InnerPartyTracklisting

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Sep 4, 2008.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i have to agree with you entirely. its a great album.. far and away the best of the year for me

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Fantastic, fantastic album, and I only started listening to this band yesterday.

The beginning to "Last Night In Brooklyn" reminds me of the beat in Justin Timberlake's "My Love". Hahaha.

JJ

i thought i'd heard that before :lol:

who would have thought it.. InnerPartySystem and Justin Timberlake sounding alike? haha :lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Welcome to the dark side. :lol:

I only downloaded this album yesterday and I've listened to it about 20 times already. :lol:

Maxq33

Maxq33 Member

Album's great isn't it...
    Home is the same as Soundscape, right?
    Cos I have the promo version which I got about 3 weeks ago and track 12 is listed as Soundscape not Home... basically it's silent til the last minute then you hear a door creaking...

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

very moody album, a bit too electro-influenced for me, but i still like it :)

JJ

im listening to it now.. and im chuffed to bits.. its all of what i thought it would be and more! well dont ISP :) cant wait to see them in a small venue.. you cant get much bigger than the bowl at Milton Keyens :lol:

Luke

My thoughts exactly. I'm so glad I discovered this band. Can't wait to see them and meet them on the 7th. Should be fantastic.

Am I the only one who thinks 'Structure' is simply fucking amazing?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

This band seems kind of like Mute Math to me. Not in sound at all but the fact that they are an amazingly talented band with a brilliant debut that will probably get overlooked besides the single or two they put out. Hopefully that isnt the case.

JJ

best way to describe these ever.

you're spot on there.. and yeh Luke Structure is great! i really like This Town, Tour Grave as well. hell i love the whole album :lol:

Luke

Yeah there are so many amazing bands out there who don't get any recognition at all. To be fair though I think they're slowly but surely making a name for themselves, particularly over here in the UK.

There are only 2 aspects of the album I don't like: the fact that it's too short (there was certainly room for Redemption and The Way We Move in there) and Obsession just doesn't match up to the live performance at all. I remember first hearing it at PR and hearing all these live recordings...the album version sucks in comparison. Just watch and listen to this performance then listen to the album version: Obsession Live

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    Maxq33

Maxq33 Member

I totally agree, at MK Obsession sounded awesome, me and my friend read an interview and thought it was called Last Night in Brooklyn, so we were looking everywhere for Last Night in Brooklyn, didn't find it, but I did find Die Tonight and New Poetry (106 at the time), someone who managed to get the very very rare sampler (from the beggining of July) sent them to me, and I sent them to my friend, who leaked them everywhere lol. Anyway now that the album leaked it doesn't matter... I got my promo album from eBay a few weeks ago but I didn't leak it lol.

I think the reason Redemption isn't on the album is because it is just a B Side, they recorded it for the old fans of the band and if they put it on the album that would make 3 old songs on the album (Don't Stop, Heart of Fire and Niterider), whereas they wanted to release a NEW album with new songs, instead of releasing a Greatest Hits Re-recorded album.

Oh and Jared told me that they are working on bringing Night is Alive back :D which is great

Do you think that the Birmingham show will sell out cos I haven't got my tickets yet..?

Luke

Yeah I think Obsession was mistake for Last Night In Brooklyn by almost everyone who liked IPS lol. The weird thing is that there are all these old demo b-sides on youtube such as The Hook and The Cross etc. and I always thought 106 was one of them because it had been up there since before the MK bowl gig but it turned out to be New Poetry. I found the recordings of Die Tonight Live Forever and the real Last Night In Brooklyn just before I got the album sampler last week so someone must have leaked it indeed.

I'll ask the guys why Redemption and The Way We Move wern't on the album when I see them. Your theory is probably the right one but there's no harm in asking eh. It's so weird though because I'm talking about asking one of my favourite bands a few questions about one of the best albums this year. :lol:

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

no, you're not. it's probably my favourite song of this album. i listened to it almost the whole evening yesterday and it gave me such a great feeling and that's what counts in the first place.

edit: anyone has the lyrics to "what we will never know"??

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I've been listening to the album non-stop since two nights ago. Wow.

"This Town, Your Grave" is amazing. And "Don't Stop" is such an energetic song. I find it really has one of those "cool" moments when he says "I feed the rich, and f*** the poor".

I'm just going to remove "Home" from my iPod tonight since I find it's the only blemish. It's such an unnecessary addition.

Luke

Amen.

I really love the part in Die Tonight Live Forever where it goes ''we're all here 'cause we've lost control''...that's like my favourite part of this album lol.

My itunes playcount for structure is absurd though. I've listened to it 27 times on my itunes alone, I'd fear to think how many times I've listened to it on my ipod aswell. :lol:

Maxq33

Maxq33 Member

Yeah, see the IPS fan page on YouTube is really Accidentemergency and I sent her 106, Die Tonight, the Dont Stop Demo, The Hook and the Cross and Heart that Heals, I just didn't think she'd leak all of em like that lol

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I love the albums version of Don't Stop so much better than the original demo. It has so much more energy and epic-ness. The whole album is just amazing.

Luke

I think This Town Your Grave should have been the final track on the album. What We Will Never Know is a beautiful track but it's a bit too downbeat to finish off the album. I of course say this without taking into notice Home or Soundscape.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Fuck! Innerpartysystem is touring the US with Mindless Self Indulgence and they arent coming here.