LPU March Madness at LP Association!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonzie

Fonzie New Member

The first time i heard Linkin Park was when I was in hospital. At this time I was not very happy with the whole situation of my life. But then a friend of me brought me the Hybrid theory LP. He said i should listen to this music maybe it could help me. I had listen the LP up and down 2 weeks in hospital. My emotional condition gets better and better and now I am completely buoyant. I want to thank Chester, Mike, Brad, Joe, Rob and Phoenix for this great album.

LPU Username: F0nzi3

2. morra

morra Active Member

hey that's a nice present ;)

my LPU-Username is: morra

3. lpdaniel

lpdaniel Daniel

The first time i heard of LP? Then need to go back 7 years ago when I was 14. I was in school for my computer lesson. We were having a break from the lesson and my friend, Vincent, sitting next to me and he played a song to me. It was Numb. I didn't know about LP before. I love the song when I first hear it. And I love LP since that day!!

LPU username: daniel624

4. erwin_canto

erwin_canto New Member

When I first time heard LP? I was 2nd Year High School, in the school, and we are having a program. we are fixing some tools and arranging the tables and chairs.. one of my classmate try to play the CD in the sound system, because he want to try if it is working or the speaker is ok. he said this new CD he buy..it was around 3 oclock in the afternoon.. i catch my attention when i high riffs of scratch and scream..it was emo killer sound..we rockz! while fixing the stage..and i ask him whats the name of the CD..he said LINKIN PARK - HYBRID THEORY..and i remember the song it "With You" track #3..and for the next day i went to the Record Bar..and i search for it..and i buy the HYBRID THEORY CD...for almost one week i tried to listen everyday...it was VERY VERY VERY NICE RECORD for me it 100%..GO LP..make more RECORD!

LPU username: erwin_canto

5. SinisterNL

SinisterNL Member

Stays a epic moment, i was like 12 (now 20) and was on the bike with my mate to his home. We started to watch tv (probably mtv) and he said: He, man this song is cool! And there it was; One Step Closer, since that moment i've been in love with LP and been a hardcore fan

LPU: SinisterNL

6. dacaz5

dacaz5 New Member

The first time i heard Linkin Park was when the In The End music video had first come out and i was sitting on our lounge room floor and it came on TV and i thought that the music style and vocals were just awesome and the flying whale sealed the deal and ive been a LP Addict ever since.

LPU Username:
    dacaz5

7. lilyjulia

lilyjulia New Member

i don't know the exact date, but it was a bit after HT hat been put out. one of my dad's music-collector-buddies used to bring some cds for me as well when visiting my dad, he was the one who brought me a copy of HT. from then on i bought all the cds they dropped and liked their music alot, i consider myself as a hardcore-lp-fan since i saw them live at rock im park in 2007, many concerts to follow since then :D

lpu-nick is lilyjulia

edit: haha just when writing this they started to play what i've done on the radio :)

8. Ghostlyz

Ghostlyz New Member

When I first heard of LP,J was at university in 2004. My best friend was a big LP fan,he sent me a LP CD+DVD——Live in Texas. But I didnn't listen to it,because I thought I couldn't love those ROCK songs! Till only 2 years ago,I heard "what I've done" in a TV show in Taiwan,that was my first LP song~I recognized that there could be such a rock song!Then I listened to that Live in Texas(CD+DVD) and then all of the LP songs~Then I became a very big LP fan~~~

LPU username: ghostly

9. william89

william89 New Member

March Madness

When i first heard LP, it was shortly after there release of HT, my brother in law had there album, i immediately fell in love with the music, i believe the first song i heard off the album was In The End, in the car driving to the shops, been a massive fan since, LP are by far the best band ever.

LPU:William89

10. Kana

Kana New Member

sorry...I cannot speak English well:(

My sister had the Hybrid Theory.
    I was very shocked when I heard In the end.
    The song affected my heart.
    Then I became LP fan.
    LP's songs are very enjoyable and cool.

