What do your parents think about Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Taylor Hewitt, Sep 13, 2003.

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

My mom is like Who is Linkin Park? So, I had to explain to her who they are.

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

lol my mum says they are bareable compared to the rest of my music

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

My parents hate LP... That sucks... They both hate LP.... No matter what..
    But one good thing about my dad...When he sees a copy LP cd he calls me up and asks " I find this LP cd here, do u want it?" ..... Yes, that's nice..

Kenji_girl

Kenji_girl Well-Known Member

My parentshate them too.
    My mother - I'm listening to SIB and she says it's a very stupid song and she's pissed off by the melody... and she's always like "How could you listen to a crap like that" [ :angry: ] and I'm only listening to songs like Numb, SIb, In The End when she's around :argh: . I don't know what she'll say or do if she hears OSC, Crawling or Don't Stay (w00t) :teehee:
    My father can't stand Chester's screaming, but there was a time when my mother was very angry and nervous and she was like looking to fight someone, and my father wanted to bug her so he played "Don't Stay" very loud :D

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

My dad hates there music....my mom doesnt mind it though...last week she came home with a couple linkin park posters for me:)

Gaabjuh

Gaabjuh Ambient

My mother doesn't mind.. she even likes Linkin Park..

My dad, well, if I listen to Linkin Park.. he comes up stairs (to my room)and start saying to me, that that kind of music makes me unhappy and depressive and if I'm mad or something it's because I listen to Linkin Park.. the same thing if I'm agressive..

But it's gone worse, even if I listen to Coldplay, Dido, Evanescence or other bands, it's bad, it makes me depressive or something.. sometimes I just really dislike my father.. but my mother says that's love...

LiNkInPaRk_GiRl

LiNkInPaRk_GiRl Well-Known Member

My parents hate LP! They say that it's too much agressive. But i don't care!

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

My Dad hates them with a passion and my mum isn't too keen on them. My dad thinks they are 'wet' and are all puffs. How angry he makes me :angry:

*Field Of Innocence*

*Field Of Innocence* Back after 2 year abscence ^_^

My parents say that I'm so stupid because I like rock music and when I bought the meteora cd my mom heard it and said the she did'nt want me to hear that so now I just lock my room door and put the volume up and I told her that I didn't care. In other words she hates it.

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

OMG that is funny. I practicly laughed my ass off.

Casy

Casy Well-Known Member

My father don't like them,but his taste of music is very bad,so it proofs that mine is very good :D .
    But my mum likes them prettty much.If we're driving in our car and listen radio,she's able to recognize LP (but once she thought Eminem would be LP :wth: ) !She likes a lot of the music I listen to and sometimes it scars me...But at least she's not able to remember the name Evanescence ;) .

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

my mam quite likes them to tell you the truth, however my dad aint so keen! Nevermind, that means i can play theirs cds in the car when my mams there but not my dad! lol! :lol:

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

My parents don't care. Then again, I'm 21 and I can buy whatever I want. My Dad sometimes makes random comments out of the blue when I come out of my room and rush back in to turn off my winamp about how I listen to crap. But I don't care. I just laugh. I know he's picking on me. I've never had a problem with getting the music I want. I had my Grandmother get me Korn CD's for Christmas and if you think about it, Korn's music is worse than LP's since their songs are kind of graphic and involve quite a bit of cursing. The only time I think my Grandmother didn't like it was when my brother wanted a .. Metallica CD because she said it had too much swearing or something? I can't remember. It was back when my brother wasn't old enough to purchase CD's with explicit lyrics.