sXe

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Radical Dreamer, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Fight time :D ! We all have our principles, and we must respect the ones of the others. That's not my problem if anyone smokes anything, but I won't cause I belive it's not good... You see what I mean :D ?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

What are you talking about?

My opinion about alcohol?

It's hard to explain what i'm saying. Why would you want to drink some form of alcohol(unless it's a few beers, because some people do enjoy the taste) and not plan on getting drunk from it. It would be totally pointless to take 2 shots of vodka and then just stop and not get drunk. Why would you waste your time taking those 2 shots if it won't do anything.(maybe a little buzz) [/b][/quote]
    Actually, about everything.

While weed is safe, it's also not safe. It does kill brain cells, no matter what anyone says. It impairs your judgement and slows your reaction time to things. It's all part of the "high."

And with alchohol: Your belief that "why bother drinking if you're not going to get drunk?" is the most asinine, stupid, ridiculous thing I've ever heard and I don't really think I need to back that up at all.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

For some people it does. No one I know get's affected by it. They're just as smart or whatever as normal. And you can't say it's because they didn't smoke enough, i've been there plenty of times while they were doing it.

Not to try and sound mean, but I think if you're going to flat out call my opinion "stupid" I think you do need to back that up.

You're ####### telling me if you weren't straight edge and you came to a party and knew you were going to drink, but not get drunk...you would still do it? I don't think the fun comes while drinking it, for me the fun comes after.

Will

For some people it does. No one I know get's affected by it. They're just as smart or whatever as normal. And you can't say it's because they didn't smoke enough, i've been there plenty of times while they were doing it.

Not to try and sound mean, but I think if you're going to flat out call my opinion "stupid" I think you do need to back that up.

You're ####### telling me if you weren't straight edge and you came to a party and knew you were going to drink, but not get drunk...you would still do it? I don't think the fun comes while drinking it, for me the fun comes after. [/b][/quote]
    I can still have PLENTY of fun if I'm not drunk.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I can still have PLENTY of fun if I'm not drunk. [/b][/quote]
    That's not what i'm saying at all. I don't need to drink to have fun either. That's not at all what i'm saying.

I'm not even going to continue...there's no point at all.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I think this thread got too hostile for its own good. :chemist:

Will

That's not what i'm saying at all. I don't need to drink to have fun either. That's not at all what i'm saying.

I'm not even going to continue...there's no point at all. [/b][/quote]
    To me, drinking in excess is stupid. Not only does getting drunk detereorate your organs (mainly, the liver) but it impairs your judgement, depth perception and reaction even more severely than marijuana does. If I go to a party where there was alchohol and I drank (which I don't, so this scenario is going to be "pretend"), I'd probably only have a few drinks. I don't feel I need to be drunk to have a good time. There's just no point to it.

Why bother smoking cigarettes if you don't want to die of cancer?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

To me, drinking in excess is stupid. Not only does getting drunk detereorate your organs (mainly, the liver) but it impairs your judgement, depth perception and reaction even more severely than marijuana does. If I go to a party where there was alchohol and I drank (which I don't, so this scenario is going to be "pretend"), I'd probably only have a few drinks. I don't feel I need to be drunk to have a good time. There's just no point to it.

Why bother smoking cigarettes if you don't want to die of cancer? [/b][/quote]
    Tell me...what would be the point of having those few drinks if it didn't get you drunk? Why would you even bother drinking alcohol then, you might as well just have a pepsi...it's a drink and won't get you drunk.

Maybe people who smoke wanna die of cancer? Who knows...ask someone who does. I sure as hell don't, smoking cigerettes is one of the most unattractive things in the world. You could be the hottest chick in the world but if you smoke you might as well be ugly.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Not to put you down or anything Bryan, but I have to disagree with you on some levels. This is a bit personal, too.

I know it is stupid to rely on alchohol, but I do have an uncle who has to rely on it. In his life, he's pretty much been damaged in a lot of ways, and his only comfort is alchohol. My uncle is probably on the verge of passing away already, but from the last time I heard, after something (I don't know what) happened, he drank and drank, and it's become something he can't live without. He's a great man, and pretty intellegent, but it's just his comfort. My uncle doesn't drink to get drunk, and I know what you mean by the intentions, but he does it because he needs it.

I'm just trying to state that not everyone drinks for the hell of it or to get drunk. Sometimes it's deeper than that.

But I do agree about weed... Look at the amount of teens that do weed... It is harmful. When I was in middle school, a kid in my grade was doing weed with his friend in the car, and they got into a huge car crash that ended both their lives. The only substance they found was weed in their systems/car/or whatever it was and when it was announced, people still continued to do weed.

It's pretty messed up how kids these days are just messing up their lives with this crap.

