Dream Band...again?!

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by SecondCityKids, Nov 3, 2009.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Tapeworm trumps everything that's been fantasized about in this thread. I don't even want to imagine how many pairs of pants I'd ruin if material from those sessions were ever released. I'd have to buy an entire new wardrobe.

EDIT: Them Crooked Vultures is a distant 2nd to Tapeworm, FYI.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I dunno about Them Crooked Vultures. To me it sounds like a less monotonous Queens of the Stone Age. With me not being a huge QOTSA fan. Still pretty good though.

The Mars Volta is close enough to the best line up ever. Particularly on Frances The Mute.

Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

2 Tapeworm tracks have been released by MJK in an altered form. Passive is awesome, Potions is average imo. Some of it was also used for Saul Williams' album and some of the Marilyn Manson stuff TR produced.
    TR doesn't want any of Tapeworm to be released, because most of the stuff doesn't live up to the expectations built up by just looking at the list of people involved.

Quote by TR: "if the music had been great, all of this probably could have been worked out."

but almost every "supergroup" ends up in disappointment anyway :p

$pvcxGhxztCasey

You must not know who I am, i'm the juggernaut bitchbecause I knew all of that already. Nothing from Tapeworm was used for the "Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust!", it was all unused material from the Fragile sessions. Manson only got a guitar part from a Tapeworm song, that's it, and even then that's still debatable.

Thanks for trying though, it's always nice to see another big Reznor fan on these forums.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

Reznor on Tardust
    Convict Colony
    One of the first tracks we worked on together. We began the process of experimenting together by me giving him I think 10 tracks or so of stuff I had around. Some of it was new, some were orphans from various other projects and none of it was written with Saul in mind - I was just fishing around to see if anything inspired Saul. He came back with the intro drums from a demo I gave him (I think from a Tapeworm track) chopped up into the basics of what you now hear. It was so much better than what I gave him and unexpected - I was sold on the idea of pursuing the relationship and off we went.

but it would still be cool to hear more of this project.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I'm not (and never have been) convinced teitan is actually Trent. But this has nothing to do with dream bands anymore, go and bump my NIN thread if you want to continue this.

think i'm a fire engine

think i'm a fire engine Well-Known Member

If you're talking about Trent Reznor supergroups that never happened, none would ruin my pants quite as well as getting that Zach De La Rocha album that never got quite finished.

But I still think Potions is a pretty good Puscifer song.