The Linkin Park Association Version 4.0 Is Here!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome To LPA 4.0!

Hello everybody, and welcome to version 4 of The Linkin Park Association! When we first began work on Version 4 of this site back in the late summer of 2009, we knew we had our work cut out for us, and that the fourth version of the LPA needed to be more than just a simple re-skin of the site and forums. With 2009 coming to an end, and with us going into our eighth year of service to the Linkin Park fan community, we knew we had to make sure that the next version was something special, and out of that mentality and determination LPA4 was born.

In many ways we consider LPA4 to be the best version of the site since we launched back in 2002. For starters, looking around our front page at http://www.lpassociation.com, you may happen to notice several improvements or changes to the website over it's previous iteration. These changes were done not only to make the website feel more fresh and easy to navigate, but also with the intent of making LPA a one stop source for all Linkin Park news and information.

For instance:

- New Easier To Use Music Section: Previously, when clicking on "Music" in LPA3 you were greeted with a very long drop down menu, that listed all albums the band has made to date, with our discography being at the very bottom and hard to find. Many people were unaware that we actually had a main "music" section that you could access with LPA3, and with LPA4 we made it our goal to make it easier for you to find all the album information you need. As a result, the new Music section is now divided into three sections.

• Releases: In Releases, albums are now sorted by "Official Releases", "Demos, Eps, Etc", and "Singles". By clicking on an album cover, you will be taken right to that album's individual page, where you can find interesting information on each album, as well as read lyrics and view scans of the each album's packaging. For the first time since the site's conception we now have information on Pre-Linkin Park releases (Sean Dowdell and His Friends, Grey Daze, The Snax) as well as information on the side projects (Dead By Sunrise and Fort Minor) as well.

• Discography: Although already very detailed, we have now updated our already popular LPA discography to include the latest releases (Download To Donate/Transformers 2 Soundtrack), as well as to include thumbnails of many album covers to serve as a resource for all Linkin Park collectors. Although some releases do not currently have covers posted, it is our goal over time to have the entire discography filled with images, and that is something we will be concentrating on in the months ahead.

• All Songs: Lastly, with LPA4 we are introducing a brand new section called "All Songs". In All Songs, we have listed every song attributed to the band (Including Pre-Linkin Park work) in alphabetical format. With this new section you can instantly find lyrics/tabs [if applicable] on every song and confirm if that 'amazing song you heard on limewire!' is actually a Linkin Park song or just a mislabeled fake.

- New Gallery: One of the largest and most impressive improvements we have made with this new version is our brand new gallery where we added 4,000+ new files bringing the gallery total to over 7,500 new images. Some additions include...

• Exclusive Blu-Ray Screenshots: With LPA4, we are the first Linkin Park fansite on the internet to have high resolution (1080p) screen shots of Road To Revolution, New Divide and Chester's appearances in Crank 1 and Crank 2.
    • Large screenshots of every DVD/Music Video Release to date (including Reanimation, Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise)
    • High Resolution official photographs of Fort Minor, Linkin Park and Dead By Sunrise
    • Scans of all major Linkin Park releases; as well as The Snax, Grey Daze and Xero and more

- Redesigned Tour Section/New Live Outreach: We have redesigned our Tour section to be easier to view as well as to list every Linkin Park/Fort Minor/Dead By Sunrise show to date. Cleverly displayed through the use of google maps, this list is arranged by year, and users wishing to find dates in their country can do so by simply typing their location into the search form on the tour section itself. Also, for the first time since the forums have been around, the LPA will now be allowing Linkin Park/Fort Minor/DBS bootlegs, officially released DSPs and fan videos to be posted on our forums for download, in order to make LPA a more enjoyable community.

Speaking of...

- New Forum Design, Rules And Experience: With LPA4, we knew that we could not just simply re-think the site, and re-skin the forums without making some well needed changes. Therefore, affective immediately the LPA Forums will now have a new set of easier to follow, more lenient rules which can be found here. Many of these rule changes were made with our visitors in mind, and we believe that fans will respond greatly to the changes and find our community more enjoyable to be on than ever before. We've also listened to your concerns and have designed a much wider forum design than we had in LPA3, eliminating many of the forum stretching issues that we encountered in the previous release. Also, with our new forum software: vBulletin 4 you can now post videos from all major video sharing sites including Vimeo, Facebook and Youtube!

- LPA Mobile: LPA has now been adapted to be 100% mobile compatible on most mobile phones. By going to lpassociation.com through your cell phone's internet browser, you can now view our site as well as post to our forums in a convenient and easy to read mobile skin.

- And of course there is much much more...

So what're you waiting for? Head on over to www.lpassociation.com now and enjoy all of the brand new features we have in store. Don't forget to view the "LPA" section to meet the staff/read the site's history, and be sure to check the Downloads section where we now have mp3s to download as well as large wallpapers/avatars made by our very own staff.

Or if you're feeling chatty...feel free to enjoy our brand new forum design and discuss it with our busy community right here on these forums!

A Few Notes:

- The LPA now is fully social network integrated, and can be found on Facebook, Last.FM, Twitter, Youtube and Ning via our "Community" menu.

- Luke has been added on as a full LPA team member to help out with the new site (CONGRATULATIONS LUKE!)

- Bug issues/site suggestions can be reported through the contact us link under "LPA" in the top menu.

- And of course: LPA R0x0rz.

Best Regards,
    The Linkin Park Association Staff

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Always great to see upgrades...this place will never die!

...as long as our crew is here takin' care of it, anyways :lol:

Lookin' good, guys.

...and yes, I'm still alive out here :lol:

(oh, and that LPA mobile thing? Genius. I know how I'm spending my downtime at work now)

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I came here an hour ago and just saw a huge 4 and "Coming Soon" written under it, and assumed the band were surprising everyone with fourth album details and that LPA got exclusive details or something.

Still looks nice though.

Derek

We told people it had nothing to do with the 4th album. People just didn't listen lol.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I like the majority of it, I just hate the white forums. I do like the new width though.

Derek

We wanted to go brighter because we felt LPA3 was too dark. Down the road we will make an alternate version with a darker color scheme. No problem.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEESOME!

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Hadn't checked in in a while.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Awesome guys. Everything looks great

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Have you all read the second dash under "A Few Notes..."? *cough cough*

Welcome aboard, Luke! :D

SecondCityKids

Does that mean the orange contributor group is gone or is it still going to be around?

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm assuming it's gone for now. It might be brought back if we need it to.

Derek

Still around, it's just Luke has been promoted! :)

SecondCityKids

oh ok. Well Congrats Luke
    Now your vote for best staff member in the LPA awards can be justified =]

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

lol I didn't notice that I wasn't logged in. Anyways, I like it. It's got a good feel to it.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Congratulations Luke!!

Great changes LPA. Many of them is a proud achievement, such as the Firsts, the redesign and the thoughtfulness, commitment and love that you have for this Forum. I am very pleased.

+ the new way to quote someone is very convinent!

That crazy Asian dude that won't leave.
    -Maverick68. :lol:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I like the light color scheme. Very pleasing to the eyes. Good job guys :)

edit: Bigger place for sig? Awesome! :D

magpie

magpie Member

I actually like the change... a lot cleaner easier to navigate around and more brighter :D cheers LPA team

Evil Chris

Evil Chris Member

Excellent work on the site, I wish you guys all the best and I will continue to visit daily as I have since 1.0.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

HOLY SH*T. :eek:

Wow -- nice work, guys. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.