I guess not by choice, I am sXe. I have no intentions of smoking or drinking any time soon, nor having sex. I do have friends who have turned to weed, alchohol or sex, already, but I don't treat them any differently.

Will

Just as you said before, some people like it because of the taste and will only have a few drinks because of that. Just because you can get drunk off of alchohol doesn't mean you have to.

@rMYoF1

@rMYoF1 Well-Known Member

My uncle is an alcoholic and it has completely destroyed his life. I will never touch a drop of it.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Considering both of my parents are alcoholics (but they don't drink anymore. Don't ask me how it works, it just does), I will be twice as likely to get addicted to drinking. That, and my family (including relatives) has had a serious problem with drinking in the past. My grandfather choked on his own vomit and died later that night because he drank so much. Considering that happened before I was born, I never had the chance to know him. My uncle also left over a year ago to drink, and although his death wasn't alcohol related, that choice eventually led to it.

From my perspective, Bryan, it seems that you don't even have a clue about some of the atrocities that alcohol can cause. To me, it's no better than smoking weed, chewing tobacco, or smoking cigarettes.

If you continue to drink Bryan, chances are you'll end up like my grandfather.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Bryan does not drink endlessly. He just has a less harsh opinion on it. I disagree with his views, but, it's ok dudes, dont' start fighting with him! It's his own opinion, anyone who likes drinking, he's ok with me. Just until he gets aggresive or forces me to get into alcohol.

(i love those quarrels between Bryan and Will :p )

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

i agree with bryan

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Holy crap, that's JUST like my Uncle Al. Uncle Al was the most intelligent man I've ever known. He was an excellent conversationalist and debater, he was smart and he was very kind. He had a traumatic childhood where things happened which I wont delve into, only to say that he was not abused by his parents so no one gets the wrong impression of him. These problems followed him into his high teens and even higher and he became an alcoholic. Sometimes he would drink full 6-packs in 2 hours everyday. Uncle Al was at a detox centre, on his way to trying to get rid of his alcoholism, and he died from a heart attack in his dorm room from deprival. He's the closest person to me ever to die. I think he thought alcohol was comfort, and it is to some people. I've never seen him drunk because he had such respect for his family that he wouldn't do it around us. There's no obligation to get drunk when you're drinking alcohol, it may be conforting, it could be for taste, it could be to bond with other drinking friends, but some people don't drink just to get drunk.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Wow, this thread has gotten hostile...

Come on everyone....

Group hug!

Will and Bryan, you go first.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

You know Cameron, if you said that to me in person I swear to God I probably would have punched you straight in the face. I think you're taking what i'm actually saying and exadurating(?) it. I hardly EVER drink. I drink maybe 5 times a year, if that.

I think some of you are too up-tight and don't know how to have fun in your life. You're lucky to have a life, which is a great thing. Enjoy it and have fun...don't be so uptight about everything. I'm not trying to be mean, but I can defidently tell us as people would not get a long in real-life. I'm a fun loving guy, and if doing something stupid(not drinking or drugs) will be fun to do..i'll do it. Most of you seem like you wouldn't because it would be "pointless" and "stupid".

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I dont see how drinking poison can be considered fun. I do love my life, I love to have fun, but I dont need to drink to do it. I dont smoke or do any of that ####, but again, I dont need to. Most people when they get drunk look so stupid and make total asses of themselves, so whats the point in that? I'm sorry but i just completely disagree with everything you say about this.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

You know Cameron, if you said that to me in person I swear to God I probably would have punched you straight in the face. I think you're taking what i'm actually saying and exadurating(?) it. I hardly EVER drink. I drink maybe 5 times a year, if that.

I think some of you are too up-tight and don't know how to have fun in your life. You're lucky to have a life, which is a great thing. Enjoy it and have fun...don't be so uptight about everything. I'm not trying to be mean, but I can defidently tell us as people would not get a long in real-life. I'm a fun loving guy, and if doing something stupid(not drinking or drugs) will be fun to do..i'll do it. Most of you seem like you wouldn't because it would be "pointless" and "stupid". [/b][/quote]
    Ditto.
    We must live our lives, but without exagerating too much.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I dont see how drinking poison can be considered fun. I do love my life, I love to have fun, but I dont need to drink to do it. I dont smoke or do any of that ####, but again, I dont need to. Most people when they get drunk look so stupid and make total asses of themselves, so whats the point in that? I'm sorry but i just completely disagree with everything you say about this. [/b][/quote]
    Read what I said. I wasn't talking about drinking or drugs. I was talking about in general, a lot of you seem way too uptight.

You people aren't reading what is being said, you're obviously just skimming over it.

I specifically said "not drinking or drugs" in my post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.