Linkin Park Stays Busy With New Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Same here.

Sfere

Sfere Member

I loved Minutes to Midnight. To me, it's the same if it's like MTM or HT, it'll be awesome, all the same.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Thats one hell of a statement, I can trust Mike that this album will be good no matter what It will sound like, but saying its gonna be that unique from any other sound out there certainly sets the bar high.

As long as they evolve and perfect the sound they had with MTM it should pay off.
    I hope they continue to experiment with longer tracks, and different song structures, and I'd love Phi and Brad to come up with some complex Guitar & bass parts (riffs/solo's et all)

And a 9 minute instrumental would* be epic! :D

Last edited: May 23, 2009
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I hope it doesn't sound like MTM. MTM needs to be a transitional album. Counting HT and Meteora as the same thing which they pretty much are, MTM needs to be the Back To The Future Part II of their trilogy. What I'm trying to say is that their next album needs to be full of Clint Eastwood homages.

Savo

Savo New Member

I'm not being negative but isn't this pretty much what they said about minutes to midnight? minus the whole "rap" description

Dean

Not necessarily no.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

Then they would be Coldplay.

Dean

That song doesn't sound much like Coldplay if that's what you mean.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE RAPPING ..... MORE RAPPING .... MORE RAPPING ... FINALLY MOOOOOOORE RAPPING !!!!!!

with a liiiiitle mixing some of his rap with some nu metal sounds ...... and THAT'S IT !!!!!!

:D

well maybe you're right my friend but this time he mentioned MORE RAP ... let's just hope they'll do even better than the previous album and that mike will creates a solid sound of rap mixing it with lp music :)

Last edited: May 24, 2009
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Dean

Mike didn't guarantee more rapping so I hope no one gets their hopes up too much and is like "OMG MIKE LIED" if there isn't much on the album.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Late 2005, when the band was doing preliminary writing/recording for the last album, Chester said this in an LPU chat:

"We're all really excited about making this record. I can't really say anything about the direction of the record, because we haven't ever really conciously pre-concieved an album, and so the album kind of comes to us when ideas comes to us. Music comes to us, if the album wants to reveal itself to us it will. I would have to say that after listening to some ideas with Mike the other night, kicking around ideas on new music, put it this way, I couldn't go into the studio the next day because of all the screaming I did. There will be A LOT of screaming. My screaming seems to get harder and more disgusting every time I do it. I had to go home and go to bed after I was working on the music at Mike's."

Now, between what he said there and what you heard on "Minutes To Midnight", that's what you all have to go by with what Shinoda's said about his writing rap verses for this upcoming album.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
    Dean

OMG CHAZEE CHAZZ LIED 2 USZ

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I agree that no one should get their hopes up for rapping on the album. I get the feeling if there's any on the new album at all then it will be in a similar format as MTM - only 2 songs or so.

Despite that I do think we'll hear more of Mike in general. I'd like them to do a song where both Chester and Mike sing, not just one or the other.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I believe what they say as far as NOW, I just don't buy into anything until the album is complete. IMO, it's what's going on "now" that they believe will be the next album. Right now they could have 15 metal songs written with absolutely no rapping. But tomorrow they feel that's not them and they get excited and write/record 12 heavy rap songs with even chester and rob busting some beats. I always see bands getting excited for what they're working on now, but no one should ever take these snippets as cold hard facts on what the final product will sound like. I'm just overall excited for the next album and can't wait for how it turns out.

LinkinPark2002

LinkinPark2002 Well-Known Member

Me as well.

Rwey964637

Rwey964637 Active Member

Did you ever take into consideration that maybe he was refering to when they were recording No More Sorrow and Given Up? Technically Chester didnt lie. ;) He never once said he was screaming on the whole album, just that he was screaming alot on 2 songs lol

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, it wasn't Breaking the Habit the song that took 5 years to write, it was just that Mike had been trying to write a song based around that lyrical idea for that long and it had never worked until then. I honestly think that the music that wound up becoming Breaking the Habit would've been better off if they left it as it was originally, a 2-minute instrumental interlude. I think it's incredibly weak from a lyrical standpoint, as are a lot of other songs on Meteora.

Note to all aspiring songwriters: If you've been trying to write a song based around a lyrical idea for 5 years and every attempt has come out sounding like crap, maybe it's just a crappy lyrical idea. I've always scratched my head as to why Mike kept recycling that idea when Linkin Park is generally a band that doesn't recycle old material.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
    Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Not nessecarily. There are lyrics that go through retouching over ages until they're finished. And then it's still hard to find shit to go with them. It's not that they're nessecarily bad lyrics. Maybe they're just not lyrics. There's a difference between poems, lyrics and pure verbal shit on paper. (This may not apply to bth, but still...just cuz something takes long doesn't mean it sucks ass.)

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

It still stands. What became Breaking the Habit took 5 years to write. And I think incredibly weak is an overstatement. 'Incredibly weak' is something I reserve for things like Somewhere I Belong. And BTH was no SIB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.