We Care What You Think

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Derek, Sep 3, 2003.

Steph

Steph Ambient

Okay well I gues this would be the place to say all of this.

I think that the Moderators and Administrators (some not all, no names mentioned) do tend to think that they are better than some of us regular members. Plus I feel that sometimes they don't always welcome "newbies" to Linkin Park, with open arms. i.e. they don't know certain things or they don't have a huge "LP inventory". Sometimes I think that they go a little too far with the power that they have. As for the "teenie" "problem" sure some people thing that the band members are hot :whistle: but to be so quick to ban them isn't going to make more people want to come to LPA. Like warnings and stuff would be right, and then if they do it again to spite LPA....then ban them. Or maybe cut some slack y'know.

In writing this I hope that none of your opinions of me change, and I hope it helps , in posting my thoughts.

Steph

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

I think there should be an official newbie thread/forum. Sometimes the newbie introduces him/herself but most of them don't -- like just have a topic or something where they can fill out a few short questions so we can get to know them (name, age, interests or w/e), and in the formum/topic there would be the rules, first thing that they see.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Technically, Newbies can post in the "Quick Links" forum found in the Chit-Chat forum. It's mostly used for birthdays and stuff, but if you read the discription, it says "Introductions and Birthdays" or something like that.

» "Quick Links" Thread

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I can see many people disagree with our handling (some admin) of teenies. So that'll definately go under review. Warnings seem alright, as long as they don't do it again.

As for some staff thinking they're better than others, I certainly hope I don't come off that way. You're all my equals, except I have some extra powers. If I've came off as egotistical and cocky over other members, sorry. I wasn't trying to be.

And of course our opinion of you won't change. What you're saying is helping to make this place better, a place where you feel better to visit. We'd do anything to enhance your visit here, constructive criticism or not. Thank you!

And yes Alexis, we have a newbie thread, it just seems to be ignored alot. :lol:. If we give them a designated forums then we'll be spreading the forums thinner than ever. Thanks.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Elie, are you angry Jawknee was banned because if you are, then I'm sorry. Many people don't know that we let him back on 1-Strike Policy. That soon became extended to at least 10 strikes.

We did receive several complaints about Jawknee's behavior from various members, but instead of warning,we approached him several times about the way he was acting and hoped that our small talks with him would fix the problem. They didn't. Whether its the way he was or not, he sometimes responded a little rudely to some members who didn't deserve that sort of treatment. We had to bite our lip several times when we should've really done our job and warned him on the spot. After he publicy insulted Mark and Will we decided there's no way we can hold back anymore and we decided to give him his second warning.

This set something off in him which made him decide to quit our site because he knew the 'first time he slipped up' he was going to be gone. That was in no way true, we passed on several opportunities to warn him for the sake of being friendly, so why would we be anymore 'trigger-happy' then we were before? There's many members with two warnings on this site, but it doesn't mean we're breathing down their necks waiting for them to screw up.

Yes I did make this thread because a few people called us too strict but as for Radical Dreamer's comment that we are "lax compared to the LPMB" I don't think thats anywhere near true, and I'm sorry. We aren't anywhere near as trigger-happy as the mods over there and we don't let teeny boppers run wild.

We'll try to be more polite to everyone in the future, but don't hold a banning against us when we infact gave Jawknee well over 10 chances when we should've done our job and warned him each time he belittled a member as we did let him back after we banned him once, which is against our policies to the fullest.

I'm sorry to anyone we offended by banning Jawknee, but we gave him more then his fair share of chances to be more polite to some members. Especially staff. He seemed to have real problems with two staff members in particular, and it was all out of spite. It was his fault he got warned but he didn't want to admit it so he launched a vendetta against them.

Jawknee's my best friend, and trust me..it was weird to get rid of him, but he also seems to be the source for a lot of stress on these forums and I already feel the site is more peaceful without him here. I'm sorry. [/b][/quote]
    I'm back, just to make a point about myself and a friendship. Yeah, I am angry that Jonny is gone, and i'll defend him cause friendships last longer than petty forum arguments.

I ain't gonna BS, cause I don't like to kiss anyone's rear, it's not my style. I either like you or I don't. The people I don't like, know that I don't like them, and they can have this smilie: :rasberry:

The people I respect, can have this smilie ;)

Beyond the point, the stuff on Jonny's blog, can infact, be arguable by me. I don't really want to state that everything he said their is something I agree with, but what other form of expression was given to him? How else could he possibly get his message sent across?

Plus, although EVERYTHING on his blog doesn't reflect what I think of this place, I can surely debate atleast 50% of what he said though...ATLEAST. We've both grown up through this, and have moved on. Forums are a community place, where people come to share a common interest. But the staff here became somewhat buddy-buddy with Jonny, in a way were they found enjoyment in bashing of newbies and other members, just like a Senior in highschool would enjoy tormenting a Freshmen. But then, you guys became so intertwined, you stepped back and noticed that you were doing something wrong as Staff, and so was Jonny. You as staff, can't be punished for what you did, you can only move on and learn. But Jonny, not having your same advantage, can only be warned, then banned. Can it not be argued that some people here influenced Jonny's behavior? "Watch your relationships, or learn to take better care of them," is a big suggestion I can make to staff.

