Lost - The Final Season

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by El Muerto, Jan 27, 2010.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, good call. I removed Jesse's post because I want to keep this thread clean of any spoilers whatsoever pertaining to any future episodes, even if they are marked clearly as spoilers. Like you say, there's many other places people can go for spoilers and I want to keep this thread to episode discussion. Thanks people.

Anyway. I really enjoyed last nights episode a lot. It seems like it's all coming together in the alt-time line. Good stuff.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Just a question, how many episodes are left?

Joe

Technically 5 episodes left. The last episode will be a double episode however, so episodes 17 & 18 will air together.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Really? I thought is was one of the worst this season.
    On-island action kept dragging as usual and nothing really came together in Alt-timeline ever since Desmond's epizode.
    There were a couple of really really annoying scenes in this one

Joe

Really? I guess I really liked the pace of the episode, seemed like quite a lot happened on island I thought. What I meant by the alt coming together is how they have focused the flash sideways' on all of the characters now rather than just one person, which I quite like.

El Muerto

Yeah, that actually is one improvement they've made with this episode.

I generally don't like this season very much. It's feels like it's been watered down.

Now that I think about it, the entire series could've easily been packed into 3 seasons and like that it would've been one of the best series of all time.

I don't know.. I just pray the ending is amazing.

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

I think you are partially right here.

Yes, the season does feel very watered down, but I think that is a result of them trying to cram the ending into the 18 episodes. To me, seasons 1 and 2 were the best seasons ever, because they were just completely filled with amazing character development and side plots. Half of the stuff really didn't even matter, like the islanders playing golf for fun, or random fishing scenes and what not, but to me, that was all what made Lost so great. It made me feel submersed into their world, I connected with the characters, and really cared.

However, as the seasons progressed, I feel like they worried less and less about these short fun and pointless scenes and cared more about the major plot and suspense. And now here we are in Season 6 where I feel like its just boom boom boom plot, with not casual moments. I guess that is the nature of the story, but I really miss the natural feel to the show. I think they are trying to push too much into the show in a set amount of time. Originally they had all the time in the world so they wasted a lot of it just making the show interesting, but now that they placed limits on themselves they really have no room for anything except the necessities.

I feel like season 6 is just giving us the essential stuff which actually makes it somewhat boring. Plus the fact that they are supposed to wrap up all the mysterious makes keeping the show suspenseful somewhat hard. I never really felt like the writers were having a tough time until now, and I really think its because of the time restriction. Its sad, I don't exactly love the season, but I will have to make do with what I get.

I really spaced out during the Sideways last night because I was doing homework at the same time, but it seemed fairly simple with nothing new really new. I think Jack's ex wife is probably someone we know since they are refusing to show her. Illana was nice to see I guess since they felt the need to blow her up... And of course Jack would jump off the boat... him and Kate and Sawyer and their complicated-ness... I'm sure its fairly certain Sayid didn't kill Desmund since they didn't show it... so I guess Sayid isn't fully evil... hmm, I hope something exciting happens again soon!

El Muerto

I can bet all the money I've got that Jack's wife is gonna be Juliet. After all this time of not showing her, it's gonna be stupid if it's some other minor character.

And another thing I don't like this season is that they're answering things with simple Q&A among the characters.

"So you are the black smoke?" "Yes"
    "So you were Christian all along?" "Yes"
    "So whispers are dead people?' "Yes"

It takes away a lot from the show.

Joe

Yeah, the way some of the answers have been given have been slightly unepic, and yeah, Jack's wife is definitely gonna be someone good, at least it better be. I've even read theories that it could be Penny which didn't seem too far fetched, haha.

El Muerto

Wow, I didn't think of Penny at all.. And she's also doing tour de stade just like Jack did back in season 1. Damn, this seems like a really good option now haha.

Joe

Yeah, I think it was also based on that David plays the piano and he was playing the same music as Daniel Farraday was, who is obviously Penny's sister, so it runs in the family.

barnes80

Wow awesome theory and supporting evidence... plussss the actor who plays Penny plays a doctor in Flashforward so why are perfect for one another ;)

I gotta agree with the whole answers being provided in a q and a fashion sucking. Whatever happened to them just showing it and you going whatttttt?

oh wells

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think this season's been really good, and I understand some of the questions being answered really easily. It's realistic, not every question you've ever wanted answering blows up into something huge. Also, I think it shows that Evil Locke (as I like to call him) doesn't have anything to hide anymore.

hawk

I agree that answering those questions about the smoke monster and all is taking away the whole mystery from the show.
    If you compare this season to the first you can actually see how much they've fucked up Lost since the first season and now.
    The classic Lost we know is now gone and we're now watching two timelines, and previously had moving the time travelling and all that.
    If someone wrote out a synopsis of each seasons in a story then I would be lost myself.

barnes80

Just a counter argument to the Penny being the mom thing though. According to my friend, a book Jack used to read to David when he was little is the same book he reads to Aaron when he is little, so it is possible that Kate is the mother, although I highly doubt that. Her still being a fugitive makes that almost next to impossible.

El Muerto

Well they bumped into each other on the plane and there was no hint whatsoever that the two of them knew each other, let alone that they had been married.

hawk

LOL. After reading this it would be so fail is it was.

barnes80

Yes I agree. I don't think that the book was proof that Kate is David's mother, but I think it is proof that just because of the piano thing that Penny isn't necessarily the mother either.

El Muerto

Yes, although the Penny thing would be cool, I don't think they're gonna go with that. It's got to be Juliet.

20. hawk

Has anyone read this?
    What do you think?