LPA Exclusive: The Complete Rosewood Fall Discography

Discussion in 'News' started by Todd, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Note: I am posting this for Derek since he is at work, all credit for obtaining these tracks goes to him and not me

While we usually reserve this news section for updates pertaining solely to Linkin Park; due to a recently obtained exclusive from former Snax band mate Jim Roach, we felt it would be best if we took the time to make a news post about a band (indirectly) connected to Linkin Park, called The Rosewood Fall.

For those who are unaware:

The Rosewood Fall were signed to Linkin Park's "Machine Shop Records" label after band member Dave Farrell got a hold of the demo from one of The Rosewood Fall band mates (who he had known from his former band The Snax). Dave presented the demo to his band mates, and The Rosewood Fall were later signed to the band's label. Under their MSM contract they released a short EP titled "Demonstrate" as well as "Stereo: Right/Left" a double disc set that included all of their collective works to date, including demos, live tracks and previously unreleased songs.

The band had gathered a good following on Myspace, Pure Volume and Linkin Park sites, however sadly due to reasons beyond the band's control "Stereo Left/Right" would become the final album to be released by The Rosewood Fall under the Machine Shop label.

In a statement from the band themselves (posted back in August 2005 on the now defunct rosewoodfall.com website):

"It saddens us to officially announce that The Rosewood Fall has collectively decided to discontinue being a band. It was a very painful decision that was not easy to make, but some personal issues had arisen in the band that needed special attention. In the end this is a group of five close friends who happen to make music together. Our friendships and well being outweigh our future with The Rosewood Fall...."

Since that time; the band members have gone their separate ways (although they all are happy and still keep in touch) and they have all continued to work on various projects within the music industry. Jim Roach (who was kind enough to join us for an LPA chat a few years back), has now started producing records as well as continuing to work/perform with various artists and bands in the music industry. You can view his official site here (www.jimroachmusic.com) as well as leave him your thoughts on his music and view the projects he has done to date.

Now...as most fans will no doubt remember, both Stereo Left and Right were released in August 2005, and shortly thereafter became a rarity with both Demonstrate and Stereo/Left being impossible to find (even on torrent sites), and no longer for sale on the internet.

As big Rosewood Fall fans here at the LPA, we knew that many fans of the band would love to have the chance to hear these songs again, so earlier on in the week we began our search for the tracks so that we could bring them exclusively to all former TRF fans. Through communication with Jim Roach, and some begging (just kidding!) we have finally managed to obtain ALL of The Rosewood Fall's collective works to date (including a VERY rare track made 5 years before they had a record deal called 'Gage Park') as well as the rights/permission to host these tracks online for fans to hear once again after all this time.

The songs are available for download here. There are 8 EPs, each in a zip file. In order to help prevent other sites from hotlinking to the files, we are limiting the files to registered forum members only. There is no minimum post requirement to download these, you just need to be a member of the forums. If you wish to share these files with someone else, we do ask that if possible, you send them the zip files instead of a link to the page to help us conserve bandwidth and keep our web hosting costs down.

We hope that although the music we are bringing to you is not Linkin Park music, that our viewers will enjoy this exclusive and understand the significance of hosting these tracks on the net.

Please Note:
    We have arranged the songs in exactly the same fashion as Jim had done on his iDisk. So although all "Stereo Left/Right" tracks are there, you will not see them arranged as such..but instead as the way the band likely would have seen them while they were working on the tracks. We felt this would give the collection a unique touch. Enjoy!

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I remember this band and I remember how much potential they had. Thank you all for posting these :)

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Never knew about these guys. Downloading now. Thanks for this!

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

this is so cool..Good Job guys

fallsogracefully

fallsogracefully Member

i still wear my trf shirt proudly.

48virtues

48virtues Member

Does anyone have the track listing for Stereo Left/Right?

Im trying to move the files around to get it into album order, but cant find the listings online. Are all the tracks there from the Stereo albums, or just their demos, if that?

Thanks.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Far out, if I wasn't capped on downloads :lol: ... but, good work, guys. :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The demonstrate EP is seperate, but as for everything else I will get Jim to make a list for you guys :).

48virtues

48virtues Member

Thanks a lot

:D

Isthil

Isthil Member

just wanted to make sure before I did it, since these files are free to be shared and you guys want to keep the hosting cost low I could put it up on a .torrent website if I wouldn't get in trouble... Tell me if this would be a bad idea, thanks

Derek

If you do please state that the files were obtained from www.lpassociation.com in the torrent info/torrent page. That's all we ask..that we are given ample credit.

hovat

hovat Member

This is seriously the greatest thing you guys have ever posted. I've always wanted to hear all these songs.

Thank you guys and thanks Jim if you read this!

Derek

No thank you! We were very skeptical in regards to how well these songs would be received (since they are in essence, not Linkin Park songs) but the amount of downloads we've received on these songs have been phenomenal. We usually don't reveal how much bandwidth is used (that's for us) but in just 24 hours we've had over 600 downloads and have used about 15GB. Just in one day.

For not being LP songs, that to us is amazing. So thank you guys for responding so well to this exclusive, and you can be sure that Jim knows how thankful you guys are and is just as thankful. :)

LPAA9

LPAA9 Don't eat the yellow snow

thanks! just became a fan;)

Derek

Be sure to check out www.jimroachmusic.com too guys. You can see a lot of the other stuff Jim has done since TRF =).

Somedude179

Somedude179 New Member

Hey, does anyone happen to have album covers for Stereo and the Demonstrate EP? I'm one of those "every song must have album cover" people, sorry ^^'

Also, LPA is far above epic for posting this stuff. I'd heard of the band before but no torrent sites had even an EP of music. Thanks much.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Very, very cool. I miss their music.

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

Bridges Under Water is still my fav track by them!

Derek

Jim is compiling a track list as well as little mini blurbs that tell the meanings of the songs for you guys. I will ask him for album covers too.

Expect it later next week :).

skywise

skywise Member

lpa has been my homepage for a couple years, but i've never actually signed up to post in the forums until now. thanks to jim and lpa for making this happen. excellent band! it's a shame both 'rosewood' and 'no warning' disbanded.

anywhoo... the tracklisting and album art info would be top notch!

mad props & thanks again!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.