Random Thoughts 23!

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Luke, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

1. Conan O'Brien is NOT very funny.
    2. It is NOT Jay Leno's fault that NBC decided to fuck with the schedule.
    3. Conan did NOT have to leave, they bought the little ratfucker out.
    4. He is NOT creative, he's been going to the regular networks. "Thinking outside the network box" my ass.
    5. FOX didn't even want him.
    6. He's on TBS (failed channel of reruns and crap shows) now. Guess who's going to watch him? Old people and soccer moms.
    7. He's not five. Or a monkey. Stop calling him Coco.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's your opinion, but I'll have to undeniably and respectfully disagree with everything you've said there. Jay hasn't been funny for years. I at least still laugh at Conan.

3. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

This week is going to be nothing but non-stop drinking. Was drinking last night, seeing old friends in a pub in the centre of town tonight, going for a drink with my bro and uncle tomorrow, going to Ireland for the rest of the week on thursday...My liver will not thank me!

4. Iain

Okay, but you can't argue with 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7. :lol:

5. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Which Disturbed album should I download?

6. Derek

2. But you didn't see Jay objecting to basically stealing Conan's hard earned time slot when it happened. Jay got the better end of the deal, and Conan was forced to a later time zone that few people would watch. Jay got poor ratings and was moved to a better time. Conan also didn't do too well, but he got pushed till after midnight (defeating the purpose of the name 'The Tonight Show' because it's the next day!) Who got it worse?

3. No he didn't have to leave, but they basically destroyed The Tonight Show by trying to move it till midnight. What would you have done? You work over a decade to get there and NBC screws you. That's pretty crappy.

4. Considering many of his creations have made it into pop culture (Triumph The Insult Comic Dog being one of the biggest), and considering he wrote for The Simpsons [and it was considered BETTER then], I'd say he's more creative than Jay.

5. Fox did want him but it would've meant that Conan would've interfered with some programming by fox affiliates, as reruns are big revenue generators. Read up on it. Fox was more than interested.

6. Only part I can agree with you on. Moving to TBS was a bizarre decision, but for all we know TBS may be offering him more creative freedom. And considering the amount of fans he has on facebook, how quickly his tour sold out and how many people were against NBC for what they did, I'd say your logic is highly unfounded.

7. Coco. :p

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Subjective. Posting your opinion in the form of a numerical list doesn't make it more true.

That's what Jay Leno says NOW. I direct your attention to exhibit A:

[youtube]wKNDodhhOEU[/youtube]

As he says in this video, he agreed with leaving the show. On principle, he could've refused NBC's offer to go back to his old time slot. For crying out loud, they could've given Leno more time to establish the variety show (lord knows they gave him time to solidify ratings on the Tonight Show his first go-around), and Leno could've taken a stand as well. Could you imagine what NBC would do if Leno threatened to leave the network?

There are many things that a person DOESN'T have to do, but that doesn't make it right. What NBC and Leno decided to do ultimately was wrong, and Conan leaving was a firm statement showing they can't push their talent around. All in all, NBC failed the public media blitz.

Furthermore, calling him a ratfucker? Yes, we can ALL AGREE TO THAT. :rolleyes:

The man invented Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.
    He wrote episodes of The Simpsons.
    He took place in an epic multi-channel multi-show feud with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert during the writer's strike.
    Outside of leaving NBC, he has effectively used twitter to stay completely relevant during his broadcast downtime, launching a much-hyped tour with a clever name.

When has FOX ever had a successful late-night talk show?

Yeah, a hit talk show on TBS. That's as insane as a valid news program on Comedy Central.

Further, TBS is a cable network, thereby allowing him to develop more risque material than what you would see on network television.

And you act like the legions of Coco fans (as of this post on twitter, a guaranteed 832,959 people) wouldn't watch the show.

And in response to the 'failed channel of reruns', do you have ANY idea how many stoned college kids (coughcough) go watch TBS for their marathon line-ups? Saved By The Bell, The Office, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, My Name is Earl, Friends, Married With Children, and Family Guy, ALL ON ONE NETWORK?! Now add in the upcoming syndication of Malcolm in the Middle, That 70's Show, Boy Meets World, Scrubs, King of the Hill, Everybody Meets Chris, and Conan's new show. Every single 90s kid will be tuning in. Oh wait, there are also movies dispersed in between. Of the comedy genre. I don't see how TBS fails in any fashion at all whatsoever. Do elaborate.

Tell that to Tom Hanks, he started it. Oh wait, you can't. You're not famous, you're just pretentious.

8. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see Conan O'Brien on May 30th! :p :p :p :p

....but really, dissecting this whole thing is rather stupid. Neither argument will win. But I will say that I wish team Jay and/or team NBC supporters would get their facts straight. I'm sorry Iain...but you don't get it and your numbered list shows it.

9. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Conan O Brien is a person.

10. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

My opinion is Jay Leno sucks shit. :p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  11. Minus

Not to be confused with Conan O'Brien.

12. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I can't see John Mayer this summer. I am sad. :(

13. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Him too.

14. Iain

All I'm going to say about this, and then I'm going to drop it, is that I call just about everyone a "little ratfucker" as of late, whether I like them or not. Just like I call everything "bullshit" even if it's not actually bullshit. :lol:

15. Minus

I call bullshit, little ratfucker.

You're right that is fun.

16. Derek

I may not agree with Iain's views on Conan but your post was totally out of line. Joking or not (as you are indeed mocking Iain's choice of words) it was unneeded and inappropriate and you should know better. Seriously.

17. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Their lyrics aren't meant to be spectacular.

I've been a fan of them since 1997 and seen them in concert twice. AWESOME live.

Sometimes music is more about what you feel inside and the energy vs. epic lyrics.

18. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Team Coco FTW.

19. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Yay my new Sonic Screwdriver is here!

20. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Wilkes-Barre huh?

Closest I've been to that area is Scranton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.