Blame Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Casy

Casy Well-Known Member

This story is very silly and it's just rubbish/crap!
    I cut myself, too but LP's music helped me, to get out of that, so... :wth:

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

That happened to me

Ninnut85

Ninnut85 Well-Known Member

These sort of acts are usually (not always) cries for attention so maybe something is missing in her home life. She is just blaming lp as a way out.

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

Well, crap, totally crap. LP has never told people to cut themselves or do anything like this. Maybe their lyrics really sound like that, but it's their feeling only, so I think the parents can never blame the band like this, it's not LP fault, it's only the misunderstood of the adults only. :angry:

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

Initinally I meant the lyrics. I know how over powering 'Crawling' can be for me if I'm upset about something. Right now, considering current situations concerning my family, I could probably flood my house if I listened to it. Their music alone isn't exactly extremely heavy driven.

hidden soul

hidden soul Active Member

But did she specifically say "LP helped me do this"?

No, so therefore there is no actual evidance to support the claim that she even said LP did this.

LinkinEmz

LinkinEmz New Member

Damn thats bad. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I know. I feel sorry for the kids that were in the class with her, too. All she did was just stand up in the middle of class and take a razor blade to her wrists and neck... The kids must be traumatized.

LinkinEmz

LinkinEmz New Member

Coincidental how LP are blamed and her daughter says "these bands have an effect on youngsters". Maybe that includes LP. ;) [/b][/quote]
    It wasn't her daughter that said that, it was her mother.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It wasn't her daughter that said that, it was her mother. [/b][/quote]
    I don't know how her parent came to think of LP, then.

There's no evidence for either side, but there's a coincidence there. Let's just drop it. I know her parent said that, but where'd she come up with LP, out of all the bands? The child could be blaming music instead of herself and her parent could be crusading about it. Just a pointless debate where nobody is right.

And please don't double-post.

Jamie

Initinally I meant the lyrics. I know how over powering 'Crawling' can be for me if I'm upset about something. Right now, considering current situations concerning my family, I could probably flood my house if I listened to it. Their music alone isn't exactly extremely heavy driven. [/b][/quote]
    Oh right, I get you now

emmylpfan

emmylpfan New Member

I think she's so stupid to do that :angry: and she shouldn't blame LP to make her do that.She did herself not anybody force her.
    Music is just for entertaining.

Suicide is a stupid thing in the world.every problems can be solved so We just fight them...
    We're born to fight!!!! :angry:

Jamie

Yeah I know. I feel sorry for the kids that were in the class with her, too. All she did was just stand up in the middle of class and take a razor blade to her wrists and neck... The kids must be traumatized. [/b][/quote]
    her neck!!!!! My ####### god

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

It is a terrible tragedy that this girl killed herself but i really don't see how people can blame the music. As i have already said u need to be really f****d up to do something like that. In the middle of class?!? OMG how awful for everyone there.

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

IT IS NOT LINKIN PARK'S FAULT! She obviously had a hard time dealing with things.

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

people these days......i cant believe it. linkin park is getting blamed by a mother that thinks there music did that to her daughter....like cmon get real here people. Eminem talks about raping poeple and screwing and having intercourse with there own parents. Talks about taking drugs, shooting people....i can move on to marilyn manson.....slaughtering animals on stage.....burning bibles....anyways, thats besides the point. linkin park has never created lyrics that make people suicidal. THe girl must be very depressed and her parents arent doing a great job staying on top of things.....well i know its not linkin park's fault. they cant blame anyone but themselves.

LadyShinoda

LadyShinoda Member

Thats so Stupid..Linkin Park does not encourage to do such things!..so that girl was prob on something when she said that. :angry:

What a load of BS.

That mother obviously found it easier to blame it on the girl's musical preference than looking inward and confronting the real problem. Whenever some kid hurts himself/herself, the parents will always find something to blame without knowing that the blame might just lie with them. Same goes with the media. People never want to take responsibility. It's pathetic.

LP43v3r

LP43v3r Well-Known Member

It's non-sense. BLame the girl not Linkin Park. The girl took the lyrics the wrong way and cut herself. It's not LP's fault. The mother doesn't know anything about LP. Shes full of BS.

Kenji_girl

Kenji_girl Well-Known Member

Why not blame Suicidal Tendencies or Evanescence. Not that I don't like them but LP doesn't say suicide in any song like many bands :argh:

LazyCrazy

LazyCrazy New Member

yes, dumbest thing to blame bands for peoples' dumb actions, especially when Linkin Park doesn't say anything about cutting yourself. UGGH some people. They should blame other things like bad parenting skills. Sure, I fee depressed at times, but LP has NEVER made me feel like cutting myself. geezus. :mike:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.