The Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Jawknee, Aug 22, 2003.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hey guys, anyone in here actually stay until the very end of "The Matrix Reloaded" movie to catch "The Matrix Revolutions" trailer? Aaawww, you missed it?! Well, that's okay, because it's now officially released from Warner Bros. and up for download.

FilePlanet.com has it:

Click

The trailer looks a bit different and the part where Smith and Neo are talking in the rain was re-done, I can tell you that.

This movie looks promising! :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thank you for making this thread!

Let me first state that this thread is to have NO SPOILERS. I don't want to ruin the movie, and I'm sure no one else does. If you want to spoil, do it on your terms, don't ruin it for others.

This trailer shows something that Reloaded didn't have: Gun fights! The lobby shoutout scene in the first Matrix is quite possibly the best fight cene/action sequence I've ever seen. I'd like to see another.

The part where Neo and Smith were running at each other in the original trailer looked very promising, and I've yet to see this trailer, seeing that you said it was redone.

I'd like to go on a rant, i've been waiting to talk about it for awhile. Here it is:

Many fans of the first Matrix movie weren't very impressed with Reloaded, and I feel that they can't judge that movie until they see Revolutions and evaluate the series as a whole. Reloaded was the building blocks which build towards the huge climax, which is Revolutions. It's the calm before the storm, the silence before the boom. Many people were also confused by this movie, upon watching it 4 times I've been able to understand the 15 minute dialogue scenes better, and I've had a brand new appreciation for what the Wachowski Brothers are trying to portray. Reloaded requires you to play Enter The Matrix and watch the Animatrix movies to completely understand the whole storyline. For instance, remember a part where the scene flashed to a ship which was attacked and both guys killed? Blood splattered all over the screen if it helps you remember. You understand what happened upon playing the game and watching the animatrix. Do not evaluate Reloaded unless you've 1) Seen the first movie, 2) Seen Revolutions in November, 3) Played Enter The Matrix and 4) Watched the Animatrix. You'll come out with a biased opinion. I'm sorry if that was incoherent.

Im can't wait for Revolutions. I can't see it dissapointing me.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Mark, that was by-far the best paragraph on the Matrix I've ever read.

Everyone, please take the time to read what he said, because I couldn't have said it better.

Reloaded and Revolutions was filmed as ONE whole movie but was split in half because of the length. Not only that, the directors had to make a game and a animated DVD so that you can fully understand what's going on. Without Enter the Matrix and Animatrix, you'll probably think Reloaded wasn't so great.

I'm so into this Matrix stuff so I played and beat the game, bought the Animatrix DVD, and so yeah...I love it!

Mark

Exactly, the movies would be 5-6 hours long if they branched out and explained everything. Doing it this way is creative and more fun for the die-hard fan.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

so this is the international trailer, kool!
    The Matrix Revolutions Theatrical Trailer will be released September 12 during Matchstick Men. ;)

Mark

I don't really know much about Matchstick Men but I'm going to have to go see it now.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

check out the trailer, the movie looks decent.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

EX-ACT-LY!!!

Damn, thank you so much.

Seriously, none of you guys would like to sit through a 6 hour movie, so they split it up into an animated DVD, a game, and 2 more movies. :D

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

sorry for bumping an old topic but the revolutions trailer is out. might i add it seems as thought this will be the best of the three. ;)

Official Trailer

argh, now its called the theatrical trailer. wtf. :mellow:

ReanimatedDJ

ReanimatedDJ Banned

Reloaded wasnt that much i liked the fight scenes and all but it was pretty stupid but i know that revolutions will be better thats wat it looks like

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd edit that post if i were you ;)

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

you can remove the link if you want to Mark. :)

Mark

Meh, shouldn't be a problem. You put a link, so people can decide to spoil it or not. But when people post articles featuring spoilers where people have to sheild their eyes in order not to spoil it, that's what would be deleted.

Also, if you're putting up a link to spoilers, make sure you put a warning up. *points to edit in Hybrid Soldiers post*.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

this movie is gonna rule!!!

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

Ander

for the lazy ones.
    edit: they stretch the tables, we know how bad that is.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

*drools over the posters and the trailer* oh this movie is going to be sick!

Ander

i read the spoiler. you'll walk out the theatre with a smile. i know what happens, and i still will.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

ahhh!!!! dont say anything!! even if you didnt spoil it...dont say sh*t like that!

Not being a pr*ck on you, but I want to be surprised