LPU March Madness at LP Association!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linkinladie328

linkinladie328 Active Member

I was 10 years old, in the 5th grade, and my friend Seth turned to me and was said, “There’s this band called Linkin Park and they have a song that goes ‘Shut up when I’m talking to you!’” I had never heard of them or wasn’t into rock at that time, so I just laughed and said that’s cool. A few days later, I was doing errands with my mom and I happened to put it on KROQ and the DJ said it was One Step Closer by Linkin Park and the song began to play. I turned it up to listen to what my friend Seth was talking about and there was this immediate attraction. I became so interested in these guys. That’s a day I will never forget: the first time I heard Linkin Park.

My mom, on the other hand, responded with, “What is this?! Why is he screaming?” And to this day, she still asks that question. Hahahah :)

I'll be 20 in eighteen days!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. Todd Jensen

Todd Jensen Now with 110% more awesome!

The first time I heard Linkin Park was when I was in 7th grade, I was at home on youtube and saw a video called "In The End by Linkin Park", so I decieded to watch it and it was the best thing I have ever heard! I instantley fell in love with Linkin Park! The rap and rock we're mixed so well and it sounded so amazing! I couldn't get enough of Linkin Park. And I've loved Linkin Park ever since.
    My LPU username is: Todd_Jensen

3. rawrzar

rawrzar Member

As I was roaming the streets of Six Flags when I was ten years old back in the summer of 2003, one of the speakers began playing "In The End." I immediately got caught into the band, and it was one of the first bands I ever really listened to. They introduced me to the rest of the music world, and have been my favorite band since.

LPU Username: rawrzar

4. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

The first time I listened to linkin park was when I actually didn't like listening to them, at least the song I had listened to. I was at my sister's house one day and I was listening to Fort Minor ( I was a big hip-hop-rap junkie at the time) My sister's husband and my brother in-law, Ilya, knew the relationship between Fort Minor and Linkin Park, but of course at time I had no idea of the relation. He decided to show me papercut.. and my first opinion of the song was that it sucked harcore, and still didn't know of the relation. Several months later, while on the Fort Minor myspace page, I noticed that linkin park was on his top friends list, so I decided to give a listen to them, and when listening to faint, I finally figured out 1+1=2, and absolutely fell in love, continuing to be my favorite band to this day. I do note that Papercut's studio version is one of my least favorite songs, I love listening to the live version. Moral of the story: Not all in-laws are bad!

LPU username: Bennoda

5. Thiiiago

Thiiiago New Member

The first time I've heard Linkin Park was my friend show me one best song.. In The End! I was there house and my friend show me that music and video clip. Sinze then I listen everyday Linkin Park's songs!

LPU username: THIIIAGO

6. Marcelo

Marcelo New Member

The First time that i heard LP, was in march, 2002, I was only 12 years and was in friend's home making the homework, and soon in the room of his house, I was watching TV on channel MTV and was passing the clip In The End. And from that day I started looking for information on members and study on the band, at that time had no access to internet, then had to buy magazines and go searching for sources of news from international bands, I bought the CD(Hybrid Theory) and my passion, after that day, only increased. Love LP ♥

LPU USERNAME: Marcelo

7. phill715

phill715 New Member

Wow... the first time I heard Linkin Park. Okay, so I was on the bus in about 3rd or 4th grade, when my best friend was listening to Hybrid Theory in his CD player. I was like, "Hey, who's Linkin Park?" and he was like, :eek:. He proceeded to show me Runaway, and since then, it's been my favorite song on Hybrid Theory. The first Linkin Park album I got was Meteora, and it eventually turned into the collection that I have today. Username phill715

8. threewingedfury

threewingedfury New Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park was in late December of 2000. I was listening to MTV late one night as entertainment while cleaning up the house and putting up the Christmas tree. Not paying very much attention at all, I heard the most unique song playing in the background that caught my attention. I had to stop everything I was doing to watch, and I absolutely fell in love. Loved everything about the music and Chester was just the tip of the iceburg ;-) One Step Closer had me hooked. I went out the next morning as soon as I woke up and bought the cd. From then on, I was hooked.

LPU Username: threewingedfury

9. LPUSilentShock

LPUSilentShock Active Member

It feels like so long ago, but the first time I heard Linking Park was just after release of the Crawling video on MTV. We were on the bus and my friend down the street handed me a CD to let me listen to the new band he found and I've been hooked since. The first song I heard was Papercut, obviously, but it was the deep lyrics of Crawling that kept me listening.

"Against my will I stand beside my own reflection. It's haunting how I can't seem to find myself again"

LPU : SilentShock

10. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Back in 2000, I remember I was in my bedroom watching MTV and I saw One Step Closer video. I think some of my friends had talked to me about a new band called Linkin Park, but I really didn't pay attention to it, because rock was not my thing those days. Then, I got the HT cd (not an original copy btw :D) and I loved it. Then, I started downloading shows and when Meteora came out, I bought it immediately. Today, I've got their whole discography and I'm a LPU member since 2007.

LPU username : danielpsoad09

11. t2ma15

t2ma15 New Member

i first saw the video "one step closer" on sony television channel at home it was 10 pm in 2000 Year, the monk walking and the kids fallowing him to a hidden place got me thinking this will be another Pop video, with some stupid kid dancing misteriuosly on a exclusive DANCE club...them the guitar started...i cannot take this anymore!!" Chester´s angry voice... the lyrics, the music, the actitud!! represented perfectly how tired and unconform i was with my life..with the status quo i was suppose to keep, the restricitions...CUZ IM ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE AND IM ABOUT TO BREAK...how can someone not relate to it, i didnt know who they where but i was hook, it became my anthem until this day... ¨" in the end" later on help to recover atfer getting my heart broken, all LP songs are charge with basic undenible emotions that fills my heart and makes me feel undesrtood and alive.i dont know another artists, groups or individuals on any specialty who can evoque sadness, happines and euphoria at the same time, as LP is capable.
    my LPU user is: t2ma15

12. Eddie

Eddie New Member

I have first started to listen to linkin park when i was 10 years old and now they are my favorite band. It is cool that they are giving away COOL PRIZES!!

