Best Band We've Never Heard Of (2)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jordan, Apr 16, 2009.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'll give a shoutout to Spiritfall...I suppose they're semi well-known in the LP community because My Reason was commonly mislabeled as a Linkin Park song, but all of their material is solid stuff. There's a webpage somewhere (that I can't remember off the top of my head) that has their entire discography available, if you can find it, check it out.

...I wouldn't be surprised if I mentioned them in the first thread you made, actually. :lol:

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

I approve. Great find.

MOST Hated

MOST Hated Member

I got it! And Was Hoping You Notice.
    Hey We Both live in PA, Im In Philly!
    I have some Calm songs but..
    I need all 3 of their ep's!! BADLY!!
    So where do we go from here?
    Im new here so i cant message you...

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You could give me your email. I have all 3 of their EP's, which equal 12 songs, but I put them in one album because I couldn't find good enough album art for their EP's. :lol:

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

The best band we have never heard of does not exist. This is the Law of Obscure Music. Questionable Content, yo.

MOST Hated

MOST Hated Member

Juice/Sexart

Brian Armer-Vocals
    Andrew Krause-Guitar
    David Williams-Guitar
    Matt Hoose-Bass
    Mitch Pathe-Drums

Brian "Smily" Armer - vocals
    Ray "Chaka" Solis - guitar
    Tim Fluckey - guitar
    Anthony "Paupo" Cutshall - drums
    Dave Deroo - bass

JUICE MEMBERS:

Brian Armer - vocals
    Ray Solis - guitar
    Tim Fluckey - guitar
    Anthony Cutshall - drums
    Dave Deroo - bass

SEX ART MEMBERS:

Jonathan Davis - Vocals
    (Ty Elam - Vocals)
    (Brian Armer - vocals)
    Ray "Chaka" Solis - Guitar
    Ryan Shuck - Guitar
    Dave DeRoo - Bass
    Dennis Shinn - Drums

Little info about Juice!:
    what relation has Juice with Sex Art?: Juice had Ray Ray Solis (aka "Chaka") on guitar and Dave Deroo on bass, which were both the founding members of SexArt (along with Ryan and Dennis). JD left SexArt in 1993. Sexart temporarily disbanded as they were without a singer until they happened to catch Brian Armer with his band Brother From Another Mother. They approached Armer after a show in October '93, asking him to sing for their band. He joined Sexart for four months until, but conflicts arose within the band and Armer decided to leave.

Brian left to form a band called Glass Cut Eternity (still exists), Ray Ray and Deroo went to form a band called Supermodel with Richard Moral (LAPDs singer). Supermodel didnt last long and Deroo and Ray went back to their hometown Bakersfield in '96 where they caught up with Brian Armer again, and decided to form a new band... they called themselves Juice.

They recorded a demo in 97 with drummer Sean Barger, he got replaced by an old hommie Anthony Cutshall, which was Juices drummer since. Tim Fluckey was in a band called The Unbourn, and the guys thought they needed a second guitarist, so they seduced him to Juice.

They received great recognition as an underground band and everybody held really high hopes for them. They received magazine awards, had a pretty loyal fanbase and were even supposed to be a part of KoRns Family Values 98 (can u fucking believe that?) They received record deals, but the guys didnt like any of them, so they remained unsigned. Recorded Demo 97, Beaute, Demo 99 and few more songs (no Shy is not Juice). In late 1999 they disbanded because the band members wanted to do something different. Tim and Deroo went form Adema, Brian for My Beautiful Secret, Anthony something called Spilt Milk (doesnt exist I think), and Ray was on his own.

If anyone has their cover of u2's sunday bloody sunday. let me know!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

I was gonna say Sonic Youth and/or the Horrors, but

/thread

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Skylit Symphony
    Vanna

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You got mail.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

But everyone has heard of those bands :s

MOST Hated

MOST Hated Member

Pitbull Terrorist http://www.myspace.com/pitbullterrorist

New Band. Metal/GrindCore.
    The Singer Sounds Like DevilDriver Mixed With Black Dahlia Murder
    BUT She Is Female And The Instrumentals Are BRUTAL. The Album
    Pitbull Terrorist- C.I.A. (Contraband International Audio) Clocks Around
    25:39 Minutes. Each Song Is Under 2 Minutes. So Replay Value Is Very High.

THE TERRORISTS

Ursula, vocals
    The lead vocalist was a professional soldier in the Media & communications department of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. During her years of service she held up several unauthorised contacts with the foreign government agents in order to misinform some Russian troops fighting in the Chechnya conflict from 1997 to 1999. After almost a decade the refugee found her way to EU and ended up leading the PBT's Pack. Her current location is unknown, last seen in St. Petersburg.

Herald Flinck, drums
    Flinck was known as a freelance German music manager until being arrested in Madrid, Spain in 2003. After many years of heavy intercontinental drug trafficking and funding several civil activist groups across West and Middle Europe Flinck managed to flee from the authorities and continue his work as a underground, non-armed, black*green-flagged freedom fighter. Current location: Finland and/or Estonia.

John Keu, guitars and vocals
    Seven years of active military career Keu prepared to rearrange his position in the world war today: John, know as an opium addict fled to Bangkok from his assignment in Afghanistan and disappeared from the US intelligence. After working as an informant and mole to several anti-American activist organizations Keu has been hunted in the Northern countries, accused of being an arms salesman.

Jorma 22, bass
    A former high level athlete Jorma got a serious drug addiction due to almost a lethal sports injury in the year 2001, positioning him outside society. A counter strike against the pharmacy industry was given in a form of 3 bomb attacks in January 2004. Since that Jorma has been in the top of Finland¹s most wanted criminal list. Nowadays the bomber has been working in the underground and controlling the PBT Pack International's HQ.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Mary Jane Kelly

Named after Jack the Ripper's last victim. Hailing from Australia, they're a straight up melodic hardcore band without the "metal" prefix. Great live and their studio material is excellent as well. They've just released their debut EP, "Our Streets Turn White", this year. Check them out.

I'll post some more when I've got some more free time.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

I like the sound of them, so I will definitely see them January 20th in Melbourne!

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Really don't like Mary Jane Kelly, sorry.

Truth From Facts - Great experimental math rock/post-hardcore band from Australia. You can listen/download a couple songs off their website - http://www.truthfromfacts.org/

Hazards Of Swimming Naked - One of the best bands in Australia at the moment. They play un-cliched post-rock with a kind of shoegaze influence. Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/hazardsofswimmingnaked

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Iris - Really cool electronic/alternative band with lots of pop elements. Great band to sit, listen and chill out to.

In This Moment - Hard rock with lots of melody fronted by one of the hottest and most talented female singers in rock. I highly reccommend every guy check out the video for their cover of Blondie's Call Me but I warn you, you will get horny. :lol:

Buckethead - I'm surprised that alot of people have never heard of him when he's clearly one of the best guitarists of our time. He's fucking weird (he wears a white mask with a KFC bucket on his head) and he spent some time in Guns n Roses (I think all of Chinese Democracy bar two songs involved his input on his guitar). He has about 24 solo albums released and any guitar lover won't ever get tired of hearing his songs. He is insanely good.

Alestorm - Pirate metal, what more needs to be said? :lol:

People In Planes - A really great band who released their debut album last year. Great mixture of alternative rock with some indie style riffs and post grunge feel.

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

The "Call Me" vid? Really? She looks way hotter in the "Prayers" video.