LPU March Madness at LP Association!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    tobasko

tobasko Member

Hi, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Vlad and I am from Russia , St.Petersburg city.
    Well, my case of encounter with LP art isn't unique at all.It was 7 years ago and as a matter of fact, I don't even remember what song was a first one that I listened to.
    The only thing I remember is how STRONG was the influence that those song exerted on me. First time I thought that is was just momentary addiction. But the older I get- the more clear I realized that this band is now part of me(yep, like a song title^^) I was in two concerts in Saint Petersburg which was awesome. And LP like a wine - from year to year they become only better.

LPU Username: tobasko

lucis413

lucis413 New Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park, my brother had purchased the Hybrid Theory CD and I was fascinated by the sound. I had not heard anything like it before. My brother and I never had a good relationship and, despite my efforts, were near mortal enemies for the entire time we have known each other. I've not seen him in seven years, though, if there is one thing I can be thankful to him for, it is the musical influence that he introduced to me, namely Linkin Park. My fondest memories of hearing the cd are seeing my brother jump up and down on his bed singing to "One Step Closer" when upset with his girlfriend, and then racing with my father on "Project Gotham Racing", "Rallisport Challenge", and "Midnight Club 2". I still cherish these memories because they are the times in which I have been influenced most by the fluidity of the music composure and when I have been brought closer to family. I hope my brother still shares this one common interest to this day.

LPU Username: Krimson13

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If you are having any trouble activating your account on the forums (or if you haven't gotten an activation email) do not panic! Just simply contact us via the form at the top of our page...or even better, post a shout on the shoutbox stating your issue (as even non activated members can do that) and you will be activated immediately. Thanks!

Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

My story is a bit weird but , when I was 12 back in 2000 I didn't had a good music sense and thought pop music was the only music out there. one time then I went to cd shop and on I saw on the tv OSC and "In the end" I was so blasted away and curious. After I watched the mv i walked straight to the employee and said I want that cd by that BAND! After that I listened to HT constantly 24 h.

And still to this day 10 years later listening to this record it's still got a fresh revolutionary touch to it.

LPU Username: Ivan88

Nessa

Nessa New Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park was when my sister listened to "Somewhere I Belong" in her room. I liked the song, but I was 8 years old and not that much into music. When "Numb/Encore" came out, a freind of mine was searching for it in the internet but could only remember that Linkin Park or something did that song, so she started searching for more LP music and showed me the songs... Since then, I love Linkin Park!

I remember how confused I was when I read the titles of the tracks on Reanimation...I thought those songs were any fucked up rmx ore something a fan did LOL

LPU Username: Nessa128

F1st3R

F1st3R Well-Known Member

When I heard the first time Linkin Park, it was by a friend of my brother when his phone was ringing (now I know its Numb^^). When I heard it I knew it was something special and I wanted to hear more. But unfortunately he didn't told me how the band's name was... ;( After one or two years I saw Linkin Park on MTV and I was really thrilled when I heard them. They were playing What I've Done. They immediately became my favorite band! I started hearing more from there in YouTube and there I even found out that the ringtone of my brothers friend was their song. (I think this is a sign^^) Soon I purchased all of their albums and listen to them non stop ;)

edit: LPU Name: F1st3R

ps: sorry for bad english:))

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Don't fret. We may (keyword being may) have a non-LPU contest in a few weeks. We're trying to keep this place active!

LPUAdit

LPUAdit Member

I first heard linkin park when i heard their first single, One Step Closer. Man, that was a pro song :p. My friend suggested it to me, so i was really thankful to him. Well, until then i have been obsessed with Linkin Park. Its been 10 years and I have never gotten tired of him. And i'm happy to be part of Linkin Park Association now :)

LPU Username: adit

Mitch

Mitch YTB

I was a bit late into hearing Linkin Park. The first song I actually heard though was In the End in 2002. I was actually at a grand final of a basketball game I was playing in when I heard it, and being 10 years old I had to ask someone what song it was. I then preceded to buy Hybrid Theory and got Meteora and Live in Texas as soon as it came out.

