Chester Comments On New Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

hmmm. thats very true in alot of way. But Linkin Park is truly the only band that I know that says alot of different stuff about their album while its being made. Like what we heard Chester say. May not happen. I understand they are under alot of pressure being one of the biggest bands in the world. but there are alot of big bands that dont crack under it. I kinda see Mike's "equation" comment as a way of showing he is frustrated. Like irritated. Can LP handle the pressure? HT was awesome. Meteora. Good album but not as good as HT. MTM different but still not as good. Is LP decreasing as the time goes on. I hope not. and what if this album doesnt kick all sort of ass like chester says it does. what then?. Will it be the same case as MTM where it wasnt really worth all the hype (to me)But this is just my opinion. but im sure someone here will come and pick my post apart

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

After reading this entire thread,
    everyone has very different opinions on this topic. People saying that LP shouldn't take so much time, or saying they should or they're losing they're touch blah blah blah.
    Wether we like it or not.. were waiting for a new LP album. Why? because those guys work they're fucking ass off to create something that they love and think that we love. Be happy that they didn't call it quits because they could if they wanted too. but no. theyre sticking to something they love doing and thats 1. making music and 2. pleasing the fans atleast theyre trying. for god sakes, make the guys do their thing!!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

QFT.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

This thread, and Mike's blog post, is exactly why I don't get caught up in the hoopla. All I know, and all I care about, is that they're working on a new record. When it comes out, I'll buy it. I wish everyone would do the same.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm sure everyone will buy the album, that itself is not in question. What is in question for many people though is when the album will come out, and how good it will sound. We'll find out soon enough :).

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i say it again on this board: they shouldn't set any kind of release date before actually knowing for sure that a release at a certain time is possible. they rather should take their time and just shut up about how this album sounds (at a state where it is still MONTHS till completion) or when it MIGHT be released. no one would be pissed and just forget about them working on it.
    it pisses me off that we always get a new release date every month and a new cryptic description. stay in your studio and finish that thing but don't bother us all the time, for christs sake. when you come out with a finished album you can start the promotion.
    all of you shouldn't forget, that the day they are finished it will still take 3 months for the release because of huge promotion and street teams where everyone can print out flyers and reference links everyone will put in their sig to check out the new single and what not. writing about it makes me want to eat a child.

decision made: fuck off lp until we get something NEW to listen to. i won't comment nor waste any thoughts about any more "genuine" blog posts or twitter messages. thank you.

Derek

Telling the band to "fuck off" is a tad severe don't you think? Again, they're just people. Not gods. I think people need to realize that.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Yeah, telling them to "fuck off" is definitely a bit severe, as well as immature.:rolleyes:

The album will come out when it comes out. And the reason the band gives us little tidbits is because it's exciting to hear about progress the band is making. I think it's exciting.

Luke

I think a few people need to calm down with their comments. Telling the band to fuck off is disgraceful Trumtram...I think everyone needs to remember that the band don't have to do shit for us. They're well inclined to call it quits after being named the most successful rock act of the 21st century so far but (surprise surprise) they love what they do and they want to please their fans.

Everyone stop being angry at the band...if you're pissed off with them then vent it elsewhere please, this thread has enough negativity in it. Let's show some excitement for the new album whenever it may come out and whatever it may sound like. I'm as annoyed as everyone else that we have to wait longer for the album but at the end of the day these updates on the album given by the bandmembers are just to keep our interests up...They have us in mind when they post/say them. I think Mike's blog post was a reflection of how taken back he was over the quite frankly absurd reaction that the album will be pushed back a few months. Look at it this way - there are plenty of bands who take longer to release albums than LP.

Everyone chill. :)

Freddie92

Freddie92 Member

OMG. chester just commented what i said about the record. it was like a dream come true:D:D:D

Derek

What did you say to him?

Trumtram

yeah, i was going over the top there. i apologize for that.

lp does a lot for their fans and i forgot that for a split second. still their announcements bother me. but put the words wrong there.

again, i'm sorry!

*takes chillpill* ;)

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Aha, I just read back and saw Mike's algebra equation. That's hilarious and I love him. :lol:

Luke

It's okay. I think the anticipation of the new album is getting the better of everyone. :)

Derek

I think it's tougher to wait knowing they are apparently trying to make a new sound. Everyone wants to know what this new sound is, and it's getting difficult to wait. We just gotta hang in there.

Luke

I think this will be the most epic album yet. I said this when MTM came out - now that the band has reinvented their sound they can now build from that and branch off into different avenues of ideas.

I'm hoping for more electronic sounds though. If New Divide was anything to go by whatsoever, it's that Mike is using live synth sounds now as apposed to just using his Korg Triton (I think that's what it is...) to play Piano and Strings and that's brilliant news. I've always wanted an LP song similar to the Reanimation remix of Place For My Head - a song with really powerful bass synths.

Trumtram

actually i feel pretty bad right now for what i said :D. damn, something got me worked up. guess my exams today and 6 days of learning for hours took their toll on me... again, i am ashamed of my behaviour.

about the new album, well, i think it will be a great album. still im not sure if it will be their best. the "new lp = awesome" factor is too high like always.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

This thread is pretty funny. It seems like people don't really appreciate this band for who they are at all. Why aren't you people(not all, but a lot, especially those commenting on Mike's blog and such) fans of music and the art, not just your certain type of music? Hell, I'm open to pretty much all music. I listen to anything from the Spice Girls' solo albums to The Brian Jonestown Massacre. As an artistic sort of person I guess it's easy to be inspired by practically anything, you might know what I'm talking about? But everyone's different, you might not be that way, probably aren't. I can only speak for myself.

I say just appreciate the music and whatever they put out. Unfortunately you will probably always really dislike certain songs and releases(you can't be pleased by everything), but there is so much music out there, millions of records that are brilliant. If Linkin Park didn't even release the next record,would that even be such a bad thing? Do you really need another one that badly? I'd rather they just do what they want to do.

To me, Linkin Park is a band like Air or Steely Dan, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, etc. where they spend a lot of time perfecting their sound(Mike is an absolutely amazing artist/producer/songwriter) and it may sound super simple but they really put their hearts in to it. Out Of Ashes is one of my favorite releases of 2009. There were lots, but I still listen to it every single day and think Chester is fucking genius.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Delta Epsilon

Delta Epsilon Active Member

"Mix HT and M2M"? For the first time in a while, my interest is piqued considerably.

projectfallback

projectfallback Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for some slick lyrics that are clever, make you think 'that was cool', know what I mean?

Like how in Hit The Floor, 'and all the lies have got you floating up above us all, but what goes up has got to fall', they use the connection of floating and falling to imply that the bad guy will meet his demise eventually. Might not be the best example because many people don't like that song, but for me that section gives me chills every time I hear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.