New Shows in China, New Album Next Year?

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Linkin Park will be playing two shows in China in October: October 12th at the Shanghai Stadium, and October 19th at the Beijing Workers Stadium.

Source: www.linkinpark.com

In other news, Mike Shinoda recently stated in an interview that Linkin Park is already writing material for their follow-up to Minutes to Midnight, and has been recording demos during off-days from touring. He goes on to state that a new album sometime in 2009 is a possibility. Obviously it's still incredibly early to predict what will happen, but this could potentially be exciting news.

Thanks Luke/Hellflame for the news!

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This will be interesting. Wonder what's gonna happen.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I would guess late '09 would be the earliest realistic point, because I know Chester still intends on putting out the DBS album early next year, barring any holdups by the label.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's going to be an '10 record. I highly doubt they'll manage to put it up in '09.

If they put it up in '09, I don't think it's going to be a good record.

And to be honest, Linkin Park's next album really has to be good. I'm really starting to lose my interest.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

Ya I see this as a Late '09...........BUT WAIT then they change the date to a Summer of '10 album.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

If their next album doesn't deliver, I probably won't bother with them anymore.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, there's the third album that they said would come out in the middle of 2006 ... :lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

So that's a new album in 2011 then. :p

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

very sad to say and think about, but ditto. :(

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Sums up my feelings as well

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

new album in 2012 and yes, if they don't make a good cd then i'm done with them.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Definitely a make-or-break album for me. Thier old stuff, while awesome, is seriously wearing out now and MTM doesn't have much replay value. I'd still stick around here regardless of whether I'm a fan or not though. :lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

So first Meteora is too similar to Hybrid Theory and now Minutes To Midnight is too different. Wow, it's almost as if LP don't give a shit about their fans whatsoever.

In all honesty I think you guys need to be a little more appreciative of the fact that LP try their best to give their fans what they want. Hell, some guy on the LPU message boards set up a fucking petition to get APFMH played again live and they actually delivered. That's just one of the thousands of things they do for their fans. Saying shit like ''the next album will be make or break for me'' is a hugely negative and ungrateful thing to say in my opinion.

Also 2010? 2012? They're working on it now. How do you think die hard Guns 'N' Roses fans feel? Just be patient for fuck sake. If it's rushed then people are gonna start bitching about how it sounds rushed. Maybe everyone should cool being all critical about the band. Looking at some of the comments (and overall feel to the site nowadays in my opinion) you'd never think this was a Linkin Park fansite.

By the way I'd like to point out that I don't mean to have a go at people but my point is that you've gotta emphasise with a band like LP who are constantly trying to please their fans. It's impossible to please everyone (especially with a money-grabbing, life absorbing label such as Warner wrapped around your throat) but they do actually try...at least I think so. This is a touchy thing for me because LP are my favourite band and I'm always like an excited 10 year old kid on christmas when I hear about new LP material. I guess I just appreciate things like this more than most because music is my utmost passion in life.

chasing suns

chasing suns Member

Took the words right out of my mouth. Maybe production by Brian McTernan this time around would be nice. More "No Roads Left" style songs would be cool or songs with Mike singing and Chester screaming.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I truly appreciate all of the effort they've into thier music and in trying to please thier fans. And even if the next album isn't great, I'll still appreciate them for trying thier best and putting effort into it.

However, at the core of it all, I want good music. When people listen to music, I assume that like me, it's something they like and can enjoy. I want to be able to enjoy this band's music again and I hope that they release material that I enjoyed as much as HT and Meteora. I don't see how it's negative because when you put your support into a band for so many years, you want to be able to get something in return which is why I hope the next album will deliver.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Everyone said the last album was make or break. Now this one is make or break? So is the one after going to be make or break too? :lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't know if I remember too many people saying that, just that they needed to at least break the cycle of releasing similar music over and over. With MTM they at least had that as an excuse... that's not to say it was a bad album though.

That's what I had to say about their next album in another thread; not many bands have the capacity to make an album of songs that are totally different while still keeping it cohesive. It's all very well to experiment but I don't think they can afford to carry on dallying around making albums with a couple of songs that sound like this and a couple of songs that sound like that. At the same time, if they go back to Meteora I probably will lose all respect for them.

I've always thought of their albums thus far, Hybrid Theory/Meteora and Minutes To Midnight, as being like the first two films of a trilogy. The third instalment is where it all hopefully comes together.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Frankly, I never expected to be disappointed by any of LP's releases and I never was, so I have absolute unwavering faith in the band. :) I've never been one of those people teetering on the edge of losing interest in LP.

Isthil

Isthil Member

Same here
    When One Step Closer first came out and everyone was blown away, who thought that Linkin Park was a Rap-Metal band? I didn't. I think that the band as a whole is more comfortable with this style. Though it is nice to hear Mike rap again every once in a while i like hearing Chester on main vocals while mike plays guitar. The thing I think that would really make this album deliver is if Mike did rhythm and Brad played lead or vice versa. now that would truly be a new step for them and it would lead to an interesting album.

Radish

Radish Guest

Amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.