13-Year-Old Dad

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Sonic, Feb 14, 2009.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 233878.ece

This is ridiculous. It's not so much of the age, cause I myself am pretty used to hearing about 13-16-year-old boys/girls having babies. But it's just the way he looks is what gets me. I dunno, I found it interesting.

Discuss.

devilsnight2003

devilsnight2003 Dogs Don't kill People, Wabbits Do

Loads of people will have different views on this, my own perspective says that as long as the baby is well looked after then who am i to say anything. One of my best mates from school had a kid at the age of 15, he says one of the best things that ever happened to him. Hes still managed to finish a degree at uni and spend time studying abroad. In regard to this story though, the 13 year old looks incredible young and why does it not suprise me that this story is in The Sun of all papers.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know why this is getting so much attention from the media, this kind of shit happens all the time over here. We have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe and when you take a good look at British society it's really not all that surprising.

I think the mother has some issues though. The fact that she's 15 and had sexual intercourse with a 13 year old, not to mention the fact that this particular 13 year old looks about 8, is shocking to say the least. It's only typical that she was raised in a council flat with 5 other siblings.

Everyone should pray for this new born child. I fear that it's gonna have one fucked up upbringing.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Link didn't work for me, try again?

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I heard about this and saw the pictures of parents and child.

Wow.

grego

grego Well-Known Member

Looks like there is an update to the story.

LINK

I'm the real daddy, Alfie
    And I want a DNA test to prove it

By James Weatherup & Carole Aye Maung, 15/02/2009
    A SECOND teenage boy last night claimed HE—and NOT 13-year-old Alfie Patten—is the REAL dad of 15-year-old Chantelle Steadman’s newborn baby Maisie.

Richard Goodsell, aged 16, insisted he often shared a bed with Chantelle over a period of THREE MONTHS around the time she fell pregnant—and sensationally demanded a DNA test to PROVE he’s the daddy.

Young mum Chantelle and baby-faced 13-year-old Alfie Patten made headlines around the world this week when they told their story, vowing to be good parents to their six-day-old daughter.

But the News of the World can today reveal that as well as second maybe-dad Richard a THIRD lad, 14-year-old Tyler Barker, fears he may have fathered little Maisie.

READ: ALFIE AGREES TO DNA TEST

And amazingly the News Of The World has uncovered claims that Chantelle was sleeping with as many as EIGHT teenage boys around the time the baby was conceived on the Old Town estate in Eastbourne, Sussex.

Richard, a trainee chef, said he had sex at least three times with Chantelle at her home, adding: “I KNOW I could be the father. Everyone thinks I am. My friends all tell me that baby has my eyes— even my mum thinks so.

“Only a DNA test is going to sort this out properly. If I am the father, I have the right to know.”

Hope

And anxious schoolboy Tyler admitted: “I slept with Chantelle in her bed about nine months ago and I’m really worried I could be the father.

“I hope it’s NOT me. All my mates have been teasing me about it but this isn’t funny, it’s serious.”

Both boys and their parents have made sworn statements in front of a solicitor detailing their nights of sex with Chantelle.

But Chantelle’s family insist she lost her virginity to Alfie and 7lb 3oz Maisie—born after a five-hour labour at Eastbourne Hospital—is his.

Four-foot Alfie says the baby was conceived when he was just 12 after a single night of unprotected sex. Chantelle claimed she was on the Pill but forgot to take it.

However, Richard last night challenged that, insisting HE was the first in a series of teenage lovers to go with Chantelle.

“We got together within the first week of her moving here about two years ago,” he said.

“She was 13 and I was 14. We dated after meeting at the local shops and I liked her. I thought she was pretty. I used to stay overnight at her house on Fridays and Saturdays.

“We used to sleep in the same bed and within two weeks we’d had full sex. It was in her bedroom while her mum was downstairs.

“We didn’t use any contraception. It wasn’t my first time. But when we split up I found out that she was having sex with lots of other boys I knew.

"Me and my mates fell out over it.” Richard then reeled off a list of 14 and 15-year-old boys who, he claims, slept with Chantelle.

The teenager — who is studying catering at Sussex Downs College — claimed: “To be honest, any one of my mates could be the dad.

“Even Chantelle’s mum asked me if I was the father.

“Alfie is saying he’s definitely the dad—but we’re not so sure.

“I was Chantelle’s closest friend and she said I could be part of the baby’s life if I wanted.

“She wanted me to be there as a father figure but I didn’t fancy that because I have college early in the morning and I didn’t want to get up in the night to feed the baby.

"Now though, I just want to face up to it and know the truth.”

Richard’s mother Barbie-Jayne, 35, backs his story. She has five kids and was a teenager when she gave birth to Richard.

Last night she proudly boasted of twice appearing on TV’s Trisha show as a guest on programmes about having an overbearing personality and overactive sex life.

The third lad in the frame, Tyler, also alleged Chantelle bedded a string of teenagers—a claim she denies. He told us: “There’s a huge question mark over who the real father is. There’s every chance it could be me—but I hope it’s not.

“Having sex with her was the worst mistake I’ve ever made in my life. I wish I’d never met her.

“To be honest I didn’t really fancy her. She asked me out a couple of times when she moved down here but I kept turning her down. I thought she was ugly.

“Now I’m terrified that I could be the daddy, and I’m not the only one.

“There are at least five other boys that I know who were all sleeping with her around that time. They’re all now wondering, ‘Is it me?’

“It was routine for boys to stay over with her in her bed.

“But I only slept with her the once. It was on a Sunday last May shortly after my 14th birthday and it was in her room.

“The next morning at 8.30am, when she should have been going to school, she was helping tidy the house and look after her baby brother.

“I didn’t go to school either and before I left, she told me, ‘If you keep it a secret, you can keep coming back for more.’ Those were her exact words.”

Tyler’s dad, Chris Ireland, 44, said: “I had no idea Tyler was round at Chantelle’s house because he was meant to be with a mate.

“But when it came out that she was pregnant he came to see me and confessed he HAD slept with her.

“It was about nine months ago and we were very worried. He told me he had full sex with her and I was thinking, ‘Oh God, he can’t be the father.’

I even had a proper chat with him about his responsibilities and about what he’d have to do if he was the dad.

“But it turns out there are quite a lot of boys who’ve been with her. Alfie Patten is just one of them.

Only a DNA will determine the truth but I don’t think they’re about to have one.”

Chris, who runs the Eastbourne Utd Colts Under-15 football team, added: “There’s not a lot for young lads to do round here. They all hang around in groups of guys and girls on the streets—it’s a cocktail for disaster.

“My football team are a good bunch of lads but it only keeps them off the streets three days a week.”

Chris also claimed that Chantelle’s mother Penny and Richard’s mother Barbie-Jayne were embroiled in a huge row in the street several months ago.

Grim

He claimed: “Babs and Penny had this noisy altercation after it was discovered that Chantelle was pregnant.

“It was over rumours that the father of the baby was Babs’ son Richard.”

Young Tyler’s own mother left six years ago. With a history of anger management problems he was permanently excluded from school for three months but is about to restart his education.

As he detailed his own concerns he painted a grim picture of life on the Old Town estate—with appalling parallels to Channel 4 comedy drama show Shameless.

The only difference is the total absence of anything remotely funny.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

So I'll say what everyones thinking.

Dumb slut.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

t's a shame, and they'll definitely have a job on raising the child if they want to/are allowed to try. Although it's hardly an isolated case I sense a moral panic coming on unfortunately.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

lol yeah i was going to say that.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

She obviously has some serious issues. I mean, who in their right mind would want to have sex with a 12 year old? Seriuosly.

Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This. Stupid girl.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

really no big deal
    my friend is 14 a he has a kid..he loves being a dad
    so no big deal

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

No, it is a big deal. Despite what your friend might say, a 14 year old does not have the emotional maturity, or the financial resources, to raise a child properly. He might love it and think it's fun, but it's not fair to the child.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's no big deal? Are you being serious? Having a kid at any age is a big deal, and even moreso when you're not even out of your fucking ninth year.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

good point
    but he seems to be doing fine so far...

edit: ok ley me reword this
    its a big deal but it happens often enough in society that we should be like completly shocked by it
    better?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
    Will

That's like saying fires happen all the time and people shouldn't be shocked by them. That's stupid.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Happens all the time? Am I the only person here that has never known anyone under the age of 16 to have a child? I was really shocked by this, actually.

EDIT: Actually, I know that people back in the fucking Renaissance had babies at 13 but they were also getting married and dying at 40. :lol:

Will

I've never known anyone under 18 to have a kid. Two girls in my senior year were pregnant, but they were 18 and had been with their boyfriends since their freshmen years.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Children bearing children should be forbidden.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict