My december needs a video!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by frgt10_soldier, Sep 8, 2003.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

don't believe keaton he's a jerk this is just a thought of this people here in this forum give some body their idea shut up keaton you jerk you should be banned like that slut jawknee :chaz: [/b][/quote]
    Oh how did I miss this entry? Hahaha, you really need to get a life.

You don't have to like my OPINION, but you should really show some maturity than telling people not to believe me.

Personally I think more people agree with MY opinion than YOURS :rolleyes:.

LP43v3r

LP43v3r Well-Known Member

My December is a great song ^_^

Metamorphosiss

Metamorphosiss Well-Known Member

I think that My December really needs a video! Its a great song i love it alot.

hurleygurly935

hurleygurly935 Member

I think they should make a video for My December and put it on one of the DVDs

Toast

Toast Ambient

I guess itd be cool, dont see it happening...ever. :lol: :D ^_^ :mellow: <_< :unsure: :( :'(

hidden soul

hidden soul Active Member

Ever heard of singles? They come out when a video comes out....

Seriously, you don't need a video for a CD, you need a video for a song.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Ever heard of singles? They come out when a video comes out....

Seriously, you don't need a video for a CD, you need a video for a song. [/b][/quote]
    Singles are made for songs from an actual album so that they create awareness and help sell more copies. Singles are mainly for album sales. No sense making a video for a song which isn't even on a cd to promote.

Although I will give you a cookie if you can find one single out there now from any band which isn't on a cd.

hidden soul

Singles are made for songs from an actual album so that they create awareness and help sell more copies. Singles are mainly for album sales. No sense making a video for a song which isn't even on a cd to promote.

Although I will give you a cookie if you can find one single out there now from any band which isn't on a cd. [/b][/quote]
    Got proof to back up the fact that singles are only made for CD's?

{I'd love to see this....}

Mark

Got proof to back up the fact that singles are only made for CD's?

{I'd love to see this....} [/b][/quote]
    Why yes, I'd love to.

Go look at the Billboard Modern Rock Singles charts. you've got Staind's 'So Far Away' from a cd called "14 Shades of Grey", Linkin Park's 'Faint' from a cd called "Meteora", Nickelback's 'Someday' from "The Long Road", Evanescence's 'Going Under' from an album called "Fallen", A Perfect Circle's 'Weak and Powerless' from an album called "Thirteenth Step". All of these songs, along with the other 15 songs on the charts are songs from albums. None of these songs aren't from albums. I'm not saying singles are only for songs. I'm saying they're only for songs off of albums, for if you release a single which isn't on a cd, what is there to promote? Singles are songs picked from cds to help the album sell more copies. Do you see what I'm trying to say. My December isn't on an album, there's nothing to promote.

hidden soul

I've gotten what everyone has been saying. Go back to the VERY FIRST DAY that the Billboard was created, and go on from then to now....then tell me.

I never said tell me in the past 15 weeks......

Kæton

Why does everyone keep bringing up the past?

Times changed. If back then there were unreleased songs promoting CDs, then so be it. But this is 2003, not 60's, 70's or 80's.

I was clearly stating that THIS day and age, people release singles to promote their album. There is no band who has released a single that was not on a CD. There have been singles with unreleased songs, but never the other way around.

I'm sure you get into majority of bands because you've heard singles. Imagine if you heard a song that they did that doesn't sound like their album? Mind you that I suggest you not add in the whole 'downloading' thing because of the RIAA situations (haha).

My December sounds nothing like any other LP song, so why would they make one to promote Meteora/Hybrid Theory? It sounds nothing like either of the albums.

hidden soul

My December is on a CD AFAIK:

The "Hybrid Theory Tawain CD" I think it is (either Tawain or Japan).

Therefore, they could make a video for it.

If they made a video for it, then they would be promoting the OSC UK Single.

Kæton

Sure, the Asian versions of Hybrid Theory had the two extra tracks, but it's obvious that the song does not match. Not only that, why would you make a single promoting another single :huh:?

Also, if you have not noticed by now. That is an Asian version of Hybrid Theory--Not an American version. They [Warner Bros.] have to base a lot of the stuff made on the U.S. because the U.S. is the largest area they can make money.

Like I said--it'd be illogical to make a video for a single which supposedly can only be gotten in the UK unless imported.

People would be quite pissed to go into a record store one day and find out the CD they want has to be imported, just like how outside-U.S.ers have to get U.S. material imported--it's just the same. I'm sure they'd dislike the fact of having to import something like that over and over again, so they base it on songs that are featured on the album (actually chosen to be there). If Warner Bros. or LP thought the song matched, it would have made the final cut for the overall version--but it didn't, therefor you can conclude it became a b-side to the U.S. and was considered an extra.

Mark

I've gotten what everyone has been saying. Go back to the VERY FIRST DAY that the Billboard was created, and go on from then to now....then tell me.

I never said tell me in the past 15 weeks...... [/b][/quote]
    1) I have better things to do with my time than find out whether singles 20 years ago were from albums.
    2) This is 2003, who gives a crap about how it happened 20 years ago? That has nothing to do with anything. Although I'm sure singles were released to promote albums even back then.
    3) I don't know why you can't just accept the fact that what you're saying is ignorant and that you're prolonging a losing battle.

hidden soul

Ok, a new reason why they SHOULD'VE made a video for My December, it is found on "Reanimation", which is out in a lot of countries, that would be promoting their album. They've made videos for Pts.Of.Authry (sp?), In Th E nd (sp?), and FRGT/10

Kæton

Well if you want to put it that way, then there has been a video for MY<DSMBR :rolleyes:.

Good luck finding it, though. And if you're going with that statement, then I guess you have to say they made a video for every Reanimation song--and yes, they really did. I guess seeing that they made a video for every song and it was only put in the public once or twice WITH all the other Reanimation videos, that's not really promoting the album on it's own. That's like what MTV does now with their "Leak" thing. Also, My December and MY<DSMBR are different and could strike people differently ;).

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

lets be nice! :)

Casy

Casy Well-Known Member

They've made a Video for In Th E nd ?I've never heard abot that...?Does it really exist ? ?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

They've made a Video for In Th E nd ?I've never heard abot that...?Does it really exist ? ? [/b][/quote]
    There was a mini-video for all Reanimation songs.

Enth E Nd ;)