Lpu username: Eddie_14

13. sreenath86

sreenath86 New Member

the first song of the band which in heard was faint.i was 17 years old then.....a friend of mine asked me 2 try the band's songs...i wz always a rock music luver...but the combination of chester's rock vocals and mike's rap made me instantly in luv wit the band...my fav band till 2day is LP...LP rockssss

username - sreenath86
    [email protected]

14. lpalltheway

lpalltheway New Member

ok well when i was in 7th grade (around april in 2007) i heard the songs in the end and numb on the radio and that drew me to find who was the band was - who we all know is linkin park. from that moment on i have been a diehard fan whose continually obsessed w/ them. Also a great lp experience that i had w/ my sister and my dad was seeing them live in pomona last august, very very great memories and i would have to say one of the best days of my life; also my 1st concert experience so you have to imagine the excitement i felt that day. LP PRIDE :D

LPU username : lpalltheway

15. Clarice

Clarice New Member

I used to listen to Linkin Park since I was a child. I was about 10 / 11 years old. My brother put the lp on the radio in the last volume,the neighbors hated, and despite being a child, I loved it. All my youth I heard LP, today is my favorite band. This can not miss in my playlist!

LPU username:Clarice

16. ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

The first time i heard Linkin Park would have been late 2003 after Numb was released. I live in New Zealand so we're not always the first to get onto music and i was quite young at the time so anything that played on the car radio and i could bop my head along to was a good song and Numb was definitely a head bopper for me.

LPU Username: DruMasta

17. Evil Chris

Evil Chris Member

Well there is no easy way to reply to this thread without dating myself a bit but I will forge ahead with no regard to father time. The year was 1999 and I was fresh out of high school and attending my first year of college. I had made this friend in one of my math classes who kept trying to get me into the new world of digital music and these new things called mp3's. I was pretty good with computers back in the day, or so I thought, and I quickly found out how inept to the internet I really was. My friend kept giving me links to some of the first music sites serving mp3's, nowadays these would be called blog sites. My friend also introduced me to Internet Relay Chat (IRC) and gave me a program on floppy disk called winamp. Yes floppy disk, I told you I was dating myself with this. Shortly after I started figuring out all of what my friend gave me and showed me I was ready to grab a few songs off of these music sites, via my 28.8kbps modem. After I realized that one song would take me hours to download I upgraded to a 56.6kbps modem. Ah that's much better! Time to strap on the sunglasses and enjoy the ride! Well to get on with it I was enjoying my new found musical freedom to discover new artists when I stumbled upon a post regarding this new band that was going to take over the world. This band was called Hybrid Theory. I grabbed their EP and gave it a listen and was blown away by the way they took different elements of music from different genres and bended them into such a cohesive unit, or a Hybrid of sorts. (Insert pity laugh here!) Not too long after hearing the EP the site posted an early version of an album by the newly renamed Linkin Park. I was blown away again! I listened to it over and over again and the album just had such a familiarity like I had heard it before but was still fresh after multiple listens. I was really taken by a song called "Forgotten". This song made me a fan or life and made me appreciate the rest of their music more as I would go back and listen to it to pick out every nuance that I had missed the first time around. To make a long story short I fell in love with a band that did in fact change the music industry and become a leader for the future. I now own 30-40 Linkin Park release, have been a member of LPU since day 1 and have supported LPA since they started the site and had an IRC channel.

LPU username: CenterIceman

18. Aditya_the_warrior_within

Aditya_the_warrior_within The Fire Rises

Ok my story had a sad beginning. This was when I was in 6th in 2003, hated by everyone, always fighting with parents & my sis. I never much friends. The entire locality hated me and parents said to their kids 'stay away from him'. My only friends were my books. I wasn't even a fan of music. Moreover adding to my bad I became an asthmatic patient. It was then when I first time heard 'Breaking My Habit' & 'From The Inside' via one of my very few friends (who is now my best buddy/bro and another die hard LP street solider) which changed my life for forever. Linkin Park made a person like me a fan of music itself. The Legend lives on since. After listening to Hybrid Theory and Meteora I was like 'Man these guys are simply great!' and that great turned out to be the best. Its not that I'm a die hard LP fan just because their music is great and they are the best, but they personally helped me in my life to be a better person. I'm an inseparable part of the LP family.

LPU alias: Aditya_the_warrior_within

edit: 250 words or less people :p :)

and this is my first post in the LPA, and i've been here as much time I was in the LPU :D

19. skywise

skywise Member

back when mtv used to play music videos (circa 2001), i happened to catch 'crawling' about 1/4 of the way into the song. i had heard of linkin park and seen 'hybrid theory' for sale at the store, but had never given the group a second thought until i saw this video. it was extremely powerful to me. the next day, i purchased 'hybrid theory', listened to every track and was so amazed at the awesomeness that the group laid down that i joined LPU the following day. been a member ever since.

LPU member: skywise

20. CageBurns

CageBurns New Member

When I was younger (and still had a TV) I used to get about 15 music channels and spent most of my time browsing through them.
    The epiphany came to me one day as I got to a french channel. Just as I was about to navigate away when I actually -heard- the music and dropped the remote. I remember that after that all I watched was that channel waiting for the song to come on. It was In the End and the year was 2002. I got Hybrid Theory for my birthday a couple of days later. I've never had a day without Linkin Park since then :)

LPU User CageBurns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.