Did you understand my English...?

LPU Username:Kanachan

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  11. victoria_lpf

victoria_lpf New Member

The first time I ever heard LP was back in grade school. I was in computer class and we were listening to "One Step Closer." The thing I remember most about then was a girl next to me singing to the song and she was getting the lyrics wrong. I would correct her everyonce in a while. But for the longest time that wwas my favorite song and I've been hooked ever since. =]

LPU name: Victoria_LPF

12. itrey

itrey New Member

I listen since 1999 or 2000 to lp! ( I don't know the exactly date) It was @ a concert of the band deftones!
    I tried to get an cd but it was not aviable in austria! =(
    But when hybird theory was released in 2001 i was totally happy!
    Of course i am a lpu member called itrey!
    Since that day i am a "Linkinholik"!
    Greatings to all @ lpa!

13. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I tried so hard to understand you, and got so far, in fact I read your entire post, but in the end it doesn't really matter because you probably won't win the prize.

Just kidding, don't take this seriously :)

14. LinkinPark215

LinkinPark215 Member

LPU Member LinkinPark215 here:

And it's crazy, but the very first time i heard LP was in year 3!!! I was 8 years old lol.
    I heard "In The End", and i fell in love with it!! I was sitting in my room with my radio on, and next thing i knew this amazing song came on, and it was like nothing i had ever heard before! =]
    I am now 18, and i love LP more than ever!! Although living in Australia has its downsides (not many LP concerts, more expensive to purchase things) It's all worth it!! I saw them when they came in 2007, and it was the greatest. LPU member for a few years and i LOVE it!!

Thanks guys!
    LP 4 Life!!!

15. morra

morra Active Member

i was in front of tv a few years ago they played in the end and and BAM it happened a new lp-fan was born!:D

my LPU Username is: morra

16. Seiryu

Seiryu New Member

It was a long time ago (i'm joking) maybe when Meteora went out in store, I heard about Numb. After that a big friend of me give me a copy of Meteora (I know it's bad) but just after I go to buy all the CD and become a monster LP FAN :D

Edit: my LPU Username is : SEISEI

17. Shinoda77

Shinoda77 New Member

It was like 2002 or something. My cousin used to be a Linkin Park fan and she used to listen to LP a lot. One day when I was with her I heard her listening to LP and I just fell in love with the song. It was In The End. Then I told her to open more songs of LP then I listened to some others. I just loved the band. So, I listened others songs of them, searched about LP and found out how amazing they are. Then I became an LP fan.

LPU Username: Shinoda77

18. db089

db089 New Member

Year 2001. I was still going to school. One day, we were going on a field trip so I was sitting in the bus. I was pretty bored when one of my classmates took out a tape and asked the busdriver to turn it on. Didn´t like the music too much ´till I heard Crawling for the first time. It made my day :) It was a little surprising to me because at that time I only listened to Techno, but after I had borrowed the album from a friend I had to change my favourite band and my taste in music. Never had to change it again, since then.

LPU Username: Katrin

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  19. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Well, my story begins waaaay back in 2003-2004 . I was massive transformers fan back then and checked the TF fanstites as much as I check the LP ones now. Anyway, one site had an awesome download section featuring a vast collection of fan made music featuring transformers. Someone had made a music video for my favourite Transformers character: "Starscream". and low and behold, the song used as Starscreams' theme was LP's very own "NUMB". I feel in love with the song instantly and praised how the song captured SS's character. But I wasn't hooked yet. Soon I sort out more music videos featuring the band. Butit was the song "points of Authority" (based on Megatron) that really sealed the deal. Yes perhaps I'm not a hardcore fan like many are. and Yes, I know I havent been with LP since the begining. And yes, I hardly listen to "numb" anymore. But regarless of all that LP still remains and always will be my favourite band- even if the the lead singer sounded a little like Starcream...

LPU: Bennington_hahn

20. Neotriple

Neotriple LPA VIP LPA VIP

Starscream sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.