New LP Album Out By June 2010?

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Good news. :)

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they're not going to release in 2011, and we'll see a new LP record next year, for several reasons:

1) They want to release music faster. They've stated this several times, and we're already getting years away from M2M.

2) They want to do some radical things, but they're estimating it's going to cost a ton of money, so they're going to spread it out and evolve this concept. That way they don't have to spend years and years working on one gigantic double/triple/quadruple album and can release one album next year with material, another later with material, etc. Evolving their new radical sound over time.

3) They are fans of artists who release music quicker, and they have wanted to do this before but have had troubles in the past. Now they are in complete songwriting mode. The point of DBS and FM was to make them better songwriters and it has. They feel ready to release their material faster and more frequently.

4) They don't want to be predictable.

sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

They better release the record before 2012 because if the Mayans are right we dont have much time left..the end is nearrrr.

TRANSLYDE

TRANSLYDE Well-Known Member

I always thought the reason they took so long to release MTM was because they were on hiatus until 2006 or something?

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

People need to quit taking what the band says so seriously.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Why? You think they're just messing with all their fans and aren't intelligent enough to correctly inform us of what's going on? If so, I disagree.

I also guarantee you the record company wants an album from them asap.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

No offence but that's one of the stupiest statements I've ever seen. I love LP as much as anyone and I genuinely hope that the album is released by June like Chester has said but I'm not gonna sit here and hold the band to that. I'm sure they want it finished and released by then too but at this stage it's far too early to start predicting release dates, especially when you consider Chester's touring cycle with Dead By Sunrise hasn't even started properly yet.

I wouldn't even start predicting release dates until the new year and even then I would say there's no gaurantee whatsoever that it will be released in 2010. Any number of things can halt the progress and release of an album, especially when there are 6 members of a band who all have their own things going on aswell as their commitment to the band.

11:55 had every right to say what he said because the band predicted Minutes To Midnight would be released before it actually was plenty of times. Hell, if we were to believe the band back in 2004 MTM would have been released one, maybe two years before it actually was. Chester didn't say what he said to mess with us, he's just trying to keep some anticipation for the album.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

One of the stupidest statements you've ever seen, right. Read the internet at all? Ever read YouTube comments?

Anyway, I don't think Chester would say something like that if serious progress weren't getting done on the album. Also, like I said, the record label wants a new Linkin Park asap... they've got Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise is going to take off like a rocket soon, I hope.

That said, I also think there's the possibility they'll finish it early next year and the record company will either release it during all the hype or want to milk DBS for another year with a single.

Who knows, we'll see, but I'm still thinking 2010. Not that it's a big deal if it's 2011 but I'm sure they can finish an album through this fall and mid next year, especially if they've already got a decent amount of material written and know the direction they're going, like they've said.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

What is your deal?

I said what I said because, more times than not, what the band says is totally different than what actually happens. People shouldn't get excited until an album name is dropped or some artwork is released or something because right now it's all talk and speculation.

Luke

QFT.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

What? My deal? I strongly disagree with what you've said and am going to stay excited, thanks.

Luke

It's not like we're not psyched to hear the new album (well at least I think I speak for the majority here). We're simply making the point that there's no point hanging on to what Chester said as reassurance that the album will be out by June because in the past we have learnt that the band, while saying things with the best intentions, often mislead when they talk about release dates and whatnot simply because they themselves don't know.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I understand what you guys are saying but I think it's kind of rude to say people need to stop getting excited. This speculation is fun, it might be pointless for the most part, but it helps get us by until we know the album is coming and then the hardcore hype starts. A while ago we didn't even have anything to speculate with. At least there's some activity going on in this place.

My point is I think the band has grown up more than you guys think and you're underestimating them now, feeling let down with how they've done things in the past, but I feel like they know it and have become much more professional since M2M even.

I think they're evolving and there's big reason to get excited. I also think there's a large possibility it'll be released next year, but I know that's also just my hopeful opinion. I know how long it's taken them to release albums in the past, blah blah blah, but people do change and this band has obviously changed a lot over the years. I just feel like they're being very underestimated by longtime fans around here and you're going to be surprised.

pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Babali, please stop shooting crap off. No one wants to hear you go "Fanboy."We're all happy about a new album. We just choose to be reasonable based on their track record.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Read my post above you. I'm not a 'fanboy', you have no idea what you're talking about.

Luke

There's a difference between simply getting excited about when the album's dropping and the sound of the album itself. Believe me, I'm probably just as excited and anxious to hear the new record and I think people should be excited for it. I never made any indication at all that people should not be excited about it. I'm just saying that speculating release is pointless at the moment.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Maybe it is pointless. Oh well. Isn't a lot of the discussion on this message board pointless? The random discussion?? Aren't a lot of your posts random and pointless?

I'm sorry, I guess I thought the purpose of this thread, and the reason Chester said that, was to get us excited and speculating a possible 2010 release. They've said this several times already, that they want it out next year.
    I see nothing wrong with the discussion. We all know nothing is for sure yet, you don't need to keep pointing it out. You're just pooping on our party. Like I said, it's good that people are getting excited about Linkin Park at all and are posting and getting hyped up. Don't ruin it by telling people to stop and that it's pointless.

Luke

Obviously there's no getting through to you. You want us to see your point but you refuse to see anyone elses. Fine. :rolleyes:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Everyone just stop. I can't figure out what exactly you're all arguing about, but I'm sure there's no point to it. If you trust the band on the matter then fine. I do. If you don't then good for you.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

lol controversy.

also lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.