Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

OK im fuckin fed up with all of this

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yesterday was a horrible day. I got through it though, I guess.

3. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Everyone!

:hug:

Seems as though this week has been "ehhh"

4. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Megan Fox makes me so damn horny :( i'm addicted.

5. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

LMFAO! :lol:

6. Theazninvasion68

^ this.

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think there are more beautiful woman in the world than Megan Fox.

Besides, she has a weird thumb (those who watch E! will get the joke :lol:).

8. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah but she's also Bi and I'll take a beautiful girl who's willing to do stuff with other girls weird thumb or not. :lol:

9. John

word :lol:

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't think that's saying much people hadn't already figured out :lol:

11. John

:lol: but it's worse every single time!

12. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Those really freak me out, seriously.

But that probably says more about me than about her.

13. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I went to the doctor's today because I was running a fever etc. and I had my first sound thingi (I don't know what it's called) but it's like an ultra-sound without the imaging, just the noise. We tried to find the baby's heartbeat but couldn't =( The doctor said don't worry about it because the heartbeat is so faint and that the baby might've just been hiding in my pelvis at the time and that you don't usually find a heartbeat until 15 or 16 weeks. But it was so exciting for me at the time.

But the doctor said that I don't have swine flu cos I have no flu like symptoms, so I was happy ^^

14. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I have a bit of a dilemma. I guess, I don't want to use that word, but it's a problem that I've been dealing with over the past several weeks. And I guess, even that is a bit much, but it's a situation that I'm not sure how to handle.

My girlfriend Rachel and I have been dating for 21 months now (1 year, 9 months). Rachel is a year and a half older than me and she graduated this year from our high school. Now, she is going to college this fall. You might already have the question in your head, but I should explain further.

Rachel is going to ASU. ASU is approximately 10-15 minutes away from our homes, so she isn't far even though she's going to be staying in the dorms. She doesn't start school until August 24, while I begin my senior year on August 10. She won't have classes every single day, but she will be busy and her weekends may even be taken up.

As for me, I'm going to have a packed schedule. Currently, I am in Cyprus and will be returning to Arizona on the early evening of July 29th. From August 2nd to August 8th, I have Band Camp. This gives Rachel and I 3 whole days to hang out, not to mention that those 3 days are time that I would like to use to wrap up some responsibilities with Band and prepare for school. The only time between that and school that we have time to hang out will be the Sunday before school, and the one or two weekends before ASU is in session.

We have decided that we are going to talk about the future of our relationship, and what exactly we're going to do about us since she's going off to college and I will still be in high school sometime after I get back. We've decided that we'll talk before I go to school, most likely during those three days between my arrival and Band Camp.

The things that I've been thinking about recently make a long list of concerns. They are issues that have come up recently, and issues that have been around for a while. Well, I guess, they haven't been around for a while, but I've thought about them for a while.

- The first thing is that she seems to feel that their is a finite amount of time that our relationship will last. In a conversation several months ago, she mentioned how she could not see us married and referred to the end of our relationship as "when we break up." Given, marriage is too far ahead for me to even imagine, I prefer to use "if we break up," because I remain optimistic. However, her use of "when" worries me. I feel that maybe she truly does think that this relationship is bound to end. It makes me worry that maybe she does not have as much faith and confidence in our relationship as I do. I'm not saying that I don't think she cares about me, but it's the fact that she feels this relationship *will* end. That bothers me.

- The second thing is more recent. A friend of mine got together with another friend of mine who, age-wise, are in a similar situation. Ian is going into his senior year while Abby is also going into college at ASU. They got together soon after school got out this year (early June), but recently broke up because Abby felt that the college-high school relationship wouldn't work out. Given, they didn't date for nearly as long as Rachel and I have, I still worry that Rachel will take this and feel that maybe it won't work for us either.

- The other thing is simply that I really don't know how I could possibly end a relationship that is so strong and has been going on for a long time. Rachel and I are extremely close and have been through a lot of different things together. We could never stop being friends but how do you mutually bring an end to a relationship, leave it at a friendship, and expect to not have any sort of tension?

The truth is that I love her, and if you could not gather by now, I don't want to end this relationship. I don't know exactly how she feels, but my paranoia and her words seem to point toward the possibility off her intention to end the relationship before she goes off to college. Of course, she wouldn't end it because she doesn't love me or doesn't care about me because I know and trust that she does, but she and I both have seen outside examples of the difficulties that come with sustaining that sort of relationship. Given, those had different circumstances (different people, shorter relationships, etc), it's still an influence. So, in other words, she would end it to avoid a bitter end to the relationship.

I understand her reasoning and if it came down to it, I would prefer the mutual end as opposed to a break-up over arguments and instability. I would rather be friends than terminate our entire connection just because we couldn't keep up with each other because of the separation. Rachel and I were very close friends for a year before we decided that we had feelings for each other and got together. I very much enjoyed that friendship, so keeping our friendship is obviously of the greatest importance and of incredible meaning not only to me, but to both of us.

