but i think they wished i liked some other type of music.. :rolleyes: yeah right.. i love LP too much..

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

My parents most likely dont mind at all as they buy me all my LP stuff

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

My parents hate anything recorded after 1970. Including LP and every other CD I have :argh:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Breaking The Habit isn't going to be a video. ;)

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

My mum thinks they are ok. She likes In The End a lot.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

my does not care, he doesnt like the screaming but doesnt hate it either, just would prefre them not to. my mom says they ok, likes the softer songs