Linkin Park Stays Busy With New Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

In an article posted today on billboard.com, Mike Shinoda discusses Linkin Park's next album, due out 2010, and gives some insight on what fans can expect.

"It's moving,"
    Shinoda tells Billboard.com. "I feel like we've been writing a lot. I'd say we've got about half the music done, though I shouldn't say halfway because who knows how long the next batch of songs will take. But all the material's just kind of coming together, and every week we meet up and assess the situation and for the rest of the week we just go and work on whatever we find exciting."

Shinoda says the group has decided on a producer but is not revealing that yet. He expects "an interesting transition" in the sound from 2007's "Minutes to Midnight," especially since singer Chester Bennington's upcoming solo project, "Dead By Sunrise" -- due out this fall -- "is much more of a rock album," leaving the door open for Linkin Park to experiment with other approaches.

"It's not going to be 'Hybrid Theory,' " Shinoda reports. "It's not going to be 'Minutes to Midnight.' And if we do it right, it'll have a cutting edge sound that defines itself as an individual record separate from anything else that's out there." He acknowledges that the rap element that was not a major part of "Minutes to Midnight" may be more prominent this time out, too. "I think I have some of the Fort Minor (his rap side project) energy in me that wants to come out, so you'll probably hear more rapping on it," Shinoda says. "I don't know if it'll be a little or a lot, but I now I've been sitting down writing a lot of verses, so there's a better chance of those making it on the record."

To read more about the album and other projects the band is currently involved in, please visit billboard.com.

Thanks to Version One for the news!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

that's just made my day!

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

I knew they couldn't take the rapping out of Linkin Park!!

NJMFan84

NJMFan84 Member

I'd love to see a little bit more of the rap element re-emerge in LP's future work.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!!! MIKE IS BACK!!
    and good news to hear!! but honestly i think everyone would agree we shouldnt listen to mike when were this far away from the album comming out haha

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

After hearing the verses Mike delivered on "Minutes To Midnight", I'm definitely excited for more material along those lines, for sure. ;)

Last edited: May 23, 2009
    LinkinPark2002

LinkinPark2002 Well-Known Member

Thank you god there will be more rap on it lol

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Great news! However, I'll be keeping my expectations to a minimum this time around.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

After New Divide, my expectations aren't high. But hopefully this is good.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

THEY SHOULD MAKE MORE SONGS LIKE NUMB N BREAKING THE HABBIT!

:lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The thing is...this band CAN create good music when they step away from the cliched Linkin Park sound that we are used to. While New Divide (upon several relistens) sounds like a typical Linkin Park type track, there have been moments on their last two albums that were simply genius and stood out from what they usually would make.

Case in point: Breaking The Habit, and The Little Things Give You Away. Both songs are beautiful in their complexity, and for their unique sound and great lyrics. While some long time fans may attempt to criticize the band for making music that structurally sounds the same (New Divide being an example), the two songs I mentioned as examples of their finest work...prove that when the band really puts their heads together..they can create some amazing music that stands out from all their other collective works to date.

That's why we need to give them time. If it takes till Summer 2010 for them to make a record that has some of their finest (and most ORIGINAL) works to date than so be it. Whatever it takes to let this band show they still have it in them because honestly...they do and they can write unique songs when they put their minds into it.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I am drunk and soon to be fucking high... but these.. are the BEST FUCKING NEWS EVER. I KNEW IT. THIS NEW ALBUM IS GONNA ROCK.

"Acrosss this newwww divideeeee!!!!"

Derek

I'd recommend you leave till you're sober.

Shadow

Nah. Been saying it since I was sober. If I was sober my reply would've been less "energetic" but it would've been the same.

I have hope Derek. You guys made this website and forum for a reason .. back you guys would post in the LPMB with your white siggies and red fonts (I recall one of you guys having a somewhat Bangbros looking sig of smilies.. but anywho)

YES... I have hope Derek.
    Keep the energy alive man. We been waiting for this moment as fans. I don't have the energy to explain everything but trust me when I say this album will be fire.

I know "you expect me to trust the drunk guy" I made a huge post about this in the "New Divide" thread.. you can go check it about my prediction of where this was going. So to see these news and see I am on the right path about the prediction.. is gratification my friend! And it should be for you guys.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

Derek

I think it was probably me who had the ridiculous amount of smilies. I used to have fun with my signatures over there, until the mods started pissing me off and then I left.

Shadow

Isn't that why we all left? :) That's why I joined this forum back in 03. Still have not forgotten.

Glad to see the old fans trickling like water droplets leaving positive feedback :)

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Blunt sarcasm aside, they should make more songs like BTH. I agree with Derek, it truly was an LP masterpiece. Imagine if they could somehow work rapping into one of their complex pieces. :eek: The thing I worry about with BTH was that it took years for it to become that...I hope it doesn't take that long to write songs like that to have on this next album.

Shadow

I believe them now when they said it took years to compose that.

We were all basing them on the lyrical part.. but the "Structure" itself. Breaking the habit is full of sounds.. sounds that you don't even realize are on the background because they are structured so well they blend into the ears perfectly. NOw if breaking the habit was broken into DVD audio 5.1 like reanimation was.. you would truly see that the song did have 6 years in the making.

The 6 years in the making that created the baby sound that's in minutes to midnight .. and now we will see the mature sound of this.. in the new album.

The new sound requires molding.. just like the original "new sound" required molding. Hybrid Theory took phases of molding.

Xero = Minutes to Midnight
    Hybrid Theory = New Divide
    LP Hybrid Theory = New Album

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

If they wrote The Little Things Give You Away 12 more times, I'd be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.