However, I cannot help but feel that our experience and the duration of which we have been together proves that we can handle the time apart. Not to mention, she and I up to this point have not seen each other for 6 weeks because of my trip across Europe and my stay here in Cyprus. We can take great amounts of time apart, not to mention that for 3 of the 6 weeks, we were not even able to talk. As difficult as this was, our relationship has endured and I believe that the college-high school separation would not bring this relationship to an end.

The ultimate question is, how can I explain this to her if for whatever reason she feels that the relationship needs to end? What option do we take if it comes to this point? Obviously, there's no question as to what will happen if she agrees with me and feels this relationship can endure. A proposed solution would be, perhaps, to stay together and see if it becomes a problem after one month and take it from there. But other than that, if it comes to a disagreement, I have no idea what to do; no idea what to say.

It's a difficult situation and it's been troubling me ever since I left. I knew when I went to Europe that eventually, after 6 weeks, I would come back and have to deal with this accordingly. But the truth is, I do not know what to do and where to begin. For anyone who does take the time to read this, I would really appreciate a sincere and thorough response, with advice of any kind. Your input would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  15. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Don't give up on it cos of that bro.
    You've been in it way too long to let something like that get in the way. Once you're both back into normal life (whatever that is for you), you'll work out how that is going to involve each other.

I know you said thorough responses, but I have a screaming headache, so sorry. But I wouldn't give up man, you obviously don't want to.

16. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

That's really good to hear Sarah, I'm glad things are okay.

Louis, as Harlz said, don't give up because of that man.

--------------------------

Wow, if I'd actually been posting everything that's been going on in the past few weeks in here, I'd probably have a whole page to myself. :lol:

17. John

what are you waiting for? :lol:

18. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Alright, you asked for it. :lol:

Basically it all involves Emmy in some way.

There's the fact Darcy has been constantly saying to Emmy she could do much better (suggesting Emmy's best friend Callum, who we know for a fact likes her, and whom Emmy used to have a thing for. Something else also happened between them which makes this particularly hard for me, but it's not really something I want to say online). Thankfully Emmy has realised how much of a bitch Darcy is though.

There's the fact I know there are a fair few guys in our group who like Emmy, one in particular she gets very cuddly with when we're all hanging out downtown. Actually to be honest she gets very cuddly in general downtown, but to the exclusion of me. And it's not like she was making up for it at home because when we hung out at her place, she spent her time on MSN or texting her ex boyfriend constantly. Admittedly she gets free texts to him, and it was a two year relationship so I can understand if she still speaks to him, it was just a bit much when it was literally every minute since I collected her.

There's the fact I give her so much freedom, when a lot of mine and her guy friends have said they wouldn't, for instance, let her spend time alone at Callum's house (which I do), or that I let her use my phone, my credit, to have a two hour long call with Andrew (her ex boyfriend) a few weeks ago when they were having a row, while I sat and did nothing for that time. I give her so much freedom but it seems to be thrown back at me. And while I'm certainly not going to act like her ex (who used to go so far as telling her she couldn't go out socially unless he was present), and while I can't condone what he used to do by any means, as harsh as it sounds I can understand maybe why he did it.

Hell, as callous as it sounds, there's even the comparitive lack of sex compared to her time with Andrew, which normally wouldn't bother me but when it's gaps of say six weeks for us compared to two for them, it doesn't make me feel particularly sexually attractive (wow I sound like a girl there).

So anyway, I spoke to her the other day saying I'd been feeling unloved, ignored and unwanted. She was actually annoyed at first but we got talking and it came down to her not being able to be as attached as with her ex due to fear of being hurt again, stuff like that. The last few days though, she has been seeming to make a real effort to make me feel loved, being huggier and such, which I really do appreciate.

But then I get to yesterday and another one of the guys downtown, Yoshi, starts texting Emmy a fair bit, which I'm fine with. But once we get back to hers, he starts giving off the feeling online that he really wants to talk to her without me there. So she tells him I'm not, and he goes on to say how he likes her, etc etc (one thing I will say in Emmy's defence is that she does tell me just about everything that goes on in conversations like that). And then his status online today is "I died in your arms last night, you didn't have to say what you did, I miss you Emmy". ARGH. Because it now makes me feel like she said something else to Yoshi while I wasn't there. So I asked her, and she said the first part was a song, the "I miss you Emmy" she doesn't have a clue about.

Anyway so that's about it. Most of it involves me being an over emotional girl. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  19. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

this is kinda random. i haven't been here in two years, and i had the brilliant idea of seeing what was going on. really, two years. the thing says my last visit was 8/8/2007 at 5:49 pm.

a lot has happened in two years. it's weird. my life is totally different now, better in some ways, worse in others. it's amazing what you think is the end of the world one day turns out to be no big deal a little bit down the road. it puts everything into perspective.

(sorry i interrupted.)

20. Theazninvasion68

welcome back Rosanna.

Daniel: everything will be alright in the end :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.