Mike Talks 8-Bit Rebellion On uStream 04/26/10

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Late last night Mike made an impromptu stop by his uStream channel to answer questions and discuss 8-Bit Rebellion amongst other things. For those that missed it or would like a catch up of the brief stream, click here.

Source: uStream via the_chemist

Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

I understand that was 8BR chat but wow, that's a shift in attitude about the new album. Early on the entire band was super excited about it and now it's like "yeah... we're working on the new album... it sounds great...". That's true for the last couple of comments. :blink:

On a less related note, I wonder what's gonna be the next "thing" before the album. They've had lots of excuses not to talk about it all along :p: New Divide, tour, art show, DBS, LPU9, Download to Donate, 8BR. Wonder whether we're closing to the point where they're gonna start talking more about the album or maybe there's gonna be a bunch of other stuff going on.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda still maintains that the new album be out later this year. :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In Mike's defense, every chat has someone going 'HAI GUYZ, WHEN THE NEW ALBUM OUT?' and every time Mike has to answer the same thing which is: 'We're still working on it, we hope to have it done and out by the end of this year'. It's the same thing every chat, and I'm sure the band is tired of having to answer it all the time.

Shark Attack

Shark Attack Well-Known Member

Pretty cool song, good to hear Mike back on the rap :p

minuteforce

He was obviously really, really tired too.

Joe

Yeah, it's ridiculous. All those chats just get spammed up with "WHENZ LP COMINNG TO BRRAZIL" & "WHATS THE NEW ALBUM CALLED!!1!". Seriously, as if Mike knows any of that.

thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

What a crummy chat! He was trying so hard to get decent questions! What about - what are the plans for the expansions so to speak for 8-Bit that they have mentioned? Will there be any exclusives for the LPU?

Joe

Yeah, I really feel for Mike when he has to put up with so many noobish LP fans, seriously. It's like when I went to see Fort Minor, and about 80% of the audience was wearing LP shirts. I really don't understand that at all.

thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

I am a die hard fan and new to the forums. I am the kind of fan that has tattoos that are LP related (I have 2). And so it annoys me when great opportunitys are there and people waste them. What about asking what the writing process for Blackbirds was like, how long did it take to finish from demo to compelte song?

GeekInThePink

GeekInThePink Member

Good chats like those aren't likely to happen on a public video chat, lol. Bring on a LPU chat, a real moderated not-video-or-public LPU chat :p

about the video, Mike looks tired, but if it's because he's working hard... nice! :D

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yeah there are alot of idiots on uStream.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've been campaigning for those chats to be moderated for the longest time, but unfortunately they aren't and because of this anarchy happens and the video feed stutters like mad.

minuteforce

I'd certainly call that a worthy cause. Whether you're participating in them or reading about them afterwards, moderated chats are the best.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I just don't really understand..maybe ustream should developd an anti-spam board or keyword block system, then more good question can come. But unfortunately I just miss every chat, since I have some question for him. It's pretty ironic when he say " 'Are you going to blah blah blah' Ahh My favorite question...and the answer is NO" in one of the ustream chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.