Official: "We Made It" Premieres 04/29

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

By changing their style to continue to sell records, instead of working to make better music?

Not saying LP has done this, but having a successful debut doesn't make you immune to selling out.

2. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

ya true but they changed their style becuz they wanted to..and MTM hasnt sold like super great so.. if they were trying to..it didnt work

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If you ask me, if anything...they almost committed commercial suicide with MTM because of how different it sounded compared to previous works. I know a lot of people who stopped being fans of the band after that CD came out (although I love it), so if losing 25% of their fan base by changing their sound to something that isn't what helped them sell millions of records is selling out, then I find that incredible.

I'm not saying LP hasn't occasionally teetered close to 'selling out', but this collaboration and their latest album definitely is not selling out in the slightest. It's them branching out musically.

4. SecondCityKids

well i really hope they go back to the old sound ..i really dont like this new sound..."if it isnt broken then dont fix it" and their old sound wasnt bad..dnt know why they changed

5. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

They didn't want to be pigeon holed, every thought they were only good for nu-metal, they wanted to prove that that was not the case. I don't ever think the old sound will come back, maybe an enhanced mix of the old and the new to make a definitive sound for linkin park but they're never going back to HT or Meteora days. Which is both good and bad. More good. IMO

6. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I just want to be clear that I agree with this, and never meant to imply LP sold out.

7. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Great musicians find a way to re-invent themselves over and over.

8. SecondCityKids

well im hoping the continue to mess around with there sound until it gets a little faster..,and a little less soft singing..and a little more rapping

9. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What I would really love to see is LP performing this track live with Mike doing all of Busta's parts. That would be awesome.

10. Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

I still stand by my opinion that Busta doesn't belong in this song. His parts felt so bland to me. The only thing he did ok at was background noise. Overall it was actually good. If Mike sang Busta's parts and added some more flare to those parts as well, this song would have been brilliant. Chester's chorus parts and Mikes 1 verse were amazing.

11. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I didn't like this song. Chester part could be OK, and I liked Mike's piano part, but Busta's rap is really annoying to me.

12. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This is BUSTA RHYMES' song. How can you say he doesn't belong on a song that is going to be on his upcoming album? That's just stupid.

PEOPLE: It's Busta Rhymes featuring Linkin Park! Not the other way!

13. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

QFT.

14. kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Anyone else think this track would have been better if Rob laid some drums down on it. Never been a big fan of the synth beats

15. Josh_

Josh_ Active Member

Love the song. Good to hear something fresher then someone's pimps and ho's and shit. LP really does make the track what it is though.

16. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Great minds think alike.

17. Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

LP needs to make some collaborations with rock artists, i remember that Chaz was going to be featured in the korn koverz but it was never released, somebody has some info in that?

18. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Korn Kovers EP was never officially cancelled, however it's highly unlikely to ever come out. Even though Korn's contract with Sony ended with their Greatest Hits, Sony retained rights to all of Korn's creative output prior to the end of their contract, and since Kovers was started before they left Sony, there's probably no way they can feasibly release it. Jon Davis has said as recently as last July that they still intend on completing the album, but in reality it's just highly unlikely. Chester's vocals on the cover of Head Like a Hole are also rumored to have been taken out of the final mix of the song anyway, so even if it does come out sooner or later he may not be featured on it.

19. mellow

mellow Active Member

20. erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I post @ rap basement 'cos they know hip hop there.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.