You Know You're Obsessed With Linkin Park When...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jawknee, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

bwaaahahaha i do a lot of the things listed on that site. of course the first step to breaking obsession is admission...but im admitting it not to stop the obsession but to continue it :p

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

...it's uh..not like I DID any of those things..hehehe..yah...that'd be stupid..*pft* :whistle:

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

#### that's a long list. I didn't even finish first page!

Yeah but I'm like half of those ^^

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

None of them at all. w00t. (Except for that 'you are reading this', but that doesn't count).

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

hahaha.. funny... its a very long list though.. o_O

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

finally I've read it all, I really feel like they are describing me. Yeah, I'm OBSESSED!!!! (w00t)

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Heres some that apply to me :

You almost got fired because your boss came by while you were writing a 15-page post at linkinpark.com (it was computer class and the LPA...but)

Your notebooks have more LP doodles than actual notes
    *raises hand* "Guilty"

You buy 3 Hybrid Theory CDs..
    :lol::lol::lol: Thats great... I DO have 3 copies of HT

You are a master of LP trivia
    Barky larky knows this too ;)

When someone says "Lincoln Park" you manage to control yourself and end up with just a big grin on your face
    (my dad lives near an apartment complexcalled "Lincoln Park plaza, my goal is to get a pic of it and post it here on the LPA)

You can type "Linkin Park" faster than you can your own name (hehehhe :teehee:)

You cannot seem to write the word "Lincoln" anymore so now we had a president named President Abraham Linkin
    (it's so true)

someone asks you what OTHER bands you listen to and you just stare at them blankly
    (I'm pretty one sided when it comes to music, LP and techno)

You cut out every ad and article and stick them up on your wall

When you are asked to relate LP to any random objects seen, you remarkably pull it off

Complete strangers refer to you as "that girl/guy who likes LP"(I'm the LP guru of my area)

Every time you go to a record store, you always look for the LP CD, even though you already have it

And I'm out of time...

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

I used to sing One Step Closer in the shower ^^.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I've done like 40 or 50 of those :mike: :chaz: :phoenix: :brad: :joe: :rob:
    I read it,and only got to the 3rd page...

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I'm sure I listened so much to Meteora that the CD is thinner than when I bought it :D .

I did a couple of those things :D . But the person who did that list is more than obsessed :lol: .

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

I can't see the list :(

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't say anything at school about lyrics in the songs, but i do write lyrics specifically for chester and mike and i do dream about them at school, i bring my guitar book and tap my thumbs on the desk if when people think its a royal pain in the ass. I tell all my friends new news about LP, etc.
    That site is ####### hilarious. I think i wore HT out, and yes i can type Linkin Park faster and more accurate than Glenm Durfy (Glenn Duffy) One more thing, i saw a girl with an LP shirt today and the first thing i ever said to her, was "awesome shirt" Sorry I'm writing so much

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I've done about 30 or 40 things on that list.i just had a dance at school and me and my friends got the dj to play osc and we all started screaming.one kid lost his voice screaming... :lol:

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

That is a very funny list!!!! I have done loads of those things on there :teehee: I'm scared by how much i have done on there actualy :eek:

relative.degree

relative.degree Well-Known Member

Ew, you know you're obsessed when you use ''' instead of "s. :(

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

true, i read the first page, found about 5 things, one is all true, that if one of my friends see's lp something or other, they think of me

LiNkInPaRk_GiRl

LiNkInPaRk_GiRl Well-Known Member

that's a funny list! i've done lots off things on that list! :D

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

You Know You're Obsessed with Linkin Park When...

24. you buy 3 Hybrid Theory CDs.. one to display one side of the booklet, one to display the other side, and one to keep in the case

Before I even saw this I told myself that when I was 18 or when I had my own job I would buy 3 of every album, including all the underground stuff and maybe even the fakes.
    One to listen to, one in case the one I listen to gets scratched or broken, and one as a keep safe to never come out of the case. ...maybe another in just in case. I told my best friend this while I was reading the list out loud, then I told her they would find my house full of LP stuff when I die. She just said that was too obsessed.

16. you wish you could shout one line of lyrics and then sing perfectly the next line of lyrics like Chester does.

I don't care if I'm a girl, I'm going to learn that vocal fry.

18. even your parrot knows the Hybrid Theory CD by heart

SICK! Now I want a parrot.

56. your parents tell you that you cant listen to LP anymore cuz your obsessed

They wouldn't inflict that sort of abuse....

[Qoute]
    'Okay. This crush on that old guy *Points at Chester* isn't healthy' - Mom
    'Obsession' - Sister
    'Yea, Obsession. Not Healthy.' - Mom

... I hope.

76. your teachers make references to LP (like, "if LP did this, then...") just to keep you paying attention

77. that's the only way you pay attention

Me: -_- zzzz....?
    Math Teacher: ...now if they wanted to set up the stage lights for a concert then LINKIN PARK WOULD HAVE WISHED THEY APPLIED THEMSELVES IN 8th GRADE MATH!

Me: -_-"

166. you start referring to them as "GOD" and you think the album booklet is your bible

No. From The Inside: Linkin Park's Meteora book.

173. when you are asked to relate LP to any random objects seen, you remarkably pull it off

I was reading the page on facebook that says you know your obsessed with linkin park when... and it said you can relate linkin park to anything, even a chili dog or a porta potty. So I told my friend I was also reading that out loud to that Mike Shinoda had to use one and the other band members rocked it back and forth and it fell over. Crap scented and covered, the other members sprayed him with lysol before they allowed him back onto the bus.

Parents telling you to get a job and you say, okay, an artist or musician?
    (too lazy to find that exact sentence on the page.)

I told my Dad I want to be a rockstar when I grow up, he said I would be a singer/guitar player and I would call my band (where I live) playground, and play with Linkin Park. Mom said that would be when they're in wheel chairs.

Things like the withdrawls I quilify for, but wallpapering my room and hating their girlfriends/wives is a bit much.

87. you know CDs are tough, but you wonder if you may be wearing out your LP CD from playing it every minute of the day

Wait a minute. Will it wear out a CD?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I know you are new, and welcome to the forums, but please refrain from posting in threads that haven't been active for 7 years. :)

*Thread closed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.