Lost - The Final Season

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by El Muerto, Jan 27, 2010.

Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

The Richard episode was one I was waiting for since I saw him run into Ben as a child and looking the same back in season 3. The episode did not disappoint at all! Now I'm waiting for the inevitable Jacob episode.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I can't wait for that episode when Locke kills Jack. I thought that if anyone would survive in the end, it would be Jack..

kidding, don't kill me

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

Dude, I really hope that was not a spoiler and just an assumption.... please don't tell me if it is or not... but from now on, if it hasn't aired and isn't in the trailer we should probably put spoiler warnings...

El Muerto

press ctrl+a and read my post again

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

VERY1Z HAZ 2 SURVIVS! lol

I like Jack and Sawyer the MOST.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, I know you put kidding, but please keep all comments about future episodes aside, even if you are joking. Let's just keep to discussing episodes that have aired.

On that note, tonights episode was amazing! Right up there with the Richard episode. Great great stuff.

El Muerto

Yeah, fair enough, I won't do it again :)

I loved the episode, but I still have no idea how they're gonna connect the timelines.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Maybe the thing that Desmond has to do is to get all the people to the island in the alternative timeline?

Just a suggestion *shrugs*

I love how this show makes you keep guessing. If the ending is just "aliens" like Knowing, I'm gonna kill someone though :lol:

El Muerto

Unless they all go scuba-diving, there's nothing to do on the island in the alt timeline. It's underwater :lol:

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Oh shit yeah, I forgot about that! How very silly of me :eek:

hawk

Cannot wait for the follwing:
    When Harry Potter and his gang roll up in their Camero's and then save Jack.

Then in the next episode the island gets nuked 4,000 times.

LOL. I kid you.

But seriously, Lost is all over the place now and I don't hate it but when you compare it to the first season then you can agree with me when I say....."what the f***?"

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    barnes80

Yah I must agree that out of all the seasons this has been by far the most disappointing. However, when you look at it from the perspective of the writers tying up the lose ends and all, it makes sense. I really love Lost because of the mysterious and the suspense, along with the character development and plot. I loved the first two seasons because it was so slow. There were so many scenes that were just their for fun, or to make you more involved with the characters, but nowadays every scene is there for the plot. A lot of the humor has gone. I understand though. They want to end the show. It would have been nice if they would have kept the same style episodes all the ways through and told the same plot, but thatd be hard and eat up money. Im sure they are paying the actors a lot more now then they started off.

Anyways, in comments to past episodes. I really disliked the Sun/Jin episode, but I almost always do so whatever. The Desmond episode was one of the best of the season, mostly because of Desmond being the best character in the show, and also because Charlie is the second best, but also because it brought the first tie in with the parallel universe. I wonder what is going to happen there. Obviously Desmond is going to go around and lead people to discovering the island, like he did this week with Hugo and partially Locke, but like someone said, the island is underwater, so what is the point. Is there a way for Daniel to reverse the change, or is it just for the sake of knowing? Seems weird. We shall see.

But I really like how the explained the island voices tonight. And they showed another random young kid, so I'm pretty sure the blond hair kid wasn't directly important, but something about them. Are they tied in with the voices and trapped people, or something else? If the dead people are trapped on the island, could they be sided with Locke, since they both want to get off? I'm assuming Hurley and all of the other chosen ones is nothing but bad news bears... but hopefully awesome Desmond will rise out of the well and save them all!

Ahhh this show is ending to fast!

Things I want to see still:

Mr. Eko comeback.
    Explanation of why Jack's father was a huge deal for so long
    Better explanation of Jacob and Man in Black
    Rose and Bernard end up happy somewhere together
    Kate with Jack
    Sawyer with Juliette some how
    More Ben, much more Ben.
    More Charlie and Desmond
    More Faraday
    WALLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

El Muerto

I'm pretty sure they just made up their mind this season about what the whispers are gonna turn out to be. Over the past five seasons they kept throwing them into so many scenes where they needed to create tension without any rule when and where whispers appear.

And it's the same kid, I checked the actor. His hair just looked darker in this episode, probably because of the light.

And about the things you want to see:

The actor who plays Eko hasn't been in good relations with the show-runners since he lefty the show, so the chances of him coming back are pretty slim.
    I think Bernard and Rose already got their happy ending back in season five when we saw them in that cabin. Although I'd like to see them come into play again somehow.
    We already got a hint about a Juliet and Sawyer meeting up in LA X when Juliet was dying and talking about "going dutch". And then Miles said what she wanted to say is "it worked". So I'm pretty sure that the two of them are at least gonna have a date or something like that in the alt timeline. :)

hawk

Just saw that episode.

I am not so sure about how to show will end right now. I was hoping that things would die down, the alternate timeline would disappear and they would remain on the island and it would end very similar to the way it all began. I am still hoping something like that can happen, or instead have a crazy ending which will blow our minds.

barnes80

Yah I would have to agree with the voices things. It does feel a little inconsistent because we have heard the voices both when dead people and alive people appeared, and also, on the freighter right before Michael died. But I mean, I guess their explanation is its a bunch of dead guys sitting in the woods trying to creep people out lol. Not exactly a great explanation but its something. I would like to think though that they do have an agenda of their own. But I guess we will see.

Yah I have a feeling Sawyer and Juliet will in fact meet up in the parallel universe, I'm just curious how she was able to see both time lines. When you die do you begin to fade into the other time line? Charlie died and he found a connection. Same with Libby. Desmond never actually died but he didn't discover the connection alone either. Same with Hugo. Maybe if alive characters in the flash sideways tell other alive characters, they will be able to communicate through to the island or some crazy crap. Who knows.

That's a shame about Eko. He really had one of the most unique past lives of the show. But I guess like Ben said about llana, when the island is done wiith you, it's done with you and gets rid of you....

So I guess the reappearance of the boy leads us back to the question of who he is. Maybe its him as a kid. Maybe they changed the hair color to show aging a big and maybe its the man in black as a child? I doubt it. I feel like that kid is going to lead up to the conclusion of the show somehow.

El Muerto

I still think that the boy is some sort of an embodiment of the island.

hawk

I agree. I feel that he is going to be some part of the end.

El Muerto

Has anyone seen this? :)

El Muerto

I think we agreed not to post spoilers here at all. If somebody has come this far and wants to read what's gonna happen just a month before he can see it, there are plenty of sites out there.

So can we just keep this about the episodes that already aired? :)

hawk

Volcanic smoke ey? Maybe not part of the ENDING but maybe the finale episode, thats what I hope.