LPU Username: Mitchy

LadyNumb

LadyNumb New Member

The first time I heard the name "Linkin Park" was around 5 years ago. A friend of mine made me see a video when there was the song "Somewhere I Belong". Well, it was love at first sight!
    Then, less than 2 days after, in my room there was "Live in Texas", followed by the other albums :)
    Really love at first sight. I'm so glad to follow this amazing band, it's the only thing that makes me feel good in this life.
    Thank You, Linkin Park... the best band of the world.

LPU Username: _LadyNumb_

pegasusrocks

pegasusrocks New Member

Thanks Derek! Much luv from LPUHQ!

I don't remember my first LP encounter...but I do remember the first time hearing CRAWLING live at my first LP show, and vowing to learn every word....the rest...is history.

-jess m

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

First time I heard Linkin Park was when I was about 14 years old in my living room and to be honest I can't remember which song I heard first it was either One Step Closer, In the End or Crawling that came on Kerrang tv. In the End was the song that got me loving LP as much as I do today.

LPU username: Linkinsteve12

thegluelpfan

thegluelpfan New Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park was 2001 I think and it was at a friend's house.We watched the video on MTV and I fell in love with it the moment I heard it.Then I asked my friend "Who are those guys?" and she told me that they're just some band.But I knew there was something special...so about 2 years later a friend of mine found a Meteora tape on the street and she "officially" introduced me to LP.I'm hardcore fan ever since:)
    LPU username:thegluelpfan

ChazzLady

ChazzLady New Member

I looked at March,6 .2001( the birthday of my granny)the video One Step Closer "and I thought, very good band! But I was not yet convinced. Since that time including Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach and many other good bands were out. And I bought the album from LP and looked at the new video crawling and from then I´m the biggest LP fan. Thanks for all. Kiss Chazzlady (i´m an LPU Member.

ChazzLady

ChazzLady New Member

Sorry for my english . I´m learn. I hope you understand me. LP is so important to me.

dagamelp

dagamelp New Member

The first time I heard LP was back in 1999. My best friend wanted to go watch a movie and when we got to the theater, there wasn't really anything out that we was calling our interest. We decided to watch Dracula 2000 since it had just come out that weekend. The movie was okay, but at the end of the movie when the credits were about to roll, this riff started playing that just somehow hypnotized me! And then when the rest of the song continued to play, I was just like "What the hell was that?! I need to know who they are!" The song was One Step Closer of course. The next day at school I told a few friends about it and one of them was able to find the song on Napster (the way we downloaded music back in the days). I proceed to get the album and it was one of the best experiences! Every song on Hybrid Theory could easily be a single for LP! I've been a fan ever since and an LPU member since 2.0.

Username: Dagamelp

LinkinPark2002

LinkinPark2002 Well-Known Member

LPU Username: BTM

The first time I heard LP was in 4th grade. Right around Meteora release. A little before I think. My friend down the street showed me the song My December. I remember I bought Reanimation later that day because it had My December on it(I didn't know it was the remix). I have been hooked and they have been my favorite band ever since that day 7 or so years ago.

Mycophycophyta

Mycophycophyta New Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park was when I was in the fifth grade one of my friends had an iPod and he said he had some awesome music he wanted me to hear. The song he showed me was Breaking the Habit. I didn't get into Linkin Park right away after that but soon did after I my cousin burned me Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, and Meteora.

My LPU username: Mycophycophyta

mitra

mitra New Member

I first heard Linkin Park when I was in college in India. The song was Somewhere I Belong which I heard in TV. That was the first time I came across LP and became a fan instantly. Since then I have been a huge LP fan, I could just connect with most of the songs and listened to them day in and day out which somehow helped deal with the frustrations of life :). The songs use to take me away from reality into a zone which I loved staying in. I guess the lyrics and the music used to increase the adrenaline to very high level :). Something I found out later, I share my birthday with Chester Bennington.

LPU Username: mitra

LPf8nT

LPf8nT New Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park was when I was about 13 finishing 8th grade. My dad randomly found this YouTube video of Halo (the first one) scenes set to this song called "In The End". ; ) When I heard it I was like: "OMG! Who is that and why haven't I heard of them before?!" After that I proceeded to scour the internet for Linkin Park related music and info. From that day forth I have been a HUGE fan, supporter, and LPU member (with the exception of LPU8 due to money issues haha) and will always be. Linkin Park's members are all my heroes and role models and have made a HUGE difference in my life. =)

LPU Username: EckoDragon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.