The Wait Is Over: New Linkin Park Coming May 18th!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

You know, if the band comes on here to read this, I'm not sure what they are going to think. :lol:

2. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

:D That people here have active imaginations?

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Like I said to Derek the other night, they should make me their producer. I could be the making of this band with some of my ideas.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That we are totally awesome and that they should definitely make a song about Chester's sexy dance moves.

5. Dean

No, they should make No Laundry: The Rock Opera

6. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The song is actually called "New Divide (2[7] letters in da alphabet)

and it is about a new divide in the supporters of the 27th letter in the alphabet that linkin park has created. It basically looks like a backwards P and a reverse L..

7. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I'm kinda worried that because it's for Transformers it will be kinda watered down. The band seem to be moving in a more experimental direction, but I don't think that the transformers crew would really like that. Then again, it's gonna be part of the score, so I would think that it would be suitably epic.

Also, this is kinda off topic, but I want a studio version of QWERTY released somehow.

8. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Wasn't a studio version of QWERTY released on the LPU disc?

9. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, on LPU 6.0.

10. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Minutes to Midnight was kind of, well, embarrassing, even though it was a decent piece of work in terms of the music, I guess(although not really, compared to most music you end up listening to in life, but it was miles above Meteora), it failed for me poetically. It seems like sometimes they push for that certain writing style, or whatever it is, that's very simple and talking about random depressing situations, hardly ever getting too lively and experimenting with words and sound.

I'm hoping on the new LP record or on this new song that we get some different interesting parts that we wouldn't expect from them. Not even really 'experimental', too much, just them experimenting and having fun as a band together.

That would be great to see, and it seemed like they were trying to walk that direction with Minutes to Midnight, so I have hope. We'll see. I'll still always love the band, they're great guys, and I think they deserve all their success just for who they are, great people who have really lightened my life up through the years. So hooray for them, come on May 18th.

11. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I agree, but I'm only embarrassed by "In Between". It was like "Where'd You Go" but even worse. I hope Mike can learn to keep his "ballads" from sounding so childish.

It's rare that I say something bad about my favorite song-writer of all time, but that's my only qualm right now. That and I think they need to learn how to creatively put the hip-hop back into their music.

But I really don't expect "New Divide" to have any hip-hop influence at all. I expect it to be an epic rock song without much screaming. I expect the song-writing to be clean and completely on-point. There won't be much stepping outside of the LP box in this song, but it will be the pinnacle of the mainstream rock side of their style. I see the real experimenting and "stepping outside of the box" to occur on the album. This song will show us what LP can do in terms of making a big mainstream rock hit, but it isn't necessarily going to enlighten us as to everything we'll experience on the upcoming album.

12. Dean

In terms of composition and songwriting In Between is probably one of the strongest songs they've written thus far, and on that album alone you have Valentine's Day, No More Sorrow (the lyrics), and In Pieces (the solo) which come much closer to sounding childish to me. On the other hand you have songs like Shadow Of The Day which are way, way, too MOR. Then again it's not like either is an accusation you couldn't have levelled at any of their work before MTM.

13. think i'm a fire engine

think i'm a fire engine Well-Known Member

My fear is that it will sound like What I've Done: short verses, chorus that lacks emotion, bridge that lacks dynamics.

My hope is exactly the opposite of all that.

14. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I completely agree with you on the songwriting part. MTM didn't have a good repeat value imo, but I've listened to this song about a thousand times!

think i'm a fire engine: I sure hope not! Considering that it's being tailor-made for a movie, more specifically an action movie, I think it'll be very 'theatrical'. If I remember correctly even Mike said something like that.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  15. SilveRShad3

SilveRShad3 Member

I think New Divide's amazing song and I also think it sounds a little like What I've done.. Not because the music but the structure.. isn't it??

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You resurrected a month old thread to say this?

Couldn't you have said your opinions in the New Divide video thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.