fate.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nikki, Sep 18, 2003.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

We've all heard things in everyday life, from lines to plays such as the famous "Star-crossed lovers" line...to everyday horoscopes.

Are our lives really lead by superstitions and greater powers? Is free-will just an illusion? Anyone actually follow horoscopes and avoids walking underneath that precarious-looking ladder? Or just walk right past it like it's just a bizarre door..

Myself? I read horoscopes purely out of boredom on a morning while I'm on my way to college. I laugh at how silly some things can be - but then get slightly edgy when some of these happens. I don't like believing in co-incidences, but sometimes I have to :blink:

So then my friends...Discuss ^_^

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

yeah i believe in fate, eg, i belive that for example, if i was going to be hitting someone, but i decided not to, just to put fate wrong, i belive my fate was NOT to hit the person, so whatever you do, its your fate

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I read my horoscope evry day in the hope that something in them might actually happen. It never does but it is fun to see what these people think is going to happen to you. I do belive in fate as well :p

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

Yep, I believe in fate...........I actually believe that it was fate that LP came 2 times to Prague and made there the videos...(I live in Prague)... ;)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Yes I do. I belive that my life is already written. But I also belive that if you try really hard, you can change your fate. If you couldn't, what would be your goal in your life?

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

You do realize that people who write horoscopes use vague enough terms so that you can apply it to about anything, right? They mean nothing. I do believe that the stars do influence some part of us, but I don't believe in horoscopes.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

nope, it's all superstition. It was telling i would be rich and stuff, nothing happened. Or that i will have to watch out with traffic. Nothing happened

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I think horoscopes are just mind sets...if you get what I mean. Most probably wont. Its hard to explain...

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

I don't think horoscopes are in any way true. If they really do happen, it is most likely a coincedence.

Carlinha

Carlinha Well-Known Member

i dont belive in fate

Alex

Alex Ambient

I believe you make your own fate.

I also believe that you can do anything you set your mind to, its not hard, ive done it!

Life is what you make it

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

i also think thats true but with the experiences i've had, fate has told me its not worth it but gives me a better option. er ya, me make no sense. :p

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

i guess there is fate....i dont have no reason to believe there isnt fate...

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I don't believe in any of that.

My belief is that every move we make, we do on our own, it's our decision. The fact that I'm typing this is my decision, not the decision of a bible, god, horoscope, stars, ect.

Thats why I personally don't believe in religion because a lot of them, if not all tell you how to live your life and what to do (bible, ect). It should be your decision, not a book's.

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

I believe in destiny, love at first sight and soul mates. Other than that, I just read my horoscope for fun. I love that stuff, but that doesn't mean I believe in it. Although my star sign (Taurus) sounds a lot like me.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

in my agenda is a 'sexhoroscope' :wth: it says what's your favourite postition is :lol: