Thursday's Common Existence

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by esaul17, Feb 28, 2009.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Their new CD has been released, what does everyone think? I was in love with A City by the Light Divided, but am not positive on this yet. It is definitely GOOD, but none of the lyrics really sunk into me like the last CD's did.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

"you were the cancer" is easily one of the best songs to be released this year. it made its way to my most listened tracks ever (according to last.fm) in less than a month.
    the structure and progression is beyond any epicness and the end is just pure awesomeness in every sense, amazing!!!

as a whole, im not so much into the album. it has some really great songs, but they are not standing out that much to my mind.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I really like the album. You Were The Cancer is definitely the best track. I also like Resuscitation of a Dead Man and Circuits Of Fever.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I agree, You Were the Cancer is INTENSE. I really like Friends in the Armed Forces. This album made me want to listen to all my other Thursday albums, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The only Thursday album I like that much is War All The Time, so if this sounds like that I'll probably like it.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

There stuff doesn't really vary that much does it?

I've only heard this album and Full Collapse. This album is less hardcore than that album, but certainly more interesting at some points.

Dean

Sort of. They seem to vary from more agressive straightforward music to more atmospheric post-rock type stuff. I'd say War All The Time was a balance between the two.

I'll probably end up listening to them more in the next month or so anyway, as I was considering going to GIAN on one of the days they're playing.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I think War All the Time is my favorite as well, for those reasons. I think it's the most melodic of their albums.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

A City By The Light Divided is my favourite. And Thursday I see as quite experimental.

Dean

I've just listened to the first half of the album or so. Based on that it's great, and probably better than War All The Time.