How did you feel listening to Hybrid Theory for the first time?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2009.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

It's never as bad as it looks, if you want you can avoid everything. I've been in much crazier things than an LP mosh and come out just fine.
    You'd be perfectly ok I think :)

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

The only dangerous thing in being in a pit in a LP concert is when Chester comes off the stage and sings next to the crowd. If you're too close to Chester, you'll get literaly squashed :lol:

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

^ I'm okay with that! :p

So, okay, the pit it is. LET'S GO!

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I was eleven. Got hooked to 'In The End' through television and radio. Picked up the album: orgasm to all senses. Nuff' said.

Come to think of it from 2001 to 2003 it was friggin' awesome. 2001: Hybrid Theory 2002: Reanimation 2003: Meteora.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I was eleven ... it was exhilirating. :)

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

My first Linkin Park son was Numb and the I eventually liked Collision Course after that. The first time I heard all of Hybrid Theory as an album was actually after listening to both Reanimation, Meteora and Collision Course. Even so, I actually didn't really appreciate the heavier songs until later on. Thanks to Hybrid Theory, my taste in music has grown so much and it's got me into both metal and hip-hop which is great.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Derek, you should really get a hold of Reanimation DVD-A 5.1 .. and a bose surround system.. or something around the $700... it will make all the difference. lol.

I feel the same way like you. Besides, I been a linkin park fan since the time you guys gave birth to this board. I remember you guys running amok in the LPMB with your LPASSOCIATION siggies. White / Dark-red. I'll never forget that. ..good times.

magpie

magpie Member

I cheated and stole meteora off my sister...I wasn't a very big music fan but LP changed that for me, i went out and bought HT and loved it

I felt some of the songs like crawling related to my past and I have never heard music like LP been beaten by any other band I've ever seen and I say HT was really a stepping stone in the music world at that time

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

When I first heard Hybrid Theory.. my friend played it for me, and immediately the next day I went to the store and bought it with whatever little money I had. That album really changed my life, it was a unique period of time, and I burnt so many copies of it, I had it everywhere with me. I even eventually recorded Hybrid Theory and Meteora to cassette on Side A and B, because all I could use was a cassette player at the time, so I did it, and I wore that tape out.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

can't remember when I heard the album in it's entirety, for the first time. I do, however, remember seeing and hearing In The End on Video Hits here in Aus. Blew my mind and soul lol. It still remains my most loved song of all time. I listen to HT now, and compare it to LP's other music and I have to say, Chester's voice is it for mine. It sounds almost, dirty?? in songs like Points, Forgotten and By Myself

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

I was at my friends house (I think this was in '02) and my parents had recently gotten divorced. Every song on there gave me a different feeling. I loved every single second of it. For almost a year I would fall asleep with my cheap ass cd player on repeat. To this day, crawling still sends chills down my spine

The_4GT10_fACE

The_4GT10_fACE Well-Known Member

I really liked the album :) Heard it for the first time somewhere in 2001 adn thaught it was awesome :D

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

I don't exactly remember when I first listened to Hybrid Theory or how I felt, all I know is that I've listened to it a ridiculous amount and it STILL sounds fresh.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

This is funny, I just listened to Hybrid Theory in full today on my iPod walking from my apartment to campus/library. I actually did hear things I hadn't before, especially on "With You." There's some background effects/vocals going on in the chorus I had never noticed before. It was awesome.

Anyways, it's been about 9-10 years since I first heard HT. I bought it because I had heard "Runaway" on the local radio station and I loved every second of it. So, I popped the CD into my portable CD player, laid on the couch at home, and listened to it straight through. I hadn't ever listened to anything remotely hard rock/modern rock so it had to grow on me. But by the time Pushing Me Away ended, I was completely in love with the band and their sound. After that, I went Linkin Park crazy basically. I was around 11-12 years old. Wow. Now I'm almost 21. Nuts.

Hybrid Theory is a masterpiece. It has totally stood the test of time thus far.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I was 21(2001) the first time I heard it. I remember being like holy shit this awesome.

Been a hardcore fan ever since.

erving.09

erving.09 Active Member

i dont remember the first time, but i remember listen to it almost 4 hours a day, everyday, for at least 4 months :p... it captivated me!! every single sound in every single song... and im still discovering new sounds sometimes too.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Linkin Park's pits aren't anything. Jen mentioned Metallica and those weren't as crazy as some shit I've seen
    August Burns Red is fucking intense. Slipknot use to be pretty nuts but not as crazy anymore

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

So nobody went like...
    [​IMG]
    ?

VavourasLP

VavourasLP Active Member

I first listened to Meteora and when I started searching for other LP albums, I didnt like HT at first except In The End and Pushing Me Away.
    I guess that's because it's not as easy to listen to as Meteora. But after a while not only it grew on me, but I couldnt stop playing it over and over again.
    It was Live In Texas that helped it out a lot, because seeing the energy of those songs live made them grow on top. I believe Meteora is a better album but HT will always be the
    sign of their youth, and the one that started it all

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I agree with you, but I have to say "eh" to the fact that you said HT will always be the best, who the hell knows what LP are going to come up with in the new album? It could be HT but with more awesomeness for all we know.