My december needs a video!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by frgt10_soldier, Sep 8, 2003.

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

I really had wished that linkin park made a video for my december. It is a fantastic song. What are your thoughts? do you think there should be a video.....?

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

you are soo right! Its an ace song but somehow I dont think a video is on the cards :wth:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

What? My December is 2-3 years old and it isn't even on a cd. Singles and videos are only released from CD's and EP's. My December is a b-side off of Hybrid Theory, just like High Voltage Remix. Videos are released to create hype surrounding an album, not just because the think a non-album song is good enough for a video. It makes no sense.

Anyways, it's a very un-linkin park-ish song, and record companies tend to stay away from change because it might hurt the reputation of the band.

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

I wouldnt think it would ruin the bands reputation becuase it is still linkin park....i belive that the fans would still appreciate linkin park....but i guess thats the world now a days...

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Hey, special release as a Christmas song :D , that'd be cool :rolleyes: . Send me a camera and I'll make a video, we've got enough snow here in December we don't need to fake ;) .

But seriously my idea for a special christmas release still stands :D .

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Hahahahahahaha... Linkin Park presents Christmas carols.. Ahahaha...

I have to disagree with you. Music videos aren't made just for the fans. Music videos are made for the music business all around. You have to think of music videos as a visual version of what they'd play on the radio.

Now let's say you get into LP because of My December. So let's take a look at the things wrong with this situation.... First off, what would they caption as the album the song came from? One Step Closer U.K. Single? LPU 2.0 Album? Exactly--It's not a song off an album that was released to the public (meaning anyone and everyone). So let's say they leave it out. You go to the record store and you look at all the LP albums. But wait--Oh no! What's this? There is no "My December" on Hybrid Theory, Meteora or Reanimation (the remix doesn't count)! Sooooo... Let's say you download it. But what's this? Oh no, once again! The song is completely different from what the band actually plays! ...And you trash it all.

So in conclusion I have to disagree with you. Technically only fans hear B-side tracks meaning that it didn't go well with the album which means that... yes, they're not fitting for the album. Now if you've followed me this far you'd realize... In all greatness that My December has, it will never, and I repeat, NEVER become a video. Why? Reading this post over and over again will then hopefully make you realize my point :).

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

I must agree with Keaton.
    But it will be nice to see a video for this great song!!!!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Keaton
    No, way. It'd be Linkin Park: Christmas Songs to Mosh By. :lol:

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I knew this idea was stupid :rolleyes: . When I talk, I tell 50% stupidities and 50% intelligent things. And it's up to you to determine what's what :D .

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

i like my december.. :)

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Videos are also a way for the band to make what they think the song means visualised ;)

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Are you tired of saying your favorite Christmas song was a wussy one? Well, now you don't have to. Now you can get together will all your friends and MOSH, yes MOSH, on Christmas, to Linkin Park's Christmas Carols to Mosh By. GET IT TODAY!

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't care that it's not on an official album and i don't think it matters.
    What LP wants to visualize through there songs for video,s they can do so. Hell they might've put one for a song on the EP er somethin. Yeah that would be cool to release my december.

I was looking on grokster and i downloaded a video for my december and it was about a relationship between a man and a woman. It was stupid, it just showed them doing certain things and had nothing to do with LP but had the music behind it.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

You might not care but you're not the public. You're a fan (I hope). The fans would love to see a video for every song, but that wouldn't be right. Like I mentioned. Videos are not only made for the fans, they're made for the p-u-b-l-i-c. Imagine if you see every song a band made on MTV or Fuse, or whatever. Wouldn't it get a little tiresome? I mean, what's the point of buying an album when it'd be on T.V.? Not only that... Like I said. Would you like it if you found this new band and the song they used for the video was a demo and you find out the rest of the album is nothing like it? Exactly--waste of money and effort. B-Sides are songs that usually only fans listen to. They're songs that go on their own and don't really follow an album.

zinha

zinha Banned

I love 'My December' LP should be make a vid for this song in a ... december special single :p ^_^

ReanimatedDJ

ReanimatedDJ Banned

they should that song is really melow and its tight, i heard that My December is a copy of one of Phil Collins songs is that true

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

true true^^^^ ^_^

enter

enter Banned

don't believe keaton he's a jerk this is just a thought of this people here in this forum give some body their idea shut up keaton you jerk you should be banned like that slut jawknee :chaz:

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

don't believe keaton he's a jerk this is just a thought of this people here in this forum give some body their idea shut up keaton you jerk you should be banned like that slut jawknee :chaz: [/b][/quote]
    I got that feeling you will be banned/warned.

:D

Bryan

Bryan Guest

don't believe keaton he's a jerk this is just a thought of this people here in this forum give some body their idea shut up keaton you jerk you should be banned like that slut jawknee :chaz: [/b][/quote]
    :rolleyes:

You're warned for flaming staff. Please don't do it again.

-Bryan