Mike Confirms Album Due Out 'Towards The End Of The Year'

Discussion in 'News' started by Luke, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

In a recent interview with MTV at their recent appearance at the grammys, Mike Shinoda has confirmed that the 4th Linkin Park album will be out towards the end of the year:

"Toward the end of the year, we're going to have a new record out...It's produced by myself and Rick Rubin."

The band, who lost out to AC/DC in the 'best hard rock performance' category at the grammys, have promised their most unique and diverse album yet. Stay tuned to the new and improved Linkin Park Association for more updates on the new album!

Source: MTV via Make it Cool

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

then it goes from to the end of the year to the middle of 2011
    ha
    nah(hopefullly at least)

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Hopefully it won't get pushed back any further than that. I'm really looking forward to the new record.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Sure am looking forward to that 2nd quarter 2012 release date. Sure is going to be worth it probably maybe.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Well I'm pissed. But whatever. It just better be worth the wait.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

it'll be out by spring. no wait november.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

MMMM ME NOTTT LIEK ALBRUM PUSSSSH BAK. ME WANT ROB TO GO BANGG BANGG :(

Gilb3R

Gilb3R where's my fucking frapuccino?

yAaAAAAaAaAY!!! This makes the wait even worsssssE!!!

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Saw it comin...

Really anticipating how the album will sound. It's keelin meee

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I think the Mike Shinoda Calendar Year ends in August of next year unfortunately. :p

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

ha..i saw this one coming...first they said spring 2010, then winter, then by June, now by the end of the year....boy i cant to hear more about it..and the release date, album name, art, maybe a single in June of 2012...i swear Linkin Park CANNOT make up their minds! That is ONE thing i cant stand...they cant make up their minds lol. ughhh now i gotta wait longer =(

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Mike said something that contradicted earlier remarks which were more or less conjecture. o noez

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

actually in a video a little while after m2m was out they said they were going to try to hurry up but for the fans of the band, they know how they change their minds so they make no promises... well that was the gist of it anyway

Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

Sucks to agree with the naysayers but it seems like mid 2011 is what we should look up to in terms of the album.

Hm, it's gonna be a 4 years gap between albums again. :eek: And easily 2 years for the writing and recording. I know they're doing a lot of other things too, but that is very long. A year of work on the album is in many cases long enough to create a highly experimental or highly conceptual album. It's scary to think how slow they are. ;) Unless they've resurrected the idea of audiovisual stuff but I doubt that.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

hopefully it leaks three months early like Thrice/The Used. :lol:.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I find myself with the notion that Linkin Park isn't exactly at the very top of their list of priorities to be honest. There are so many other matters to attend outside of the band of which includes family, and various other projects that a majority of the fanbase are not aware of. I place utmost faith in their work ethic, and desire to push out a quality studio album as swiftly as possible, but I think by now it's safe to assume that the intervals between each album now, and in the future will amount to a hefty three-to-four years every cycle caused by the numerous undertakings that several of the band-members have occupied themselves with. They are responsible and take great care into perfecting whatever project they get tapped into, thus possibly taking away from pouring all of their energy into producing that truly solid and full-of-impact studio album.

Furthermore I don't think that the band itself is slow. Instead, (as we all know) I think that they simply cannot sit with a conceived musical idea or theme and be happy with it. As with the previous exposition to their style of writing and producing music in the past, we've been notified as to just how much they tend to re-write, and re-work a majority of their tracks. This usually leads to a sound that some deem to be 'overproduced' or as I perceive: 'watered down'. Nonetheless, it is inspirational to know that they give so much care and attention to their work. And, I suppose it's hard to say exactly which tracks really did end up being stellar due to the seemingly never-ending flow of re-workings of a track.

So conclusively..yada yada yada..time will tell. I hope we'll be blown away instead of having experiencing another 'whimper' that is MTM. But a lovely whimper it was I suppose..?

No. No more whimpers. Usher in another behemoth as you did with Hybrid Theory!

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

what? =(

OH please LP! dont tour from march - may...I will have my final exams at school...the most important onces...I'm now really wasted

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If that was directed at me, my point was that they hadn't really given any guarantees regarding the release date. They still haven't come to think of it. It's disappointing that it probably won't come out earlier, but I don't think they've given any solid dates yet and at this point it's a matter of months anyway.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

This is anticlimactic :(

I was 99% sure the album would come out on the first half of 2010.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'd be surprised if anyone didn't see this coming lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.