If you go to concerts...

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Andrea, Dec 5, 2009.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Have you ever gotten something directly from the band/artist that you saw? Like drumsticks, guitar picks, set lists, a picture with the band, etc...

I have gone to so many shows in my life so far and I've only gotten three things directly from a band/artist. In my case, all three were on the same night lol.

On August 24th, 2008, I saw John Mayer w/ OneRepublic in Atlantic City, NJ. That night I got the lead singer of OneRepublic, Ryan Tedder, set list. Below is the set list:

[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/Pecan603/CIMG4578.jpg[/thumb]

I also caught one of Ryan Tedder's and John Mayer's guitar picks when they were thrown. Ryan's was the black one, John's was the light blue one, as seen below:

[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/Pecan603/CIMG4584.jpg[/thumb]

I have a huge collection of things from all the shows I've been to over the years (like PIT wristbands, promotional posters, even confetti that fell during a concert lol etc...), but these are the only things I got right from a band member.

Anyone else have some luck at shows?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

When I went to Campus Invasion in 2008, I got a poster signed by all the acts and got to pose with members of The Spill Canvas, Kim from America's Next Top Model and Gabe from Cobra Starship.

I will post pictures then.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've got Say Anythings setlist from the first time they played in Manchester and a guitar plec from Chad from NFG.

I've also met both of the bands and got photos with each of them.

Also, when Say Anything played in Liverpool with The Outline in Liverpool I met the guys from The Outline and got their CD signed.

Other than that, I don't think I've gotten anything else. Apart from metting Gym Class Heroes. :)

Edit: Chads plec is orange and has a picture of Ariel from The Little Mermaid on it. Guess he likes the red-heads :lol:

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

i got Trent Reznor's shirt from the NIN concert a couple of months ago

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I caught a drumstick from Placebo's former drummer.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I caught a few picks before. of all things picks lol. and a drum stick from Aaron Gillispie but that wasnt much of a big deal because I met him a few hours before lol

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I caught a bass plec when I saw NIN in '07

I've managed to meet Kevin Devine twice before his last two gigs in manchester

I even met William Beckett from the academy is in a bar in town after this years Give It a Name

And I've also managed to bump into the singer and the bassists from Atreyu, Adam Lazarra from TBS and Travis from Coheed all on oxford road in manchester (though not all at the same time lol).

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Jerry Cantrell handed me an alice in chains jerry cantrell signiture pick after their small show in london in august. I now don't leave home without it. I did also have a Linkin Park guitar pick that Mike threw out at the london astoria gig in 07 but I lost it. :(

Also Patrick Nissley and Jared Piccone from Innerpartysystem have bought me drinks at two camden barfly gig afterparties after I bought them one. :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

On Saturday night I caught a drumstick from the Karnivool drummer.
    I also got given a drumhead signed by members of Parkway Drive if that also counts lol.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I have met an extreme amount of bands. So I've got a lot of signatures. I've got photos with All Time Low, Blink 182, Sugarcult and Reel Big Fish. Possibly a few more but I can't remember.
    I caught Mike Herrera's from mxpx bass pick when I saw them. And I have like 8 picks from Tom and Mark from Blink 182 (I got to watch their show from the side of the stage and was allowed to go on stage afterwards and get them). Also when I met Shaun from Crowned King he gave me a badge thingy. Think that's it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Ummm, what, how? :blink:

I have confetti/butterflies from Coldplay. That's pretty much it.