New Shows in China, New Album Next Year?

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

While I do think people should be free to give their opinions, I often get the impression from a lot of the members here that they are almost proud to show that they are on an LP fansite but no longer love LP. That's something I find a bit silly.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I actually loved m2m and hope they go more that route but add a bit of the HT elements. I don't want nu metal at all though. I want songs like in pieces and No roads left, and valentines day. I want variety

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

:lol: @ this thread.

You people crack me up, everyone said MTM was gonna be make or break, and now the next album will be as well? Really people, come up with some new thoughts instead of reusing exactly what you were saying before MTM came out.

I agree with everything Luke said, as well as esaul's comment about how it's silly to show off how you don't like LP anymore.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Someone find a post from the build up to MTM where I actually said anything about it being make or break then, because I definitely don't remember making any. I think I covered it pretty well in my last post, but as usual I doubt anyone bothered with what I have to say.

Harlz

Neither me or Luke were saying you said anything of the sort, you obviously haven't in this thread.

But you have to admit plenty of people said it last time round.

And for the people who wanted a change in sound, half of them are now asking for the band to play 'nu-metal' again.
    They're never gonna please everyone, because everyone can't decide what they want.

Dean

Yeah. Some people just seem to get set in the way of finding something to complain about in everything a musician does.

Sorry about my last post anyway.

Harlz

Yeah exactly, that's what gets on my nerves. Especially with a band like LP, that do genuinely seem to care about their fans, I hate seeing fans treat them that way.
    Not that I'm saying you have to like everything they put out of course.

No worries Dean, mine was worse I guess :lol:

Radish

Radish Guest

Yeah, thats absolutely true; both of those.

I'm excited about the new material. I think they'll be taking the same direction they took for Minutes to Midnight in the way that they will do something completely different, except now I think they've made themselves known as a more sort of softer band, and I don't think they'll be making any heavy songs for the new album, or maybe just one, and the rest just all new sort of stuff.

In the past few years they've become much more experimental with instruments I think.

Harlz

You know, China is near Australia... :lol:

vampirekittenLP

vampirekittenLP Well-Known Member

exciting news indeed. :D

Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

This does sound like exciting news! I would definetly love to see a new album from them. I am hoping for something completely different but I would like to see this one be more of a heavier/energetic album this time around.

As for MTM, I for the most part liked that album. Sure there were a few songs I didn't care for but overall I thought it was a great album. Slow definetly isn't my style but in this case I did like it.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I love how fans of a band always immediately love an album, then say it's shit months later (see: Nine Inch Nail's "With Teeth").

I actually like both Meteora and Minutes to Midnight. I think they tried some great stuff on both albums. Can't wait to see what's next.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

amen. I'm very excited for the next CD. I'd rather them get to it sooner than later like they are doing right now. They are still kind of fresh from the "new sound" and have enough feedback from the fans to focus on that and fine-tune the next album. I honestly will call it now, that the next cd WILL be the best they have produced thus far. book it!

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

hope they'll get back to their old style :)
    at least ... half of it lol

man i really can wait for their next album
    PLEASE LET US HEAR THE DEMOS lol :lol:

Dean

I don't see what's wrong with people changing their opinions over time, as long as they aren't being fickle.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Sure, say you matured and just don't like that style of music... but don't lie about it. You either liked it and your tastes changed, or you liked it because of the artist's name. Just admit you liked it because of the artist's name.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

In response to Luke's claim that it's extremely negative and ungrateful to say that Linkin Park's next album is a "make or break" album:

I know your post wasn't directed toward me, but you've got to understand that I've had a waning interest in the alternative rock and nu metal genres for a long time. All I meant was that I'm not going to bother keeping up with Linkin Park as often as I do if I don't enjoy their next album. I enjoyed Hybrid Theory and Meteora and I didn't enjoy most songs off Minutes to Midnight, so if I don't enjoy their next album, I'm just not going to keep up with them anymore. That's what I meant. I'd probably still check out any albums they made after, but not with a vigor or intent or anything like that, I guess.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

1. People who say they're gonna leave the band if it's a "bad record like Minutes to Midnight" are going to care for their stuff anyway. No you are not going to loose your interest and stop playing tough.

2. The same people are probably going to hate this record. I'm sure their writing off the same creativity from M2M this time around, so don't get your hopes to high. Never learned to control those goddamn expectations eh?

3. Is it cool to hate the band here? That's very sad. That happens on every forum I've been to. As soon as "noobs" start popping up it's not cool to think the same as them with your big postcounts and cool join dates.

Get a grib.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
    My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I urbandictionaried that, and it came up with "a slang term for marijuana".
    xD

Anyways, I seriously agree with Luke. I think we should all calm down a bit and let the guys do what they feel like, instead of being forced by fans to stick to certain sounds.

'Numb' was the first track I heard from Linkin Park, and that was right after Collision Course when they went on their little break. Noone has an idea how excited I was last year to see my favorite band releasing new recordings. And I'll admit. It took a few listens here and there, but I really grew into it. This is basically my favorite record they've released.

We all have different tastes in music, and of course they'll change here and there. But then again, we've always been assured that the guys are always doing their best to make the fans happy, though they wont get all of us happy. I give them a lot of respect for that, and I'm looking forward to their new album, whatever direction it's taking.

Monsterblood

Monsterblood New Member

I think you guys should be more grateful. LP can't please everyone, they work hard. Minutes To Midnight doesn't suck either, it's a great album and far more mature than the previous ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.