Linkin Park To Record a Concept Album; Chester Talks Solo Project

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

This is either going to be really good, or a trainwreck.

I'm leaning towards a trainwreck.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

^^ Why do you say that? Im thinking that this could be great. I mean, MTM was, to me, uneven. There were some brilliant songs (Bleed It Out, In Pieces, Little Things), and there were some crap ones. However, it was a transition record, and the band seems to know what songs on that album show the most potential (didnt Chester say that they wanted to base the next one sort of around In Pieces?).

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Normally when enough people say that about something it just turns out to be okay, haha.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

There's already a thread about the Julien-K record in the 'Other Music' forum.

And Luke, keep it down will ya?

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I'd have to agree with you there. Those orginal styles were great while they lasted, but going back to it now AFTER "minutes to midnight" would be selling out. LP don't want to write music like that any more, and for lp to continue their musical growth, a concept album is just the ticket ^_^

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Concept album is really cool. I hope it's dark. Didn't mike say that one song is dark? If one is dark more dark songs are likely to follow.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

That's pretty much what i was thinking. Though unlike you i have a good feeling about this whole idea. It should be interesting and they can definitely pull it off.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Linkin Park are one of the few bands I always thought COULD do a concept album, and do it well actually.

You have a member of the band who is a good director and who wrote a movie script on his own (The Seed) and then you have at least 3 members in the band (Joe, Mike and Chester) who are extremely good artists and know how to paint/do art very well.

So the creativity is there, and through updated live versions of songs we've heard that the band is capable of doing far better stuff than we hear on record...so it's possible they can pull this off. They just need to stay focused and not hold anything back/rewrite 100 times to be mainstream. They just need to make what comes to mind.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

LP can do it...one of the very few bands that i know can do it...im lloking foward to any form of new music them no matter in what package it comes in...i just want mike to rap more

Sub

Sub Member

It was just in reply to the guy that said Julien-K's album was taking so long.

The One And Only....

The One And Only.... Well-Known Member

I AM SOOOO STOKED FOR THIS! I love conecept albums, they are amazing...i also think Chester has a very reasonable excuse for not coming out with the DBS cd. i also am wondering, maybe they got this idea from touring with Coheed? Because doesn't C&C make ALL their Cd's concepts b/c they are all like stories that have been written out and stuff? There is so much meaning behind all their stuff and alot of it sounds really good. I think LP could not only pull it off, but do it in such an amazing way it blows all of our minds. I acctually think they could do ALOT better than C&C :D

jonah

jonah Well-Known Member

I remember posting on the lpmb about how the band should do a concept album. That was in 2003 or 2004. Interesting how that idea was brought back, though after listening to minutes to midnight, my idea of "concept" for them has totally changed. That could be a good thing. lol.

The_Cool_Cow

I just realized, the band has at least 3 good singers with them, so they could clay different characters. That could be cool.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Nah, in my opinion I don't wan't them to pull of a musical. I hate those kind of songs. Yes, I do think the lyrics of songs like the Bohemian Rhapsody totally ruined a song with good potential.

But if all LP is talking about is keeping the songs under the same theme, it's a good idea, but if it's a story from one beginning to end I can imagine it getting really old and boring a week after release.

But I think it's a pretty cool idea, lets see.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
    Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Who was the third best after Mike and Chester? It was Brad, right?

The_Cool_Cow

Was Brad the one who sang at the end of Little Things? I thought that that was Pheonix?

Minus

I liked Phoenix better back when he rapped.

Roxas

Roxas Well-Known Member

Brad sung at the end of The Little Things? o_O

Minus

To channel Astat for a second:

In the studio version of the song, the end of TLTGYA is all Chester and Mike doing layered vocals. That's obviously impossible for a live show, so Phoenix takes one of the vocal parts. Mike starts off with the entrance of, "The little things give you away," and the goes on to sing "All you ever wanted was someone to truly look up to you." At that point, Phoenix takes over the "The little things..." line for the rest of the song.

The_Cool_Cow

Okay, so Phoenix. I'm not sure if he's a very good singer, but still he's there if they need him. In any case, I doubt that they would do the multi-character/vocalist thing, and in retrospect it would probably turn out badly. Still, I would like to see Phoenix sing some more on the next record, could be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.