Also, Jonny doesn't send me here for anyone's information. I send myself here. Jonny doesn't "admit" to mistakes? Pfft. That's something alot of us have a problem with, and some of those people aren't getting banned as Jonny was...

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Wait a second....Jonny got banned?! :eek:

Mark

I'm back, just to make a point about myself and a friendship. Yeah, I am angry that Jonny is gone, and i'll defend him cause friendships last longer than petty forum arguments.

I ain't gonna BS, cause I don't like to kiss anyone's rear, it's not my style. I either like you or I don't. The people I don't like, know that I don't like them, and they can have this smilie: :rasberry:

The people I respect, can have this smilie ;)

Beyond the point, the stuff on Jonny's blog, can infact, be arguable by me. I don't really want to state that everything he said their is something I agree with, but what other form of expression was given to him? How else could he possibly get his message sent across?

Plus, although EVERYTHING on his blog doesn't reflect what I think of this place, I can surely debate atleast 50% of what he said though...ATLEAST. We've both grown up through this, and have moved on. Forums are a community place, where people come to share a common interest. But the staff here became somewhat buddy-buddy with Jonny, in a way were they found enjoyment in bashing of newbies and other members, just like a Senior in highschool would enjoy tormenting a Freshmen. But then, you guys became so intertwined, you stepped back and noticed that you were doing something wrong as Staff, and so was Jonny. You as staff, can't be punished for what you did, you can only move on and learn. But Jonny, not having your same advantage, can only be warned, then banned. Can it not be argued that some people here influenced Jonny's behavior? "Watch your relationships, or learn to take better care of them," is a big suggestion I can make to staff.

Also, Jonny doesn't send me here for anyone's information. I send myself here. Jonny doesn't "admit" to mistakes? Pfft. That's something alot of us have a problem with, and some of those people aren't getting banned as Jonny was... [/b][/quote]
    I can see you're upset with Jonny's banning, but he brought it on himself. I wasn't friends with Jawknee, I never talked to him once on AIM or MSN and I was definately one of the people who defended others who he'd bullied around. I never ganged up with him to pick on people, but you weren't specifically talking to me so I can't speak for the others. I'm confident the other staff members wouldn't do that either, and Jonny was banned over fighting and insulting staff, so he wasn't warned because we (staff/jawknee) had both done something wrong and he was used as the scapegoat.

He could've said his mind here on the forums but he decided to recruit people into his blog to badmouth us, which got him banned and can be called cowardly. I've been called cowardly for closing topics when I make a point, but fighting between members and staff should be abruptly ended instead of flying into a 3 page duel, so lets not get into that. :lol:.

Please guys, more suggestions, less anger. We're try to get tips on how to be better, not to fight over previous decisions.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Yeah, seriously guys, Mark is right. Just keep bringing up the suggestions, and try your best to not bring up past decisions in an angerful manner. Jawknee was banned for a reason, and he's gone. That's it. He obviously deserved it for the reasons given, and we need not worry about the situation anymore. He recruited people to his blog, got people to join in an obviously demeaning convo and that's really not cool. That's not what blogs should be used for. Very poor decision making...

Mark

Thanks for that. Unless you were being sarcastic. :lol:

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Sarcasm is not one of my strong suits. Jonny is gone, and that's obviously set in stone. Unless someone can give me a better definition of a blog, it's obviously not supposed to be used for discussing one's daily events. His punishment was well-sought.

Mark

Yeah, blogs aren't meant to recruit people so they can spread around propaganda. Basically he was linking to a hate site in his signature. His banning was justified.

And yes, Josh, where've you been? :lol:

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

:wth:

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Crap, I went to my top vacation spot - a rock under the sea. Anyway, im kinda suprised he got banned, but not. And dubya tee eff Elie, a blog is for posting your daily events, lol. My thoughts on the LPA:

I think the LPA is run in a fair manner, and the only things I really notice is the distance between the staff and members....lately ive seen it improve, but there is a gap there that could be filled. As for the issue for power hungry staff, I agree on some fronts. But think about it, if you have the power, and arent doing anything really unfair to everyone, it isnt that bad. I'd have to say the biggest problem withy this place....it gets really god awful boring sometimes, which is why I dont post here a whole lot. I'm not asking you guys to throw a parade for us, but spice it up a little bit. Do something, because at points i'd rather tweeze my eyebrows, (well, maybe not :lol: ) then post something. Maybe its the lack of LP news, or something else. Otherwise, keep up the good work. ^_^

elie

elie Well-Known Member

:whistle:

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

I hate propoganda. Damn Communists.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Oh and there's something I wanted to say and totally forgot about it, so sorry to move this topic up as it is old, but here's a suggestion...

Flaming staff and members should be the same. Flaming a member deserves a warning as much as someone who flames an admin does (in my opinion) .

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

We take care of that.

At least I thought we did. :mellow:

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Harum. :(

ReanimatedDJ

ReanimatedDJ Banned

hahahahahaha harum, u reminded me of tawfik

Bryan

Bryan Guest

It is treated the same. Any flaming results in a warning, whether it be flaming a member of staff or a member.