Confirmed: One Step Closer in Rock Band 2

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Harmonix has released the soundtrack to their hotly anticipated Rock Band 2 video game and Linkin Park will be making an appearance. The 80-song soundtrack will include the band's first ever single, "One Step Closer".

This is the second time a Linkin Park song will be making an appearance in a music video game, after "No More Sorrow" was released as downloadable content for Guitar Hero III. It is, however, the first time an LP song will be featured on the initial soundtrack.

Rock Band 2 will see its release for the Xbox 360 in September, with the PS2, PS3, and Nintendo Wii receiving the game sometime afterwards in 2008. For the full soundtrack, click below.

Source: Rock Band Announcement

Also remember that LP are slated to appear in Guitar Hero World Tour, set to release October 27th across all platforms. The song is not yet known.

Thanks to Zenigame96 and Chris(tmas)!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I still think "One Step Closer" is a horrible choice.

Mark

Is it ever.

Will

Now had they chosen "A Place for My Head" instead, my opinion would be completely different. :lol:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I agree, A Place for My Head would have been an excellent choice. Lest hope Guitar Hero doesn't drop the ball on their game and picks a good song. Something like Bleed it Out or even Papercut would be fun as hell to play. Still though, it's cool to see LP get a spot on the game. One Step Closer isn't horrible, I just can't wait to see the people play in on YouTube and make themselves look like idiots.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It makes sense. it's one of the more guitar/drums/singing-driven of their more well known songs.

Will

I think my main gripe is the fact no one's going to be able to do the vocals. :lol:

Mark

Dean

you can just shout or hum or make random noise, right? it's not far from saying they shouldn't include faith no more or soundgarden songs because not many people can sing like mike patton or chris cornell. there'll probably be ways around it.

there are better lp songs they could have chosen but i don't really mind. e-pro, son.

PhilbyLink

PhilbyLink Active Member

Will

That's true. But the fact you've got to scream them during the bridge... :lol:

Dean

That's what I was referring to..,

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It's cuz of the rapping, probably. They wouldn't wanna let the vocalists wait while Mike does his rapping and they wouldn't be able to incorporate the rapping into it so they picked a song which had a notable guitar part and no rapping.

Zenigame96

Zenigame96 Active Member

Wee!

Yay! I helped the community a bit! I actually became aware of this yesterday morning but I didn't think to check and see if it got posted on the LPA, so I'm glad I checked. :)

In my opinion, there are definitely better songs that they could have chosen, but being the Music Game obsessionist that I am, I can say that Harmonix will be able to make a good chart out of it, it'll be something that will be fun to play, but not too hard.

At least it's better than No More Sorrow (love the song, hate the guitar hero chart.)

As for the vocals, nobody can sound like chester, that's a given, but that's ok. It'll still be fun for fanboys (like me) to sing along with it. :p

And btw, they could totally incorporate Mike's rapping into the game, it would just be difficult for parts that feature both vocalists... but they could do it. I dunno, I'm still waiting to see which song Guitar Hero: World Tour picks, even though Rock Band is way better (in my opinion.)

Last, as for those of you who said they should pick A Place For My Head. I whole-heartedly agree. That's one of (if not the top) my favorite songs. And the Guitar would be so kick butt. K I'll quit ranting now. :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The singing thing in Rock Band isn't very picky. You don't have to know any of the words, it just operates on pitches (it's the same singing system used in Karaoke Revolution), meaning you can sing it an octave lower too. The screaming parts will pretty much just be one pitch.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Will

Ahhh. I see. I'd never played through a song as a vocalist and I'd never played through a song that had aggressive vocals. I guess that makes sense then.

PhilbyLink

PhilbyLink Active Member

Not for this track, though.
    The most likely way you will have to sing the song would be "Everything you say to me---------------------(spoken) And I'm about to break!"

Do you think that, in Expert or Hard, the screaming could be turned into tones for more difficulty?

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

and why would "a place for my head" be a better choice? i see much more screaming there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.