Intro on new CD

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Glenn, Oct 6, 2003.

Toast

Toast Ambient

i dont care as long as its awesome

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

i dnt mind.. i thought Foreword was so kewl!! i love it. but even if there is or isnt i think its all good..!! i'd still love the album and get it nevertheless... ^^

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

the intro to my december with the scratching was amazing something very similar and mellow has to go on the album

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

hmm, now that i saw peoples opinions im getting excited what it will sound like if there is an intro. I like the orchestral idea but I think LP has worked with that enough with Reanimation and Meteora. hmm. maybe play the soft bass chords that develop in the first actual song, then do a guitar pattern that continues to the beginning of the first song from the remix without people knowing that it changed er something like that. Outro: SCRATCHING

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

well they drowned out the good part in bth, to much screathing, couldnt hardly get the full effect like on the lptv episode when it was by it self, so i want to hear it by its self, and then scrathing

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

what's your definition of awesome?

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

yeah i would l ike to hear an intro to get the feel for what the music will be like...i dunno to get you pumped for the cd....i really enjoyed the intro in reanimation...it really set the mood for the album! Great job phoenix ;)

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

yeah I'd like to hear something like that ....

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

I hate Foreward....seems like all LP wanted is to extend the CD...it has no words, rhythm nor melody...and it's barely 15 secs.
    I think they named it this way cuz everytime someone listens to the CD, he presses Foreward.... ;)

intheend1004

intheend1004 Well-Known Member

I think the next album's intro should be like scratching at the beginning and then Brad playing an interesting guitar part like on the beginning of "Place For My Head". During the guitar part it would be cool if Chester and Mike say some lyrics in a cool language like Arabic or something... just a thought... and the guitar part should also be played on a foreign stringed instrument

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

ok, after all this talk of intros and ontros i cant wait for the next album!!!! i wont be abe to sleep for days over excitement!!!!! im not very good at the creation of music so i cant state my opinion of how an intro/outro could sound, but for one thing, yes foreword is 13 seconds long.... but its really cool, i love it!!!! and i must say, a new beggining is an awesome intro... LP should do something along the lines, like something really long, and gradually more complex. but i do feel ashamed to complement good charlotte, cuz a new beggining was the only good thing on the cd.(i did like them, then was inspired and re-directed my music tastes.) but this isnt about good charlotte. (no offence to the people that like good charlotte)

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

yeah man that would be cool yes
    or like LimpB
    with "What is it? WH A T IS I T? IT ISSS LINKKKIN PAAAARK!" :D

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

Yeah;that sounded great! :)

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

I think a small intro of about 30 -60 seconds, which then blends in to the first song like on meteora and reanimation, with a bit of scratching no lyrics, a small outro would be good aswell just to finish the albumn of nicely

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Why do the last 3 posts have the same avatar??? Coincidence..
    Anyways..
    I want there to be a really heavy opening, like A.06, but maybe with Brad and Mike and Chester all playing guitar and have like a really hard riff along with a solo in it. That'd be pretty sweet.
    And then for the outro, just have some scratching and maybe a little bit of guitar, but a lot of piano.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

That's one of the pre-uploaded avatars you can choose instead of using your own. So you're wrong, it's not the same person. In fact, the IP's aren't even close.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I want one like Reanimation that follows through, 'Opening' was the best intro I've ever heard as was 'NRT>MSN', but it should have been just as long.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"Foreword" means "introduction."

It's used at the beginning of books, too.

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

i think Opening and Forward made it much cooler
    cause its such a suprising sound....