Lost - The Final Season

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by El Muerto, Jan 27, 2010.

1. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You definitely are imagining! :D

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's very strange though cause I do remember either Jacob or MIB telling Jack or Hurley something along those lines. Haha. And I have a image of a mirror in my mind when I try to think of it! Anyway maybe it's that I just read too much and dreamed it! :lol:

BUT besides that.. I hope MIB gets off that island.

3. El Muerto

There's no way that's gonna happen haha. My theory is that somehow they'll sink the island and trap him underwater which will somehow result in the island being underwater in the alt timeline too. It's bullcrap I know, but it's the best I can think of haha :)

4. Jesse

They've been hinting at it all season saying "WHAT HAPPENS IF THAT THING GETS OFF THE ISLAND?" It would be a HUGE letdown to not let people know exactly what the outcome would be.

My theory is that they somehow find a way to contain the evil in another body or "cork" or what have you thus releasing MIB as a Human; allowing him to get off the island. Maybe there will be two endings like their was last season one in the ATL and one in the OTL.

I really hate the ATL cause it just seems a sad excuse for a happy ever after so fans won't get their feelings hurt. I can't really say much because no spoilers are allowed here but MIB did say "I was a man once, just like you" It wouldn't be fair to allow a guy that's been trapped for thousands of years on an island without his consent to not have any closure. No matter how bad he is now, he probably had some kind of accident and deserves some justice.

5. barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

Wow ok, I will put everything in spoiler tags if you haven't watched tonights episode yet...

1) I totally called that Jacob and MIB don't exactly know what is going on. Their mother kept it all secret from them.

2) Now I'm really curious what exactly that light is all about and how it could change MIB into smoke monster...

3) MIB being the inventor of the wheel is intense. He was right about it letting people leave the island, but I guess he gave that idea up for some reason...

4) How did the "mother" manage to kill everyone on the island and bury the wheel? That was really confusing.

5) I like how MIB left to be with the people because he thought they were good, but jacob thought they were evil, but the after 30 years or so, the roles were reversed, with MIB realized that people are just bad, and then later Jacob bringing people to the island to prove they are good? strange. Maybe he is really worried about his mother people wrong?

6) Jacob drinks the black stuff from the bottle... MIB goes into the light... could we totally be wrong with who is good and bad? Ever since the beginning of this season I've really started hating Jacob and rooting for MIB.

7) I knew the Adam and Eve would be given in this season. They said that in a press conference... but for it to be them.... so weird.... I was betting on Benard and Rose or something. Does that mean we can call him Adam now?

ahh. I loved it. I really love the episodes that just drop you in a random situation with new characters and you have no idea whats going on. Most notably was the season 3 opening with Juliette in the kitchen, which turned out to be on the island. Favorite scene ever.

6. Jesse

IN SPOILER

LOL. JACOB IS A PUSHOVER THAT LETS MOMMY CONTROL HIM, and a douche that murders his brother. Also what kind of idiot would just fucking drink from a cup like that? A blind follower with no self-respect is who. His brother was getting revenge for that crazy ass kidnapper trying to fucking kill him. She murdered the village. I already knew who adam and eve were, it doesn't prove they knew from the beginning at all, so it's a big let down in that regard. Plus Jacob didn't want BiB (boy in black) to leave the island even when they were stolen from their real mum by some crazy bitch who murdered her. All in all, I hardly have any more sympathy for Jacob than I had in the beginning. BiB on the other hand was just trying to get home where he belongs. soo Team MIB for me, still.

@barnes80 I don't think the smoke monster is Jacobs brother. I think the smoke monster too his brothers form just like he took Locke's & Christians.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  7. El Muerto

So anyone else feels this episode was a bit of a let down? I mean, sure it was great to learn Jacob and MIB's story and on the way find out about some other cool things, but if a 40-minute flashback that goes back thousands of years doesn't make you understand the show any better, then what will? Is it seriously gonna take MIB sitting down and explaining shit to Jack?

And about the things we did find out:

1. Adam and Eve - so they said Adam and Eve are gonna be the proof that they had a masterplan all along. Really? Sure, A&E are someone who wasn't introduced into the show until five seasons later, but it feels more like they've found a way of explaining them. If it wasn't for the stones I'd be 100% sure they made it up along the way, but even the stones don't prove anything. A black and white stone was an obvious clue that the people were some kind of opposites, but I don't think anyone really saw a guy and his mom. And while they were at showing footage from S1, why didn't they show Jack saying that the bodies were around 60 years old? Or did he say 2060 years old? I forgot..

2. The smoke monster - I believe their mother used to be the smoke monster. Think about it, she knew what would happen if you went down that stream, and she felt kind relieved in the end when she died, plus all those people somehow ended dead. When she first showed them the light, by saying one of them is gonna have to become the protector of the island, I don't think she meant proterctor that lives in a foot and eats fish, I think she meant the monster, and that's why MIB was the first choice all along.

A lot of things that should've been referenced were left completely unclear. Like how Jacob killed MIB when supposedly they can't hurt eachother. Why does he not age? (is it the wine?) Why can't they leave? What exactly are the rules that have been mentioned so many times by now etc etc..

And I'm so pissed off that they're not revealing MIB's real name. They had better keep it a mistery forever or else it's gonna be the most anti-climatic moment in the history of television.

8. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Maybe I need to rewatch it but like you dusan, I didn't feel this episode belonged in the awesome category. It was a nice change I guess to get a little back story on MIB & Jacob etc, but the episode didn't really stand out to me. Like you guys have said there were so many more questions brought up from this episode than what was answered really. Adam & Eve being revealed was nice but I wasn't shocked when it happened. Also, with only 1 episode and the finale left, I'm getting concerned some of these questions will be answered in a rush which I'm not a fan of, but still, Can't wait for the final episodes.

9. El Muerto

God, this just dawned on me. You know why they keep calling him Locke? Because it's the Smoke Monster in a form of John Locke. No, it's not MIB in the forme of Locke, it's the smoke, and MIB and smoke are not one and the same.

MIB died when Jacob threw him in the water, and that's when smoke monster started using his form. What we saw in The Incident and Ab Aeterno was not the actual MIB, the kid who found the game, the man who wanted to install the wheel, it was the Smoke in the shape of him.

This might not be 100% true, but it's the best I can create out of all this mess :lol:

10. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, Smokey couldn't take MIB's body because it has become a skeleton :p

11. Jesse

I had this idea in my previous post I think. But no I think it may be more likely that mibs "soul" was taken with the smoke and he needed to find a body, and the easiest choice was to use his own body.

The light. LAME.
    How they can't hurt each other? LAME
    I mean, we're at the end! Stop posing fucking questions!

Also IF, and I really mean it IF this was NOT a season 6 episode I would have LOVED IT. But it's too fucking late and I'm tired of it. :lol:

12. Jesse

I had this idea in my previous post I think. But no I think it may be more likely that mibs "soul" was taken with the smoke and he needed to find a body, and the easiest choice was to use his own body.

The light. LAME.
    How they can't hurt each other? LAME
    I mean, we're at the end! Stop posing fucking questions!

Also IF, and I really mean it IF this was NOT a season 6 episode I would have LOVED IT. But it's too fucking late and I'm tired of it. :lol:

13. El Muerto

Well now it has the memories of real John Locke too. (will the real John Locke please stand up, please stand up..)
    Don't know what to think anymore lol.

And the light was nothing special, it was the same antimatter/electromagnetism that we saw behind the frozen donkey wheel almost two seasons ago, the problem is that the Mother had no idea what it is so she mystified it and explained it in a more primitive way, more suitable for the period they lived in (it's safe to say she had no idea what quantum physics is haha :))

14. Jesse

15. El Muerto

Oh my God, that was AMAZING HAHAHAH :D

16. barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

I think you guy put way to much faith into the writers :p
    You can't really think they knew from day 1 that the Adam and Eve were these two?

The whole we wrote the show to begin with is a gimmick to get people more interested. All they did was write an extremely open show. They through random crap in there all over the place, giving no explanation, that way they could go back later and explain it however they want. That is precisely why there are several mysteries that will never be explained. They just wrote them out of the show so they no longer matter because they wouldn't fit in with plot they moved on to.

Not that the writers are not amazing or anything. They have to constantly keep up with what was in the show and how they can connect it all together. Its still fairly impressive. Don't be dissapointed because it feels like they are making it up as they go, because that is what they did... In fact, Ben Linus only came into the show as a guest for an episode or two. The audience really loved him, so the actors wrote him a special role as leader of the others... So much of seasons 3 and 4 are based on Ben... if they didn't know his character existed, who could they know how to write the show prior... Same with Richard, he only was supposed to have a minor role, because he was starring in his own show, but it got canceled and they brought him back and made him never age. A lot of this stuff is made up season to season.

The one thing I believe they have always known from the start was that it would be about good versus evil, from the scene with Locke and Walt and the marbles... but seldom is a story not about that... They successfully managed to create an extremely open yet in depth story which they could write as they went without looking it.

I have to agree with the smoke not actually being MIB, and therefore modern MIB not actually being MIB. I still like the idea of Smokey not actually being Christian Shepard and having lied to him about it. I feel like he gave that answer way to simply. Plus that makes sense to me. Christian appeared to Jack off island, although that could be argued as an illusion, I'm not so sure. And even so, Christian was the person who told Michael he could die when the freighter blew up. If smokey can't travel over water as we have assumed, then how could he get there? Some people say it's because the boat is close to the island... but so is Hydra island and he seems to need a canoe to get across... however, Jack through "Locke" into the water last week and it did nothing that we saw...

Another point is, the Mother said she wanted to keep men away from the light, but considering the reaction to a body entering that water cave... I'd say that it was more of she had trapped the smoke thing in there and didn't want it to get out. Now its free on the island, and Jacob wants to make it stay there. Possible because he see's what it did to his brother and doesn't want it to do that to the world.

17. Jesse

Gotta say, I think now MiB IS the smoke monster.They're not two separate entities Reason is MiB couldn't kill Jacob by himself because their "mother" had made it that way and the light was not death it was "Life, Death, and REBIRTH" He died but was reincarnated as the smoke monster, but is essentially the same man that he's always been. Except even more desperate to leave the island now than ever before, and for good reason too. Also though MiB has been known to lie so has everyone else , but I believe him when he said he had a very disturbed mother and his desire to leave the island furthers my point.

Other thing is ,there is a possibility that his "mother" was a smoke monster too but somehow MiB kills her, maybe it's because she wanted him to? Only think I can think of. She does say "Thank you"as he kills her afteralll..

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  18. El Muerto

Well that was exactly what they had said back then, that they know who Adam and Eve are gonna turn out to be. So the question is, are you a man of faith? :p

19. Jesse

I just now noticed your sig Dusan, does it mean you're a dead candidate now? Since you're crossed out and all?

20. El Muerto

Well, I'm not dead, just not a candidate anymore :p