Live in Texas vs. Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Louis, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Which performance do you think was better? Does Live in Texas pwn the n00b or does Milton Keynes make a fool out Linkin Park's original live album? Discuss.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

for me.. it has to be the MK gig. i always felt that LIT was a little poor so Road To Revoulution was a great improvment i thought

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think Road to Revolution was edited much better. I would have loved if it was released in Blu-Ray but what can you do? Live in Texas was always terrible in my opinion, I never liked the editing and it just sounded too clean.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I prefer the sound quality of Live in Texas. Live at Milton Keynes sounds too muddy, to me.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

I'm not really sure why, but I really really like Live In Texas alot. Milton Keynes is pretty good, too, but LIT is my favorite.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I prefer Live In Texas.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Live In Texas was better because it sounded better to me..i did like the edititng and the actaully live performance better on the RTR but its music so i prefer Live In Texas

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think its interesting that Im the only one that likes Milton Keynes more. I guess I look for it to sound more raw in a live performance because if I wanted it to be studio quality, I would listen to the albums :p

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

LIT had better cinematography...
    RTR sounds more realistic, live, and raw...

I'd have to say it's a tie.

JJ

i thought the photography from RTR was stunning.. much better than LIT in my opinion. thats mainly because the setting suited LPs show much more than the stadium it did on LIT

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

RTR was infinitely better then LIT. For a start, RTR actually sounded live.
    And I felt the cinematography on LIT was all jumpy, whereas RTR allowed you to actually take a look at what Brad was playing, for example.
    I remember watching LIT trying to work out if Brad played the harmonics for In The End live, and I just never got a shot of him playing long enough to tell.
    RTR clearly shows it, you could tab the song out from the video.
    And that's just one example.

ondiron

ondiron Well-Known Member

I don't know... I like both of them but I'm leaning towards LIT because on RTR he seems to lose his vocal "raspy-ness".... But they were both tremendously good concerts.

JJ

..stood in the same place all day was a killer so i decided to go and sit down for Pendulum and chill (crazy idea i know) i thought i'd be able to get my spot again for Jay-Z and then LP.. needless to say i didnt, but i was still pretty close to where i started at the begining of the day

i took this picture when i sat down. i thought it was pretty cool and i havnt posted it on here yet. i still cant get over of many people turned up. IMO the venue was ace! and all the performances during the day [and night lol] where fanstastic, even though i feel The Bravery brought the average down a little.

Chester mentions it was the biggest PR show they have done, but how do it rank in the league table for their all time biggest shows? it surely must be up there??

The CD/ DVD bundle is a great keep-sake :) i think thats why i think it was better show.. but i've never really liked LIT for some reason. but thats my opinion, so its still a case of each to their own i guess

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Milton Keynes was a better venue, crowd, and performance, IMO. The DVD presentation is a lot better too. However, I have to go with Live in Texas for one glaring problem with Road to Revolution: To put it bluntly, whoever did the editing to Chester's vocals fucked up big time (I won't say it was Pooch because I know several other people were involved with the DVD audio mix). There's a bunch of spots on the DVD where Chester's vocals have been auto-tuned, but whoever did the mixing left the original out of tune vocals in the mix as well. So literally, there are spots on the DVD where there are two Chester's singing at the same time, the second chorus of From the Inside for example. It was glaringly obvious from the very first time I watched the DVD, and I really don't know why it's like that because there are other spots where his vocals have been edited that it doesn't happen, and it doesn't happen at all on the CD. I can barely listen to the audio on the DVD at times because it's so painful to my ears as a result of this.

I'm not saying Live in Texas wasn't edited, in fact it was probably edited a hell of a lot more than RTR was, but at least you can't tell where it was edited.

ondiron

ondiron Well-Known Member

I don't know... maybe it's just my version, but the LIT has much better sound quality. I got them both from iTunes (legally) but RTR has bad quality. I might complain to iTunes and they'll give me my $20.00 back.... LOL

Also I think they looked much better on stage in LIT. What's up with all the beards on RTR (Phoenix and Mike)? And Rob's long hair? Have I been that out of it?

Astat

It's not just you, the RTR CD audio is absolutely terrible quality, it clips EVERYWHERE. The only CD I've ever heard that clips more than RTR is Metallica's Death Magnetic. It's kind of like you have to pick your venom: You can either listen to the well-mixed but terribly distorted CD, or the good quality but terribly edited DVD.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I chose RTR simply because I was there. :lol:

But seriously though that was a fucking brilliant day. Apart from The Bravery every band put on a hell of a show.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I like Live In Texas more in my opinion. Not just because they played their older stuff, but how it was presented. It was kind of annoying though how they edited it to the point where you'd see each band member for 10 seconds or less, and then switch. It was just constant switching. Other than that, I think it was a great performance, and DVD.

Shenzi Sixaxis

Shenzi Sixaxis Member

Live In Texas; it's not even close. With just the music, the Milton Keys performance just lacked what LIT had. I mean, yeah, the tweaking of songs and MTM songs was a nice thing... but it just wasn't as good as LIT.

With the footage.. god, I couldn't even watch RTR. The guys just look too.. ugh, I don't know, just DIFFERENT. I mean, Mike looks like he a grandfather, and what the HELL happened to Rob? When I saw him the first time, I couldn't help but think, "They needed a druggy to fill in for Rob?" Then I kinda went "Ohh..." when I saw his face...

Yeah, I just didn't like RTR, or much of any of LP's live performances since MTM... they just lack now.

Astat

If you're THAT concerned with the way the band members look, you should probably just critique their performances by listening to the audio, no offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.